Who do you think your team is going to draft?

Junior

Heres my complete Bucs mock

I think we will trade Simms to Clevland for there 2nd rounder, then trade our 1st and 2nd round pick to the dolphins and take alex smith

Round 1 (2nd overall) Alex Smith QB Utah

Round 2 (from Clevland) Reggie Brown WR, GA

Round 3 Matt McCoy, OLB, San Diego St.

Round 3 (from S.D) Marion Barber III RB, Minnesota

Round 4 Evan Mathis OT

Round 5 Ronald Bartell - CB - Howard

Round 5 Jonathan Nichols K Ole Miss

Round 6 Nick Kaczur OL, Toledo

Round 7 Jesse Lumsden - RB - McMaster University (Canada)

Round 7 Dan Sheldon WR, Northern Illinois

Guest Fritz

Assuming we don't trade down:

Round 1: Alex Smith, QB, Utah

Round 3: Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU

Round 4: Jammal Brimmer, S, Oklahoma

Round 5: Ray Willis, OL, FSU

Round 7: Jared Newberry, LB, Stanford

746753[/snapback]

I hope not, that will set the franchise back a few more years. Nothing like a gimmick QB from a small school being a team's hope....I really hope for the Dolphins sake that you are wrong....

746755[/snapback]

Why is he a "gimmick" QB. This is the lamest thing I have ever heard.

Is it because he played in a primarily shotgun oriented offense or because he did not play in the SEC?

Look at the player and his talent and not his school. I am so sick of this nonsense.

He has good arm strength, good athleticism and mobility, great field awareness and is smart as hell. He wont be 21 until 2 weeks until after the draft and will have time to learn. He has lost exactly 2 games as a starter dating back to HS and is a proven winner, even domintaing at UTAH, not Oklahoma, USC or Miami but UTAH!.

He graduated from college in two years and is already in graduate classes. He is a team leader who is popular, from all reports, in the locker room. He has enough football savy to audible at the line in bad situations, where as many young QBs can not.

His negatives? He is skinny right now and maybe the sytem inflated his numbers, but gimmick QB he is not. But by your logic I guess Byron Leftwich, Ben Roethlisberger and Chad Pennington were all gimmick QBs by your logic too.

Ignorance is bliss Craig. So instead of worrying about us drafting a "gimmick" QB, why don't you worry about drafting David Terrell or Curtis Enis.

746753[/snapback]

I hope not, that will set the franchise back a few more years. Nothing like a gimmick QB from a small school being a team's hope....I really hope for the Dolphins sake that you are wrong....

746755[/snapback]

Why is he a "gimmick" QB. This is the lamest thing I have ever heard.

Is it because he played in a primarily shotgun oriented offense or because he did not play in the SEC?

Look at the player and his talent and not his school. I am so sick of this nonsense.

He has good arm strength, good athleticism and mobility, great field awareness and is smart as hell. He wont be 21 until 2 weeks until after the draft and will have time to learn. He has lost exactly 2 games as a starter dating back to HS and is a proven winner, even domintaing at UTAH, not Oklahoma, USC or Miami but UTAH!.

He graduated from college in two years and is already in graduate classes. He is a team leader who is popular, from all reports, in the locker room. He has enough football savy to audible at the line in bad situations, where as many young QBs can not.

His negatives? He is skinny right now and maybe the sytem inflated his numbers, but gimmick QB he is not. But by your logic I guess Byron Leftwich, Ben Roethlisberger and Chad Pennington were all gimmick QBs by your logic too.

Ignorance is bliss Craig. So instead of worrying about us drafting a "gimmick" QB, why don't you worry about drafting David Terrell or Curtis Enis.

747101[/snapback]

He did play in a gimic offense. Florida gimmic offense, florida qb's in the NFL well you know. But I love Alex Smith but he did play in a gimmics O.

Dolphins:We trade down to the fifth spot and draft Benson!

and as for Titans you know what I think...

747544[/snapback]

If Smith is gon, phins dont trade down to 5 because the Bucs wont want to move up.

747596[/snapback]

The Niner's seem locked on Rodgers. Cheaper and local.

747544[/snapback]

If Smith is gon, phins dont trade down to 5 because the Bucs wont want to move up.

747596[/snapback]

747601[/snapback]

I'd hardly say "locked" considering they've come out and said that they're taking the better player regardless of signability, and when it comes to "cheaper" both QB's are in a position of weakness when you consider that they could (conceivably) fall all the way to #8 if they're not taken #1 overall, so they may take less to go #1.

747544[/snapback]

747596[/snapback]

747601[/snapback]

I'd hardly say "locked" considering they've come out and said that they're taking the better player regardless of signability, and when it comes to "cheaper" both QB's are in a position of weakness when you consider that they could (conceivably) fall all the way to #8 if they're not taken #1 overall, so they may take less to go #1.

747604[/snapback]

If you watched NFL Total Access tonight they said the Niners and Smith will have a deal done within 36 hours.

He did play in a gimic offense. Florida gimmic offense, florida qb's in the NFL well you know. But I love Alex Smith but he did play in a gimmics O.

So did many successful NFL QBs. There is a difference between Danny Weurful, who is a gimmick QB and Alex Smith, who played in a gimmick offense.

So did many successful NFL QBs. There is a difference between Danny Weurful, who is a gimmick QB and Alex Smith, who played in a gimmick offense.

747647[/snapback]

Yes, Spurrier's offense is horribly gimmicky. Alex Smith has a whole lot more tools than a guy like Danny Wuerffel that will produce better results in the NFL.

747647[/snapback]

Really? Name the successful QB's?

747647[/snapback]

Really? Name the successful QB's?

748069[/snapback]

Byron Leftwich, Chad Pennington, Steve McNair and I'm fairly sure Ben Rothlisberger under Terry Hoeppner at MU was gimmicky. The jury remains out on Rex Grossman.

Now many of the gimmick offense QBs are not selected high, but the ones that are have a fairly good track record.