May 26, 200521 yr I like Leiter, and I was happy to hear we were getting a piece of the '97 team back, but despite what he might have taught the young pitchers, he really hasn't come close to his salary. I'm curious, if someone knows how many games Al made it past 5 innings (or even made it to the 5th) please post the answer. His stuff doesn't seem there anymore. If he doesn't have it (and I am saying IF), should he consider retiring to the booth early and let someone else in to give this team a chance? It's almost June, so how much longer is Al given to turn his season around? I can understand sticking with a much younger pitcher, but in Al's case, I think age has caught up with him. It happens, unfortunately. I really would like to see Al be a big contributer to the rotation, but now I am not sure that will happen. I wonder what the front office is thinking. Jack going out there to yank him after 2.1 innings made me wonder if Trader has confidence in him at this stage. The summer months are coming, and the team needs to be firing on all cylinders. Al sputtering every 5 days will be a liability and possibly hurt the team's chances of padding out the lead in the division. I'm not disgruntled over Al yet, but someone has to make a decision soon.
May 26, 200521 yr I like Leiter, and I was happy to hear we were getting a piece of the '97 team back, but despite what he might have taught the young pitchers, he really hasn't come close to his salary. I'm curious, if someone knows how many games Al made it past 5 innings (or even made it to the 5th) please post the answer. 9 starts. Reached the 6th inning only 2 times. :plain
May 26, 200521 yr I think the Marlins are holding on to him, until Valdez comes back. Moehler will difinetly stay as a number 5, maybe 4.
May 26, 200521 yr I like Leiter, and I was happy to hear we were getting a piece of the '97 team back, but despite what he might have taught the young pitchers, he really hasn't come close to his salary. I'm curious, if someone knows how many games Al made it past 5 innings (or even made it to the 5th) please post the answer. 9 starts. Reached the 6th inning only 2 times. :plain 784055[/snapback] Wow, that bad? Maybe he needs Scooter the cartoon baseball to help him throw the cutter... :mischief2
May 26, 200521 yr I like Leiter, and I was happy to hear we were getting a piece of the '97 team back, but despite what he might have taught the young pitchers, he really hasn't come close to his salary.? I'm curious, if someone knows how many games Al made it past 5 innings (or even made it to the 5th) please post the answer. 9 starts. Reached the 6th inning only 2 times. :plain 784055[/snapback] Reminds me of Willis last year. :plain
May 26, 200521 yr Wow...thanks for the answer Hot Corner. He struggled tonight and the rain delay didn't help the situation. I hope Al proves me wrong and his next few starts are quality ones, but I think Al might be his own worst critic right now. He looks lost on the mound like he is psyching himself out. Would "an injury" be beneficial where he can pitch a game or 2 in AAA to regain some of his confidence in himself while he "rehabs"?
May 26, 200521 yr His inability to go past the 5th is the most frustrating part of watching him pitch. That 2 1/3 inning performance he gave last night just kills your bullpen. It would be funny to watch this if I didn't have to go through the same thing the past few years.
May 26, 200521 yr Crazy idea here, but why not trade Kensing and send Leiter back to the minors? 783738[/snapback] You're giving up on Kensing already? 783853[/snapback] yes the sux......bring him up when he can actually contribute to tthe team not hurt it...
May 26, 200521 yr I think the Marlins are holding on to him, until Valdez comes back. Moehler will difinetly stay as a number 5, maybe 4. 784056[/snapback] i hope your right cause this guy is terrible....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.