March 9, 200521 yr As in a team that isn't even close to the same level as the team you've been following your whole life... teams you like to see do well but not really care if they lose Mine: NCAA - Northern Iowa MLB - Cubs NBA - Mavs NFL - None really.. I guess Indy because of Dallas Clark and Hitman Sanders
March 9, 200521 yr NCAA - No other...maybe UCF, I don't know MLB - Natties NBA - Pistons (I guess, Magic are first, bleh, the NBA Sucks) NFL - Vikes or Bears (Grossman)
March 9, 200521 yr NCAA-Florida MLB-Giants NBA-probably the Wizards right now since they have Jamison and Haywood NFL-Atlanta
March 9, 200521 yr MLB- Cleveland NBA- New Jersey only two for me. I dont even really root for anyone in NCAA or NFl i'll root for the NFL team that drafts adrian, but i don't like the sooners.
March 9, 200521 yr NCAA-Northwestern...i used to be a huge fan MLB-White Sox NBA-To hard. I guess the Suns. They are after the celts and heat. NFL- Dallas Cowboys
March 9, 200521 yr MLB-White Sox NBA-They all suck, but if forced to pick: the Wiz. NFL-Hate each other team equally NCAA-Only cheer for Elon :plain
March 9, 200521 yr MLB: Bravos 706404[/snapback] How could you? :mad 706417[/snapback] 'Cause they do things right. They get the respect points. You win your division so many years in a row, let alone finish over .500 so many years in a row, and not because they spend $200 million dollars, you get respect. Plus I have love obessions with Andruw, Marcus and Rafeal. Their jerseys are hawt. And I have always been one to believe if your team is knocked out of the playoffs then you should root for the other team in your division or conference, unless its the Jets, FSU, Cubs, Mets, or Phillies, you should never root for them. And any Manager with the name Cox gets my Cox in a bunch. :plain
March 9, 200521 yr MLB: Tie between Bravos/Astros/Tigers/Dodgers NFL: Tie between Lions/Seahawks NBA: Magic NHL: Whatever team has the most black players NCAA: Tie between UF and Colorado
March 9, 200521 yr MLB: Tie between Bravos/Astros/Tigers/Dodgers NFL: Tie between Lions/Seahawks NBA: Magic NHL: Whatever team has the most black players NCAA: Tie between UF and Colorado 706429[/snapback] They aren't really black. They are just tanned french. And how can you even like UF? Like even think about it? I have a hard time not vomiting at the sight of the football team,and your team is the one that is a real rival with them!!!!! And let me guess why you like Colorado.... they know how to treat blondes?
March 9, 200521 yr MLB: Tie between Bravos/Astros/Tigers/Dodgers NFL: Tie between Lions/Seahawks NBA: Magic NHL: Whatever team has the most black players NCAA: Tie between UF and Colorado 706429[/snapback] They aren't really black. They are just tanned french. And how can you even like UF? Like even think about it? I have a hard time not vomiting at the sight of the football team,and your team is the one that is a real rival with them!!!!! And let me guess why you like Colorado.... they know how to treat blondes? 706432[/snapback] Ummm....he can like UF because that's the athletic team that represents his school. By cheering against the school you attend, you're destroying the very ideologies that college athletics were built on you douche.
March 9, 200521 yr NCAA - Texas A&M (tOSU real close because its Pops school) MLB - Tigers NBA - 76ers NFL - Indy
March 9, 200521 yr MLB: Tie between Bravos/Astros/Tigers/Dodgers NFL: Tie between Lions/Seahawks NBA: Magic NHL: Whatever team has the most black players NCAA: Tie between UF and Colorado 706429[/snapback] They aren't really black. They are just tanned french. And how can you even like UF? Like even think about it? I have a hard time not vomiting at the sight of the football team,and your team is the one that is a real rival with them!!!!! And let me guess why you like Colorado.... they know how to treat blondes? 706432[/snapback] Ummm....he can like UF because that's the athletic team that represents his school. By cheering against the school you attend, you're destroying the very ideologies that college athletics were built on you douche. 706444[/snapback] But he is a die hard FSU fan. He will defend FSU to the grave. FSU and UF are the two biggest rivals in the state, since Miami has no rival, so its like saying the Saux are your favorite team but the Yanks are your second fave. Or more than likley, how many Michigan born and raised in D-town would go to OSU and begin to root on for the Buckeyes after growing up as a wolverine fan? shame oreo shaaaame!
March 9, 200521 yr The Sox and Yankees thing has no relevance. Pro sports is nothing like college athletics. Dmitri Young doesn't mean nearly the same thing to me as Chris Leak. Leak is a fellow Gator, and represents me everytime he goes out on the field. Affilitation with a school is the number one thing with college athletics. I don't see how you can cheer against a group of guys that are going out there working hard to represent your school, and in a greater sense, you. It doesn't make any sense.
March 9, 200521 yr The Sox and Yankees thing has no relevance. Pro sports is nothing like college athletics. Dmitri Young doesn't mean nearly the same thing to me as Chris Leak. Leak is a fellow Gator, and represents me everytime he goes out on the field. Affilitation with a school is the number one thing with college athletics. I don't see how you can cheer against a group of guys that are going out there working hard to represent your school, and in a greater sense, you. It doesn't make any sense. 706474[/snapback] Not adding to the fire...but there are lifelong Texas fans who...still root for the 'Horns. Its hard to break that bond. I considered going to UNC out of high school....and Im pretty sure I would still root for Duke. Its too hard to break lifelong passion.
March 9, 200521 yr Whatever I talked to Oreo and he cleared it up for me. He likes the Gators for Bball and Baseball. He still hates the football unis and doesn't like the team. So... I will give it to him.
March 9, 200521 yr Whatever I talked to Oreo and he cleared it up for me. He likes the Gators for Bball and Baseball. He still hates the football unis and doesn't like the team. So... I will give it to him. 706481[/snapback] Exactly.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.