Lowell Gives Me Hemorrhoids

MarlinGuru

Is Lowell All Figured Out?

While watching a gory loss against the Seattle Mariners, I couldn't help taking two quarts of Metamucil and several containers of grass every time I thought about Mike Lowell.

Lowell, a .277 career hitter, is wading through a .217 average with a flacid pair of homeruns and 20 RBIs. This so-called "slump" has been ongoing since the latter part last years season, in which he still managed to boast a career-high .293 average, and belted a modest 27 HR while driving in 85.

His apperance at the plate has been consistently inconsistent. Bad breaking balls are chased, hanging pitches are taken or fouled off, and he has a fetish for ending innings with weak pop-ups that make evengrampa look like Hank Aaron.

Lowells performance will greatly affect the performance of the Florida Marlins in the tight race for the NL East crown.

Only time will tell whether Lowell will turn things around with an offensive onslaught, or whether he'll do the unthinkable:

Pull a Pat Burrell.

Can Lowells "slump" be the beginning of a horrible season?

Lowell is giving me hemorrhoids, not Pierre. Lowell is looking like players approaching the end of their careers who look for walks rather than smacking the ball. I know he is in a slump and careful pitch selection is important, but he looks too hesitant at the plate and when he hits it hard its only warning track power. Moreover, it appears he is taking the slump on the field. The other day he missed a ground ball he usually makes (it hit his glove) and yesterday, Pat Borders hit a ground ball to him and after stepping on third for the force out, he threw to second and not to first where he would have had the old and slow Borders out by two steps. Hopefully Lowell ships up by the all star break, or else I'm afraid we will have to start platooning easely and dillon at third.

Regarding Pierre, Jack is going to have to live or die with him. He sat him down in the 9th after hitting the ball hard all day (he hit a shot to right and Sexson stole a hard grounder which would have brought in runs). Jack is shaking his confidence and I don't think that is the right way to deal with him.

isnt lowell batting something like .350 + in the last 10 games? he's slowly coming out of it. its just gonna be a longggg time before he gets his average up to the .280s.

800620[/snapback]

with that said, I have no complains about the last two games. lets see if he can keep it up

Moreover, it appears he is taking the slump on the field. The other day he missed a ground ball he usually makes (it hit his glove) and yesterday, Pat Borders hit a ground ball to him and after stepping on third for the force out, he threw to second and not to first where he would have had the old and slow Borders out by two steps.

I forgot about this play. I was blown away by that decision by Mike throw to second instead of 1st where he should of known that the batter was a slow middle aged catcher. He seems to be in a fog right now. I agree with you about Dillon.

It's frustrating as heck. Give Lowell a good solid week off to let him clear his mind.