Only negative about yesterday....

Hey fellow Fish fans...

Sorry if this has been posted or discussed already. But it's only been one game and I already miss Len Kasper. This new play by play guy needs to go. He will put you to sleep. Already a Dolphins and Heat season ticket holder, I may have to consider putting myself into greater debt by purchasing Marlins season tickets if I'm going to have to listen to this guy all season. It pains me that the Marlins cannot hold onto anyone in the booth. In baseball, moreso than any other sport, the announcer plays a huge role in the overall enjoyment of the game. There's a lot of downtime durng a baseball telecast and if the announcer cannot keep you interested you have a huge problem. Now I dont know where they got this guy or what his credentials are, but if yesterday was his best work...well let's hope it wasn't.

Isn't Boog available to do the TV telecasts?

Marlins fans, please help. There has to be something we can do.

I didn't hear Waltz yesterday cause I was at the game but during ST I didn't really see any problem with him. He improved each broadcast.

Also, as for Len Kasper I'm pretty sure he left because the Cubs have a national audience and it was a fantastic career move. Marlins couldn't offer that.

I didn't hear Waltz yesterday cause I was at the game but during ST I didn't really see any problem with him. He improved each broadcast.

Also, as for Len Kasper I'm pretty sure he left because the Cubs have a national audience and it was a fantastic career move. Marlins couldn't offer that.

730588[/snapback]

I dont doubt that he can do better than yesterday. But yesterday was the first time I have almost fallen asleep during a Marlins game. Just when Len had grown on me, he's gone.

What went down with Boog? Any idea?

I gave Waltz the benefit of the doubt after his ST debut.

In fact, he stinks. And Tommy can't help him.

I finally muted the TV and went to Radio.

DVH can and is helping Roxy and Roxy is responding.

Waltz is a dead fish.

Joe, where are you when we need you!

"And the Marlins are in the WIN column!"

Hey fellow Fish fans...

Sorry if this has been posted or discussed already. But it's only been one game and I already miss Len Kasper. This new play by play guy needs to go.

730586[/snapback]

you gotta give the guy some time...

Kasper sucked when he first got here too

Wheres Jo Angel?

730592[/snapback]

I think he's working for the Giants. Correct me if I'm wrong. What I do know though is that the break up with the Marlins was not amicable.

730594[/snapback]

I don't remember if Huizenga was still the owner or John ******* Henry was owner, but I remember a story right after the Matt Mantei trade happend that he came on the air and ripped the Marlins a new one. To say the least, management wasn't happend and he was fired.

That's my understanding. Maybe someone else would know better than I do.

Hey fellow Fish fans...

Sorry if this has been posted or discussed already.? But it's only been one game and I already miss Len Kasper.? This new play by play guy needs to go.?

730586[/snapback]

730597[/snapback]

Len was never boring...

The negatives might have been maybe Seabass's lack of hitting or Mota's shaky inning...but neither was a serious issue (yet).

730596[/snapback]

I can deal with Seabass's lack of hitting. I'm used to it by now. He's as streaky as a 6 year old boy's underwear. His glove though, is another story.

And yeah..I would have liked to see Mota get them 1, 2, 3, but it's early.

Waltz will get better. How can you fall asleep watching a Marlins game. Besides Tommy is there and he is the S***. But in a few weeks everyone will like Waltz.

730616[/snapback]

Thats the same question I asked myself. I put the radio on, but since I have satellite the delay sucked. Waltz was putting me to sleep. I know I'm being harsh and it's only one game. I just hope he grows on me.

Hey fellow Fish fans...

Sorry if this has been posted or discussed already. But it's only been one game and I already miss Len Kasper. This new play by play guy needs to go.

730586[/snapback]

730597[/snapback]

Len was never boring...

730602[/snapback]

All I know is that I wasnt a fan of his when he first came aboard

Boring?? Click on TBS, thats boring... The guy shows some emotion, his voice isnt bad... The first time i heard Len i thought he sounded like an alien, iwasnt used to it, but after games go by Waltz will soon turn in to the voice of the Marlins and you'll likeeihm, also when him and Hutton gain a relationship it should be alittle more interesting...

yeah, great. two analysts. just what we need. lolol help, someone give me dave obrien. we've always had a great 'farm system' all of our people graduate to national broadcasts. boog and dave are on espn, joe angel was on espn, and len is on a superstation. i ended up muting the braves guys yesterday. ::shoots self::