Encarnacion to cubs for Kyle Farnsworth?

marlinsmaniac

Encarnacion is going nowhere, he's the best defensive OF on the team. The guy played hurt when he was traded to Florida. take his numbers from last year along with his 2003 numbers, and somewhere in the middle you got the Juan who WILL play in Florida this season. Remember he had 80 plus RBI's in '03.

Since you brought up the Cubs and trade rumors...here's one trade just for fun

OF Todd Hollandsworth(1 million per)

For

OF Juan Encarrnacion and prospect (Luke Hagerty maybe)

save 3 million and you get another lefty in the line-up Just a thought...

Encarnacion is going nowhere, he's the best defensive OF on the team. The guy played hurt when he was trade to Florida. take his last year numbers along with his 2003 numbers, and somewhere in the middle you got the Juan who WILL play in Florida this season. Remember he had 80 plus RBI's in '03.

Since you brought up the Cubs and? trade rumors...here's one trade I won't like to see.

For

save 3 million and you get another lefty in the line-up? Just a thought...

672204[/snapback]

the cubs wont want enc. they'd rather have dubois anyway. I'm pretty confident Enc WON'T Play in Florida this season. I'm comfortable with Aguila coming off the bench anyway. We need pitching insurance anyway... the health concern of our pitchers should outweigh the health concern of our already loaded offense.

plus hagerty is basically a cub anyway

no

672181[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol

anyway, I dont see the Cubs doing it.... but its a nice thought

672210[/snapback]

Ramp, I thought you were the leader of Todd Hollandsworth fan club when he was down here? :lol

672213[/snapback]

I was, and I still am..... dont know why you would think otherwise

Encarnacion is going nowhere, he's the best defensive OF on the team. The guy played hurt when he was traded to Florida. take his numbers from last year along with his 2003 numbers, and somewhere in the middle you got the Juan who WILL play in Florida this season. Remember he had 80 plus RBI's in '03.

Since you brought up the Cubs and trade rumors...here's one trade just for fun

For

save 3 million and you get another lefty in the line-up Just a thought...

672204[/snapback]

I agree with Teal Shadow the Marlins should keep Enc and play him in right field. Enc as a no 7 hitter is great look at his stats and compare to other 7th place hitters in baseball. We need Enc defense in right field as we saw last year Cabrera does not have the speed to play the big right field area in Pro Player. As far as Aguila goes I don't think that the Marlins spend that kind of money on Delgado to put a rookie out in right field, did you forget the Ramon Castro disaster last year. Enc contract will be up at the end of year anyway. Conine can play off the bench this will make our bench even stronger.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.