Rumored fight between A-Rod and Jeter

Teal Shadow

This took place after a June 21st game against TB where Jeter throwing error in the direction of A-Rod cost them a run and the game. Well later in the clubhouse A-Rod walk by Jeter locker and said something, what happen after that was an exchange of F-bombs and it was on. the reporter who saw this was a celebrity reporter who was in clubhouse, not sports reporter

They aren't enemies.... anyone who makes an error and costs the team the game will not have many friends that night

837831[/snapback]

You're a yankees fan we can't expect you to say anything bad about your own players..I hope a-rod and jeter become the next shaq and kobe,so every yankee fan could eat crow for once in their lifetime.

Why is it that Jeter always makes lousy errors, is not considered among the best defensive SS in baseball by truly knowledgable baseball people, and yet Yankees fans get upset when people made the comment last year the he won the gold glove by default because with Arod on 3B, Garciaparra in the NL, and Omar Vizquel past his prime, there wasn't any other good defensive SS in the AL to give it to. People also pointed out that he wouldn't have had any shot in the NL who has Kahlil Green, Cesar Izturis, Alex Gonzalez (Marlins), and had Edgar Renteria. They also hate the fact many people said that with Renteria in Boston now, that he would be the gold glove champ of the AL now, or at least Orlando Cabrera now that he will be in the AL the whole year. My point is, why complain about the truth? Jeter is a decent fielder, but not a gold glover when you compare him to the other truly good defensive SS in the game. I repeat what everyone said last year, he won by default, not to mention all of the hype that he gets by playing in NY.

Guest Moneyball

Why is it that Jeter always makes lousy errors, is not considered among the best defensive SS in baseball by truly knowledgable baseball people, and yet Yankees fans get upset when people made the comment last year the he won the gold glove by default because with Arod on 3B, Garciaparra in the NL, and Omar Vizquel past his prime, there wasn't any other good defensive SS in the AL to give it to. People also pointed out that he wouldn't have had any shot in the NL who has Kahlil Green, Cesar Izturis, Alex Gonzalez (Marlins), and had Edgar Renteria. They also hate the fact many people said that with Renteria in Boston now, that he would be the gold glove champ of the AL now, or at least Orlando Cabrera now that he will be in the AL the whole year. My point is, why complain about the truth? Jeter is a decent fielder, but not a gold glover when you compare him to the other truly good defensive SS in the game. I repeat what everyone said last year, he won by default, not to mention all of the hype that he gets by playing in NY.

837853[/snapback]

That catch that he went into the stands sealed it IMO.

This Celebrity Reporter is in the clubhouse after the game and Jeter and A-Rod start going at it right in front of his eyes...

Wait...What? Have any of you seen the Yankee clubhouse after a game? You know the one filled with 500 media personnel? The one that the players run out of as soon as they get the chance?

Yes. Jeter and A-Rod sat there, waited for an hour until everyone left than grabbed their boxing gloves and started to beat the crap out of eachother with words while a Celebrity Reporter sat and watched -- WITH NO OTHER MEDIA CREDENTIAL IN THE CLUBHOUSE. Odd.

Notice how no one else has picked up the story...Hm? Only one person saw them do this? In the New York media market? Are you guys serious?

I swear you people get more stupid every day. Honestly. Please, get your Yankee Hater goggles off and put on your logic glasses - I swear, its better this way.

You're right, how dare anyone question the great yankees. Their is nothing to bash in a team that spends records amounts of money for a mediocre team.

839220[/snapback]

Check yourself - I've been the Conductor of the Yankee bash train over the past week. I'm the one who keeps saying "they aren't back" when they go on one of their winning streaks - when everyone else is saying "here we go!". And if that isn't enough for you...

This team is an absolute travesty. Heartless, gutless, overpaid. They play with zero passion and despite being paid millions of dollars they cannot even act like they care. Believe me, I've been more than grounded in reality.

BUT

You obviously have no idea what the New York media is like if you believe a story like this one. Get a clue. Stories from a rag that say A-Rod and Jeter are nearly fist fighting in the lockerroom is clearly idiocy - and if you believe it, then you sir are just that, an idiot.

837853[/snapback]

837935[/snapback]

That was the most over-rated "great play" I have ever seen. It was a simple catch and he ran into the stands.

837853[/snapback]

837935[/snapback]

That was the most over-rated "great play" I have ever seen. It was a simple catch and he ran into the stands.

839242[/snapback]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 Jeter rulz. :plain

I totally agree with your assessment--in fact I said that Pokey Reese made a tougher catch during the same series that got overlooked in the Jeter hysteria. Also if anyone saw the catch this season that everyone was drooling over, when he climbed over Cano...did anyone see where that ball landed? It would've fallen right into Cano's glove anyway. Anyway...he's overrated.

837853[/snapback]

837935[/snapback]

839242[/snapback]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 Jeter rulz. :plain

I totally agree with your assessment--in fact I said that Pokey Reese made a tougher catch during the same series that got overlooked in the Jeter hysteria. Also if anyone saw the catch this season that everyone was drooling over, when he climbed over Cano...did anyone see where that ball landed? It would've fallen right into Cano's glove anyway. Anyway...he's overrated.

840332[/snapback]

Pokey Reese is the greatet player of all time :thumbup