Keep eye out for...

SS Robert Andino the kid is ready for a BIG breakout year. He's going to Jupiter this year for spring training. I was told Alex Gonzalez won't even talk to the kid, let alone look his way. Alex knows Robert is almost ready to take his job. This kid along with LHP Luke Hagerty will be my surprises this spring. Watch Out Alex :thumbup

My vet surprise Chris Aguila the kid is a sponge. He wants to learn so bad. He "looks like" Magglio Ordonez, now if he would play like him will see.

Its going to be fun

Andino is a long way from the majors. I'd be surprised if he starts the year in AA.

670335[/snapback]

His defense skills are there, his bat is two years away.

670338[/snapback]

No reason to rush him then. AGon can play Gold Glove caliber D plus anything he gives you with his bat is a plus - and 20 home runs is not bad at all from your 8th hitter.

Andino is a long way from the majors. I'd be surprised if he starts the year in AA.

670335[/snapback]

His defense skills are there, his bat is two years away.

670338[/snapback]

No reason to rush him then. AGon can play Gold Glove caliber D plus anything he gives you with his bat is a plus - and 20 home runs is not bad at all from your 8th hitter.

670381[/snapback]

I believe Gonzalez is a free agent after this year though. So, next spring could conceivably bring a SS competition between Josh Wilson and Andino. If this kid has a good spring, maybe he gets the upper hand over Wilson and Wilson is trade bait, along with possibly Stokes. Who knows.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

You guys actually think Hagerty will stay on our 25 man roster the whole year?

670350[/snapback]

I guess it depends on his spring and go from there

670352[/snapback]

Also on if Spooney comes back healthy, Alfo stays healthy, and if we stick by Bump.

670357[/snapback]

Isn't Hagerty a lefty? So we'd need rightys to replace those guys you mentioned if they don't come back healthy.