Zo to sign with Heat

fauowls44

I dont think we should take him back. Wasnt it just last year or the season before when he didnt want to play here for a discount? Now he wants to come back because we are in first place and play for not to much $.

686364[/snapback]

He didn't take the discount because he was able to sign that 20 million dollar contract elsewhere, with a team that was considered the best of the east at the time. The Heat stunk at the time.

I would be surprised if this makes any significant difference. Zo can only play limited minutes, and for how long he can do that I don't know, and I don't know how much of an impact he will make on a team that already is what, 7 games clear of the field in the Eastern Conference??

(sorry to burst everybody's bubble). :(

Just seeing those names on the front line gives me chills.

686672[/snapback]

exactly.

whoever is saying it wont make a diff is a fool.

as time passes he will get stronger and play more minutes.

having Zo sub in for Shaq instead of doly in priceless.

having Zo and Shaq on the frontcourt at the same time is scary.

I think what this move does is it now lets us be up there with the big boys. We have Shaq but he doesnt cover the other teams best inside man.

Zo is a stellar defender and even though Haslem is incredibly hard working, he is not half the defender as Zo and also doesnt have the same height. (yes 2 inches does a lot)

I also hope this doesnt decrease Doleac's minutes by that much because it is always fun watching a big white guy making mid range shots and just saying to yourself...if only shaq could do that.. :p

I think what this move does is it now lets us be up there with the big boys. We have Shaq but he doesnt cover the other teams best inside man.

Zo is a stellar defender and even though Haslem is incredibly hard working, he is not half the defender as Zo and also doesnt have the same height. (yes 2 inches does a lot)

I also hope this doesnt decrease Doleac's minutes by that much because it is always fun watching a big white guy making mid range shots and just saying to yourself...if only shaq could do that.. :p

687630[/snapback]

It's not just the height. Have you seen Zo's wingspan?

We could alternate Zo and Haslem, depending on the opposing lineup (at the time). Zo could come in when they have bigger bodies on the floor. Haslem can come in against a smaller group. Basketball is a game of matchups, and with Zo--teams won't be able to exploit our small lineup anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.