Who's you Favorite player ever....

El Guapo

Mine is Babe Ruth just for being who he was...he saved this great game and took it to another level...also he was great with the fans,u dont see players get as close to the fans as he did anymore...i mean he was the people's champ and people talked about him like if they knew him...plus he was all about the kids,people would kill just to get peek at him....Doesnt matter that he doesnt hold the HR record anymore he will always be the Home Run King...

Andre Dawson

My idol growing up.. My earliest baseball memories are of him. Have a pretty ridiuculous collection of memorbilia of him.. I wrote to him when i was a little kid and he wrote a personal letter back to me, which i still have. I've been a marlin fan ever since 95 when he joined the team.

Guest BroknArrw

Cliff Floyd

=======

If it weren't for him being a Marlin-I wouldn't have had the pleasure of coming here and being introduced to Admin. I hate to see him get flamed especially when I got to see it on these boards. I check in once and a while and see polls and more often then not; I see its more a bunch of HOMER's. Its like you can't ask who a better team is and have the Marlins as an option.

Cardinals and Marlins shouldn't even be mentioned together. Cabrera as a HOFer? I won't say they don't have promise, but its counting chickens before they hatch around here.

As for Cliff, he played hard for the Marlins and he got reintroduced to an owner that almost noone in baseball liked. He did play for him in Montreal. I still think hes not a great owner, but not as bad as he was. Cliff didn't like the owner when he was a free agent and it hurt him to see the Fish win the WS after he left because fans and a few players spoke poorly of him. Cliff is a class guy. Hell he let me and my wife get to be close with him from us being fans that cared. He is passionate about life and the gme of baseball; but because he is human, so many people are better then him. I just don't get it. Some see players as $$$$ and think that players see themselves as better then "us"; but they have people problems like we do. They have emotion.

Maybe I'll get ripped for being passionate too, if you want me to read something--email it to me. I only check in every so often.

Good Luck with the team-

God Bless

Andre Dawson for me as well.

I was a Cub fan when I was younger. The year he hit the 49 dingers for the Cubs, I couldn't wait to get home from school and put on WGN to watch him play (and listen to the great Harry Caray). My Dawson signed ball is one of my favorite possessions.

Cobb is insanely underrated. And I like his personality...

674604[/snapback]

So you like alcoholic racists that were probably in the KKK and might have killed people?

:plain

674699[/snapback]

the guy was mentally ill

without a doubt

the personality was a little thing called sarcasm

he's still my second fave

Cobb is insanely underrated. And I like his personality...

674604[/snapback]

So you like alcoholic racists that were probably in the KKK and might have killed people?

:plain

674699[/snapback]

actually, he did kill people

he couldn't play in the state of ohio for many years because he'd get jailed

to get to the 1907 WS against pittsburgh he had to go through canada

Barry Bonds. I got a poster of him at a book fair when I was in 1st Grade. 1993 maybe? Anyway after that I like read up on him and started collecting his baseball cards and stuff. I got all kinda Bonds stuff still...rookie cards, figurines, an autographed baseball. I just love watching the guy hit and I have no problem with his personality honestly.

Jose Canseco

some of my first hardcore baseball memories were of wathcing him and the A's vs the Dodgers in the 88 World Series. in his heydey, the guy could do no wrong offensively, plus he was cool as hell. dated Madonna, was in the Hammer "2 Legit to Quit" video (hey those things were cool back then). i also like his cockyness, proclaiming himself "the best player in the world" back in the late 80s. anywho, who else could blast a HR into the upper deck of the SkyDome like that?? 545 feet some say.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.