May 26, 200521 yr Leiter and Kensing need to pack their bags. AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :mad Tonight's game is over and I am mad. This should have been a sweep. I don't want to see Kensing out there again until he is truly ready to play with the big dogs.
May 26, 200521 yr leiter was throwing strikes, and was playing better than he had in a lot of games. He got unlucky with bloop hits and especially with the rain delay which finished him. I see this as a tryout for kensing, i think he isnt ready, he needs more work in the minors.
May 26, 200521 yr these two low lives need to go somewhere except dolphins stadium or with the marlins either another team or the minors i cant stand this crap anymore jack wat the hell are u thinking about puting kensing in it hasnt even been a year since he got killed by the cubs. :censored
May 26, 200521 yr hey man we saw it last night a member of this forum said "way to go Enc game over" something to that point in the game thread page 10 im sure he is eating crow. Let the game finish before you say its over.
May 26, 200521 yr Author Yeah, usually I say games aren't over until the end, but this game is making me sick. Nobody is hitting for us and our pitchers are giving the Phillies batting practice. It is very nice to see Lowell hitting well though. Maybe Bump will hold them off while our guys can get a rally going. I'd love to see a huge comeback tonight. It is possible.
May 26, 200521 yr The hate for Leiter on this board is just simply incredible. :lol 783657[/snapback] I like the guy, I liked the signing but this season he has been awful for the most part. It's the walks and the overall lack of control that has been very annoying.
May 26, 200521 yr The hate for Leiter on this board is just simply incredible.? :lol 783657[/snapback] I like the guy, I liked the signing but this season he has been awful for the most part. It's the walks and the overall lack of control that has been very annoying. 783664[/snapback] Problem is...Leiter has to nip at those corners and if he isn't getting the calls he'll walk the ballpark. His stuff is so deteriorated he can only rely on pinpoint control which he just hasn't had so far.
May 26, 200521 yr Author Yeah. You'd think a lefty with the pitches he has would be very successful. The walks really are what hurts him. I keep hoping he will turn himself around and have a knockout game, but it just isn't happening. It is upsetting.
May 26, 200521 yr Yeah. You'd think a lefty with the pitches he has would be very successful. The walks really are what hurts him. I keep hoping he will turn himself around and have a knockout game, but it just isn't happening. It is upsetting. 783673[/snapback] He really doesn't have plus stuff anymore at all.
May 26, 200521 yr Another crazy idea here, but why don't we try genetically fusing Kensing and Leiter and hope that together they form one decent pitcher?
May 26, 200521 yr Crazy idea here, but why not trade Kensing and send Leiter back to the minors? 783738[/snapback] Id rather send Leiter to a retirement home. :lol
May 26, 200521 yr It all goes back to his cutter being crapppppppp. It doesn't jam hitters anymore and he has to rely on nibbling to get any outs. Everyone laughed when I said he was the worst signing the Marlins made and threw his ERA around like it made the walks any better.
May 26, 200521 yr Crazy idea here, but why not trade Kensing and send Leiter back to the minors? 783738[/snapback] You're giving up on Kensing already?
May 26, 200521 yr these two low lives need to go somewhere except dolphins stadium or with the marlins either another team or the minors i cant stand this crap anymore jack wat the hell are u thinking about puting kensing in it hasnt even been a year since he got killed by the cubs. :censored 783650[/snapback] Oh yea, you'll be a fine addition to this site
May 26, 200521 yr It all goes back to his cutter being crapppppppp. It doesn't jam hitters anymore and he has to rely on nibbling to get any outs. Everyone laughed when I said he was the worst signing the Marlins made and threw his ERA around like it made the walks any better. 783843[/snapback] You're right about the first part, but the "I told you so" crap is just that...crap. Leiter was solid last season despite the walks
May 26, 200521 yr Author Shamrock, why are you bringing politics to a Florida Marlins board? You should have a Fish related signature. Sheesh.
May 26, 200521 yr Shamrock, why are you bringing politics to a Florida Marlins board? You should have a Fish related signature. Sheesh. 784012[/snapback] Actually you brought it into the discussion. OOPS!
May 26, 200521 yr Author "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinski." -Bill Clinton Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-P
May 26, 200521 yr It all goes back to his cutter being crapppppppp. It doesn't jam hitters anymore and he has to rely on nibbling to get any outs. Everyone laughed when I said he was the worst signing the Marlins made and threw his ERA around like it made the walks any better. 783843[/snapback] His ERA did make the walks more acceptable. You know, seeing as how runs are how they score in baseball.... :plain The ERA last year wasn't imagined though. He had a good ERA. If he were walking people but pitching out of trouble & not giving up a lot of hits & runs, things would be fine. Instead he's giving up walks & then getting lit up on top of it. You're right about his cutter though, it looks useless lately. Leiter is the highest paid player this season for the Marlins & with the exception of possibly Lowell, he's been the absolute worst Marlin thus far.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.