Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum lingo

Featured Replies

Okay, I have only been around here for awhile and I see a lot of different terms that I have never seen on other chat programs and forums. For example, what is "IMO"? Is that "in my opinion"? Also why does everyone write "pwned"? Is that supposed to be an 'o' with a tail? LOL. Forgive me if I sound stupid, but I have just been wondering about these things.

  • Author

It's just another way to say owned is all

 

Qwned, Pwned, Dwned, whatever

836329[/snapback]

 

So there is no special meaning or reason behind it?

i personally like ewned.

It's just another way to say owned is all

 

Qwned, Pwned, Dwned, whatever

836329[/snapback]

 

So there is no special meaning or reason behind it?

836332[/snapback]

It's a mb.com special

 

This site pwns any other baseball site

  • Author

It's just another way to say owned is all

 

Qwned, Pwned, Dwned, whatever

836329[/snapback]

 

So there is no special meaning or reason behind it?

836332[/snapback]

It's a mb.com special

 

This site pwns any other baseball site

836342[/snapback]

 

It just seems kind of strange IMO. :thumbup

pwned is internet nerd lingo.

 

when people would do online games they would hit the p instead of the o.

 

therefore, you pwned instead of o.

It's just another way to say owned is all

 

Qwned, Pwned, Dwned, whatever

836329[/snapback]

 

So there is no special meaning or reason behind it?

836332[/snapback]

It's a mb.com special

 

This site pwns any other baseball site

836342[/snapback]

 

It just seems kind of strange IMO. :thumbup

836346[/snapback]

After a while being here owned will sound like the weirdest word in the world,you'll be saying pwned like there's no tommorow

What about 0wned with a zero for shutouts? What about strikeouts? Kwned. Okay, maybe I am taking this too far.

836351[/snapback]

We don't go that far lol(unless you have to)i think the pwn started with Maverick a.k.a The Great Rampino

  • Author

I think the Kwned is pretty sweet. It would look good on a big fan sign in the crowd or on a t-shirt. Hey if American Eagle can sell t-shirts that say "1980 bikini contest" on them to kids that were not alive that year, I could sell a "Kwned" t-shirt. :)

Another MB.com special.

 

The Bradcore facial reactions!!

 

(too lazy to look for them :plain)

I said pwned in r/l once... bad experience...

836403[/snapback]

 

Haha, I can't even sound that out.

Sylvester Stallowned and Ray Barowned are solid

837278[/snapback]

 

 

 

That's good, I haven't heard of those two before.

I use pwned and w00t all the time in r/l.Of course people look at me funny, but I give them that "I'll go Chuck Norris on your arse" look, and they continue with their life.

I use pwned and w00t all the time in r/l.Of course people look at me funny, but I give them that "I'll go Chuck Norris on your arse" look, and they continue with their life.

837634[/snapback]

LOL

 

you need to also do a slow motion kick across their face

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.