This is why we lost:

Accord

We did have the lead if I remember correctly. We gave that lead to the bullpen if I remember correctly. If the Angels bullpen can shut us down our bullpen should be able to shut them down. In 2 games we had leads going into the later innings and gave that lead to the bullpen. And the bullpen blew both of those hold/save oppurtunities.

Juan Pierre: 0-5

Mike Lowell: 0-4

Paul Lo Duca: 0-4

Jeff Conine: 0-3

Juan Encarnacion: 0-4

When more than half your entire lineup goes a combined 0-20, you lost ballgames. Period.

Fire Bill Robinson

816080[/snapback]

Bottom line, JP is killing us. He job is the get the offense going, and he has not got the job done so far this year. He needs to be moved to the back end of the lineup until he gets it going.

We did have the lead if I remember correctly. We gave that lead to the bullpen if I remember correctly. If the Angels bullpen can shut us down our bullpen should be able to shut them down. In 2 games we had leads going into the later innings and gave that lead to the bullpen. And the bullpen blew both of those hold/save oppurtunities.

816083[/snapback]

We were really pouring on the runs tonight....

When more than half your entire lineup goes a combined 0-20, you lost ballgames. Period.

Fire Bill Robinson

816080[/snapback]

Bottom line, JP is killing us. He job is the get the offense going, and he has not got the job done so far this year. He needs to be moved to the back end of the lineup until he gets it going.

816084[/snapback]

Get Luis in the top spot...he's getting hits and if he keeps it up will be on base 2-3 times a game and will provide rbi oppurtunities as we swing around to the top of the order. Is it just me or is JP not trying to bunt as often?

816083[/snapback]

We were really pouring on the runs tonight....

816089[/snapback]

What is the job of a bullpen? What is the difference if it is 6-5 or 1-0 when you hand it over to the bullpen? Aside from the fact you wouldn't be complaining about the offense, then again you might. They are suppose to keep the lead. We gave them a lead and they blew it.

Fire Bill Robinson

816080[/snapback]

exactly man dont blame the bullpen hell only a few clubs can hold 2 run leads

When more than half your entire lineup goes a combined 0-20, you lost ballgames.? Period.

Fire Bill Robinson

816080[/snapback]

816096[/snapback]

Didn't LAA just lose a game against the Natties 1-0 the other night? You know against the Natties bullpen who was able to convert the save oppurtunity? What stopped us from winning 1-0? The pen.

Fire Bill Robinson

816080[/snapback]

816096[/snapback]

Didn't LAA just lose a game against the Natties 1-0 the other night? You know against the Natties bullpen who was able to convert the save oppurtunity? What stopped us from winning 1-0? The pen.

816100[/snapback]

Chad Cordero converted one of the most spectacular save opportunities over the past year. It was just as big as that huge save Benitez got in Philly.

816100[/snapback]

Investing in guys who have experience and were good 2+ years ago rather than great young righthanders like Cordero, Ayala and Majewski. I know you've never heard of those guys before, but they're very good.

When more than half your entire lineup goes a combined 0-20, you lost ballgames.? Period.

Fire Bill Robinson

816080[/snapback]

816096[/snapback]

816100[/snapback]

Chad Cordero converted one of the most spectacular save opportunities over the past year. It was just as big as that huge save Benitez got in Philly.

816104[/snapback]

Well it was only spectacular because of the trouble he got himself in. But still you can beat the Angels, and win games. 1-0. 1-0 is a win. And as bad as the offense might have performed today or yesterday they did give a lead to the bullpen and that is all the bullpen can ask for. Would it be nice if it was a 2,3,4 run lead? Of course, but still we gave them a lead. If I asked you before yesterday or today if you would take going into the last 2 or 3 innings up by 1 run would you say you wouldn't take that?

816100[/snapback]

Investing in guys who have experience and were good 2+ years ago rather than great young righthanders like Cordero, Ayala and Majewski. I know you've never heard of those guys before, but they're very good.

816108[/snapback]

So its the offenses problem our bullpen isn't as good as the Natties? And I know how good they are, I have mlb.tv and I have watched most of the Natties games this year because I believe in them, they have "it". Despite everyone hating on Bowden and doubting them they are a sound team. And they also prove you don't need to score more runs then you let up to be a winning team. :mischief

No, it's the front office's mistake that it's not as good as the Nats. Now we're stuck with Perisho, Riedling and Mecir's contracts while guys like Bump are sent down to open up roster spots and guys like Miadich and Messenger aren't given a chance.

The offense is just magnifying the successes and faults of the rest of the team. The starting pitcher, bullpen and their defense (not to mention Jack and his coaches's substitutions and strategies) can't allow more than 1 or 2 runs to score and win. Today they weren't allowed to let a single run score. A run here or there and we're at the top of the standings.

quicksilver, you should of joined these boards long ago, you have good points and are correct 96 % of the time, nice to know that there are poeple on these boards that know what there talking about . and dtrain fan, so your saying that we need a 3 run or more lead EVERY game so we win, cmon, ALOT of teams can keep 2 run leads and our pen should be one of them, most teams in the league can hold 2 run leads, so why shouldnt we blame our pen if they dont get the job done? they had the lead, they should of keeped the lead, end of story

Right. I am just tired of everyone seemingly putting the whole onus on the offense. Would it be nice for the offense to do better? Hell yeah. But the Natties have a much weaker offense, and perhaps not as caliber starting pitching, and probably better relief pitching, but they still scratch out wins. The offense might step up, or the pitching will. That is what makes a winning team, one part of a team can pick up their play and carry the whole team. And right now the offense hasn't really stepped up and relief pitching hasn't stepped up and its hard for starting pitchers to win the game by themselves. I just find it people blaming the offense for a game that we had a lead late is a bit foolish. Its as much the bullpen's fault if not moreso since we had a lead.

Who knows what Antonio will do once he is healthy. I won't put much weight on Spooney coming back and being heavily effective. Al is the pen does nothing if and when Valdez comes back. So right now we are pieced together as we go along and that is not good.

In 10 less save oppurtunities we have as many blown save as the Natties. I believe a key reason we are behind them.

quicksilver, you should of joined these boards long ago, you have good points and are correct 96 % of the time, nice to know that there are poeple on these boards that know what there talking about . and dtrain fan, so your saying that we need a 3 run or more lead EVERY game so we win, cmon, ALOT of teams can keep 2 run leads and our pen should be one of them, most teams in the league can hold 2 run leads, so why shouldnt we blame our pen if they dont get the job done? they had the lead, they should of keeped the lead, end of story

816130[/snapback]

He did join a long time ago...just with a different name...

The decision to rely on a strong offense, starting pitching and experienced relievers was made over the offseason.

One piece is not performing as well as we all thought, another is not as well as most thought and another is on the brink.

Very little can be done to fix all the problems now.

The decision to rely on a strong offense, starting pitching and experienced relievers was made over the offseason.

One piece is not performing as well as we all thought, another is not as well as most thought and another is on the brink.

Very little can be done to fix all the problems now.

816150[/snapback]

not now , but if we fix it lil by lil with a trade here and a trade there, then we might be able to get it going again

Guest Jack1

No, it's the front office's mistake that it's not as good as the Nats. Now we're stuck with Perisho, Riedling and Mecir's contracts while guys like Bump are sent down to open up roster spots and guys like Miadich and Messenger aren't given a chance.

The offense is just magnifying the successes and faults of the rest of the team. The starting pitcher, bullpen and their defense (not to mention Jack and his coaches's substitutions and strategies) can't allow more than 1 or 2 runs to score and win. Today they weren't allowed to let a single run score. A run here or there and we're at the top of the standings.

816125[/snapback]

Did you know that Miadich's contract was sold to the Tokyo (I think) Giants? I heard it the other night when I was listening to the Isotopes game.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

816130[/snapback]

Quicksilver, that's a heck of a percentage. How do you manage that?

816125[/snapback]

Did you know that Miadich's contract was sold to the Tokyo (I think) Giants? I heard it the other night when I was listening to the Isotopes game.

816165[/snapback]

are you s***ting me?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

816125[/snapback]

816165[/snapback]

are you s***ting me?

816169[/snapback]

maybe if he had a better k/9inning ratio we would have kept him.

816125[/snapback]

816165[/snapback]

are you s***ting me?

816169[/snapback]

maybe if he had a better k/9inning ratio we would have kept him.

816173[/snapback]

:lol