A Word From our Friend Carl Pavano

Fish2Repeat

"There are certain things that belong with us ballplayers," Yankees pitcher Carl Pavano said. "It's a tight group. It's sad to see someone that desperate come throw themselves out there to make money."

Yeh Carl.....Who ever heard of a professional athlete doing something for money?!? HAHAHAHA 40 million cough 40 million

This was part of the following article on ESPN.COM about the Canseco book:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1991571

PS, before I get baraded by people for using Carl as an example of a greedy athlete, let me say he is at the lesser end of this spectrum.

"There are certain things that belong with us ballplayers," Yankees pitcher Carl Pavano said. "It's a tight group. It's sad to see someone that desperate come throw themselves out there to make money."

Yeh Carl.....Who ever heard of a professional athlete doing something for money?!? HAHAHAHA 40 million cough 40 million

This was part of the following article on ESPN.COM about the Canseco book:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1991571

PS, before I get baraded by people for using Carl as an example of a greedy athlete, let me say he is at the lesser end of this spectrum.

You wouldn't take a job that was offering more money, more security, and (perhaps only perceived) better chance at success?

I don't blame Pavano for leaving. At any rate, Pavano's kinda right and kinda wrong. Breaking clubhouse confidentiality isn't cool and even though Canseco is a sack of crap, chances are that he's even telling a bit of truth.

You wouldn't take a job that was offering more money, more security, and (perhaps only perceived) better chance at success?

I don't blame Pavano for leaving. At any rate, Pavano's kinda right and kinda wrong. Breaking clubhouse confidentiality isn't cool and even though Canseco is a sack of crap, chances are that he's even telling a bit of truth.

alright, it took all of 2 minutes to get baraded like i said i would, but anyways.....you asked me if i wouldnt take a job for more security.....i definately would, but define security for a second. we are not talking about him putting food on his table for the next 50 years. Think about what 20 million dollars is. you can live off that interest and have a damn good life. it is completely carl's decision and i dont think less of him for going to the yanks, just thought the quote had some irony in it.

alright, it took all of 2 minutes to get baraded like i said i would, but anyways.....you asked me if i wouldnt take a job for more security.....i definately would, but define security for a second. we are not talking about him putting food on his table for the next 50 years. Think about what 20 million dollars is. you can live off that interest and have a damn good life. it is completely carl's decision and i dont think less of him for going to the yanks, just thought the quote had some irony in it.

685583[/snapback]

Consider yourself berated also.

:blink:

685583[/snapback]

Consider yourself berated also.

:blink:

I just can't believe someone can make up lies about people out of the clear blue just to make money. Lies that they know will stick with the person the rest of their lives and forever taint them, just to make a few bucks. Its not like Jose is going to make millions, maybe a half a mill or so. Good money, but its not like a landslide here.

I just can't believe someone can make up lies about people out of the clear blue just to make money. Lies that they know will stick with the person the rest of their lives and forever taint them, just to make a few bucks. Its not like Jose is going to make millions, maybe a half a mill or so. Good money, but its not like a landslide here.

Let me translate:

"There are certain things that belong with us ballplayers,"

(Steroids belong to ballplayers)

"It's a tight group."

(We will lie for one another)

"It's sad to see someone that desperate come throw themselves out there to make money."

(Is he referrring to to Canseco's book or players becoming so desperate to make more money that they use HGH and steroids?) :)

Oh Carl, be quiet and just pitch.

Let me translate:

"There are certain things that belong with us ballplayers,"

(Steroids belong to ballplayers)

"It's a tight group."

(We will lie for one another)

"It's sad to see someone that desperate come throw themselves out there to make money."

(Is he referrring to to Canseco's book or players becoming so desperate to make more money that they use HGH and steroids?) :)

Oh Carl, be quiet and just pitch.

685593[/snapback]

Notice how no libel suits have been brought out yet.

Perhaps there's a bit of truth to it.

:mischief2

685593[/snapback]

685593[/snapback]

685625[/snapback]

it does make you wonder....

685593[/snapback]

685625[/snapback]

it does make you wonder....

I just can't believe someone can make up lies about people out of the clear blue just to make money.? Lies that they know will stick with the person the rest of their lives and forever taint them, just to make a few bucks.? Its not like Jose is going to make millions, maybe a half a mill or so.? Good money, but its not like a landslide here.

685593[/snapback]

685625[/snapback]

The book just came out today... you think they could have a complaint ready to go and turned in already? This is a lawsuit you're talking about... takes time. We'll see if any lawsuits are filed within the next two months.

I just can't believe someone can make up lies about people out of the clear blue just to make money.? Lies that they know will stick with the person the rest of their lives and forever taint them, just to make a few bucks.? Its not like Jose is going to make millions, maybe a half a mill or so.? Good money, but its not like a landslide here.

685593[/snapback]

685625[/snapback]

The book just came out today... you think they could have a complaint ready to go and turned in already? This is a lawsuit you're talking about... takes time. We'll see if any lawsuits are filed within the next two months.

I keep hearing a quote from some old A's player/coach.... can't remember who, maybe Dave Stewart? Anyway about Canseco he basically said he couldn't stand him, but one thing he isn't is a liar.

I'm sure there's quite a bit of truth to it.

685832[/snapback]

Yeah I posted that article a couple weeks ago. We just have too many threads on this.

However, ex-A's pitcher Dave Stewart wouldn't say Canseco's accusations weren't true.

``I could never say `Josie' is a liar,'' Stewart said. ``I don't like his work ethic, and I don't like him as a teammate. But one thing I can't say about him is he's a liar.

``As far as what Josie's saying, I can't deny it or verify it. I'm not going to pretend it didn't happen because I don't know. We weren't in the same circles, but I'd have to say he definitely knows what's going on in his circle. Nobody I associated with on the team was a steroid user (among the players Stewart mentioned: Lansford, Rickey Henderson, Dave Henderson and Dennis Eckersley).

``If this is all made up, he'll suffer some serious damages. But if you're an admitted steroid user, believe me, you'd know who uses them.''

A snip from the sentinel.

link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.