May 30, 200521 yr Are the florida marlins(and us the fans) going to get a new stadium. By the way, I came over to this message from the official marlins message board becuase :whistle it was soooo quiet. I will be posting on both.
May 30, 200521 yr Are the florida marlins(and us the fans) going to get a new stadium. By the way, I came over to this message from the official marlins message board becuase :whistle it was soooo quiet. I will be posting on both. 788747[/snapback] Click on New Stadium (where you posted) and get caught up on the "simple" answer you seek. Welcome Aboard.
May 30, 200521 yr This is an extremely complicated simple quetionthis is up in the air right now. The Marlins need 420 Mil. 390 is locked, 30 left to go. The state didn't give the money. MLBs deadline is june 9th. If we can get 30 mil from somewhere than yes. otherwise
May 30, 200521 yr June 9th is a empty dealdine that MLB is using to make people believe they have to be urgent.
May 31, 200521 yr Dade County and the Marlins have both extended the deadline to August I believe to work on the current deal. That could always be extended further.
May 31, 200521 yr On or after June 9th, don't be surprised to see MLB give the Marlins the right to openly discuss options for relocation with cities other than Miami.
May 31, 200521 yr It's probably too late now but how come the stadium can't be put in broward? It's the perfect location in between the 3 county area and there's probably a wider selection of land compared to the dump they want to put the stadium now and could have been a lot cheaper...The Orange Bowl? Honestly...way to drop the ball Broward.
May 31, 200521 yr It's probably too late now but how come the stadium can't be put in broward? It's the perfect location in between the 3 county area and there's probably a wider selection of land compared to the dump they want to put the stadium now and could have been a lot cheaper...The Orange Bowl? Honestly...way to drop the ball Broward. 789975[/snapback] It's not a question of the stadium being "put" in Broward, but more along the lines that Broward does not want the stadium. As I've stated before, I was at a meeting of the Plantation City Council attended by Commissioner Lieberman and former commissioner (now Property Appraiser) Parrish. Both of them flat out said that Broward County had no money to give for a stadium and that they were not going to go through the stadium experience again, especially after the "Rent-a-Center" fiasco/boondogle. Second, your assumption that there is a wider selection of land in Broward is erroneous. Third, did you ever see the potential Broward sites. Those were just as much of a "dump" as you consider the OB site (Broward Blvd. and I-95, Sunrise Blvd. and 441, downtown Ft. Lauderdale off of 3rd avenue and 6 street). Finally, land in Broward would be considerably more expensive than in Dade because you'd have to gather up privately owned parcels of land instead of City or County owned properties. That's why the selected site was the OB, because the City of Miami already owned the land and, hence, the City's "contribution" was LAND more than money.
May 31, 200521 yr Dade County and the Marlins have both extended the deadline to August I believe to work on the current deal. That could always be extended further. 789690[/snapback] And further and further and further......I mean how long is this gonna go for. It needs to be settled immediately.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.