Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I want A.J to have his breakout season next year.

Featured Replies

If he wins 18 or more like Pavano last year you can kiss him goodbye

if he wins less than 12 we resing him, and he has his great career.

Dont get me wrong I love A.J and the Marlins, and I wont be saying this if he leads us to the title. But it will be tough seeing him go.

Marlins won't resign him unless he shows them something.

 

There's a reason they were trying to trade him for Hudson (who they were, by all indications, willing to go long-term with). If AJ wins 18 this year, there's a greater likelihood the Marlins re-sign him than if he goes 10-12. Loria was willing to pay for Hudson, for Delgado, he'll do it for AJ if AJ proves he's put himself together.

 

Honestly, if he keeps pitching like this, I wouldn't be shocked if he's locked up by the all-star break...

Hudson, Santana, and Sheets all signed extensions with their teams forgoing free agency for a while.

 

Why can't AJ do the same?

Hudson, Santana, and Sheets all signed extensions with their teams forgoing free agency for a while.

 

Why can't AJ do the same?

746046[/snapback]

 

The Satana, Hudson and Sheets signings are mixed blessings. They show the guys will stay with their teams for a price. But I am sure AJ and his agent realize that as more pitchers decide to stay with their current teams, that means there will be less quality pitchers hitting the market this winter, meaning AJ's stock is going up and up, with his performance, and with the fact that there are that many less front line starters avaliable.

The numbers being thrown around for these pitcher's are very favorable to both sides. The team avoids free agency and risk, the pitcher gets a solid deal. I believe AJ would resign for the 4/35 Sheets got.

I have no idea if he'll stay whether he is good or bad, but even if there is a 100% chance that he'll leave if he has a good year, I want him to do well...in no way do I want him to struggle just because he might stay here...This team can win now and there is never any guarantees going forward.

I just don't see AJ staying. With good or bad year

 

I hope I'm wrong

746079[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat as you. His pure stuff is so good that even with a bad year people would take a gamble on him. Then again, if he pitches great and takes us to a title, I'd feel no ill will if he left us.

I think AJ Will leave if he has a season like Pavano. He doesnt like how the Marlins treated him, but if he has injuries (knock on wood) or doesnt live up to the number Pavano put up, i think he will sign a multi year deal with us.

AJ Burnett could be re-signed by us easily. I don't see him leaving. Even if he did, it would have to be an offer that would blow him away from our price range.

I just don't see AJ staying. With good or bad year

 

I hope I'm wrong

746079[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat as you. His pure stuff is so good that even with a bad year people would take a gamble on him. Then again, if he pitches great and takes us to a title, I'd feel no ill will if he left us.

746088[/snapback]

You beat me to it. I totally agree.

Most likely AJ will be gone next year...so I just hope we can win it all again. That's what its all about- finding a way to win a championship year to year. I'll worry about next year when it comes. I hope AJ succeeds.

Lets stop worring about the offseason and just enjoy what AJB is doing for us right now, he is finally pitching and not just going up there and throwing.

Most likely AJ will be gone next year...so I just hope we can win it all again. That's what its all about- finding a way to win a championship year to year. I'll worry about next year when it comes. I hope AJ succeeds.

746392[/snapback]

With 3/5 of our rotation most likely gone next season, its something hard to ignore, especially with how great theve been.

 

With the feelings AJ has for this org, i don't see him staying and i see a big market team overwhelming him just as the Yanks did to Pavano...

you people are unbeliveble....the season hasn't even ended and ur talking about loosing him...dam why the hell are you saying this s***??? enjoy the season damn..u all are starting to remind me of that idiot piganator.....

I think AJ is gone after this year, but I think we should just enjoy the time we got with him and worry about next season in the offseason.

Most likely AJ will be gone next year...so I just hope we can win it all again. That's what its all about- finding a way to win a championship year to year. I'll worry about next year when it comes. I hope AJ succeeds.

746392[/snapback]

With 3/5 of our rotation most likely gone next season, its something hard to ignore, especially with how great theve been.

746398[/snapback]

We got plenty of guns waiting in the wings :mischief

The very thought (as opined in the headline of this thread) makes me want to vomit.

 

We live in the here and now. 2006 is a million years away. Let's ride Burnett and company as far as they will take us and be thankful he's here contributing and making the Marlins a better team.

The very thought (as opined in the headline of this thread) makes me want to vomit.

 

We live in the here and now. 2006 is a million years away. Let's ride Burnett and company as far as they will take us and be thankful he's here contributing and making the Marlins a better team.

746466[/snapback]

couldn't have said it better myself.... :thumbup :thumbup

I just don't see AJ staying. With good or bad year

 

I hope I'm wrong

746079[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat as you. His pure stuff is so good that even with a bad year people would take a gamble on him. Then again, if he pitches great and takes us to a title, I'd feel no ill will if he left us.

746088[/snapback]

You beat me to it. I totally agree.

746390[/snapback]

i agree with all of ya.

 

he's not coming back regardless of how well he does this season.

 

might as well root for him to have a cy-caliber year.

He'll take the place of Kevin Brown in the Yankee roatation next year. IMO

746634[/snapback]

Most likely, but don't sleep on Toronto. Their owner will be slinging around cash like crazy the next couple years and Toronto has a pretty sick young rotation and a few nice young hitters.

Most likely AJ will be gone next year...so I just hope we can win it all again. That's what its all about- finding a way to win a championship year to year. I'll worry about next year when it comes. I hope AJ succeeds.

746392[/snapback]

With 3/5 of our rotation most likely gone next season, its something hard to ignore, especially with how great theve been.

746398[/snapback]

We got plenty of guns waiting in the wings :mischief

746464[/snapback]

i didn't now J-Willy could pitch too

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.