22 GS, 93 IP: 4-10 with a 8.90 ERA

Iowa

I'm not.. we should trade Enc or Enc/Stokes for a middle of the road starter who can give us decent innings and keep us in games and give us a chance to win.

672257[/snapback]

Name one who is cheap. One that is a million to two million dollars or less that is available and puts up respectable numbers then.

672258[/snapback]

Hey, I threw my idea out there a few topics down.

I'm just pointing out to people that a 6th starter is much more important than a 4th OF.

I'm not.. we should trade Enc or Enc/Stokes for a middle of the road starter who can give us decent innings and keep us in games and give us a chance to win.

672257[/snapback]

Name one who is cheap. One that is a million to two million dollars or less that is available and puts up respectable numbers then.

672258[/snapback]

I'm just pointing out to people that a 6th starter is much more important than a 4th OF.

672260[/snapback]

I think THutch makes a perfectly fine emergency starter. And we do have Yorman Bazardo who I think could be the next Dontrelle from AA if we needed a pitcher to jump.

There was Wade Miller in FA but the Sox got him cheap

672496[/snapback]

Wade Miller must have really wanted to go to the Red Sox because they got him really cheap. It is hard to believe that another team wouldnt have offered him more.

672688[/snapback]

I think it was because he has serious injury concerns...

Anyone know if he is going to be even healthy to start out the season?

you sign a couple of veteran starters that have enjoyed at least a little success in the majors throw them in AAA and there are your 'emergency' starters.

you arent going to get a guy of high major league quality at this point anyway. hell valdes isnt exactly high major league quality.

you sign a couple of veteran starters that have enjoyed at least a little success in the majors throw them in AAA and there are your 'emergency' starters.

you arent going to get a guy of high major league quality at this point anyway. hell valdes isnt exactly high major league quality.

672861[/snapback]

Das, you probably follow the astros somewhat.. are they looking to move Tim Redding at all?

672861[/snapback]

Das, you probably follow the astros somewhat.. are they looking to move Tim Redding at all?

672880[/snapback]

not that i have heard of....and the astros really cant afford to move ANY pitching at this point anyway.

Ben howard can defintely fill in that long relief, emergency starter role.

673401[/snapback]

No he can't. He proved his crappiness last season. No thanks. He can throw 2 pitches, fastballs & sliders. Great. That's good to get one or two batters out in a jam, not be an effective starter. I'd sooner take Logan Kensing and that's not saying much.

672257[/snapback]

672258[/snapback]

672260[/snapback]

If we move Encarnacion, then we could afford to pay the pitcher $4 million. That should be more than enough to get a great pitcher. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd year pitcher that we can keep long term and maybe develop.

Ben howard can defintely fill in that long relief, emergency starter role. Although id love to see bazardo or thutch coming in and pulling a dontrelle willis 03. If one of those guys can displace an injured starter or valdez. If bazardo cna push valdez to long relief our team is in good shape

673401[/snapback]

THutch is not a top prospect... he's at 4th starter at best. Bazardo and Olsen could pull a D-Train this coming year, though. Let's keep tabs on those guys and see how they perform during Spring Training. If you see either of those guys pulling a below 3 ERA for the Spring, they will be our emergency starters.

Ben howard can defintely fill in that long relief, emergency starter role. Although id love to see bazardo or thutch coming in and pulling a dontrelle willis 03. If one of those guys can displace an injured starter or valdez. If bazardo cna push valdez to long relief our team is in good shape

673401[/snapback]

THutch is not a top prospect... he's at 4th starter at best. Bazardo and Olsen could pull a D-Train this coming year, though. Let's keep tabs on those guys and see how they perform during Spring Training. If you see either of those guys pulling a below 3 ERA for the Spring, they will be our emergency starters.

673510[/snapback]

just because Hutch isnt a "top prospect" doesnt mean he cant fill in more than adequately