Send Willingham down

or move him down so he can do what he loves!

841473[/snapback]

Eh, I'd be willing to bet if you asked Willy right now if he'd rather be in the majors riding the pine like he is or starting in AAA he'd tell you be in the bigs... just a guess but I believe it.

or move him down so he can do what he loves!

841473[/snapback]

Eh, I'd be willing to bet if you asked Willy right now if he'd rather be in the majors riding the pine like he is or starting in AAA he'd tell you be in the bigs... just a guess but I believe it.

841490[/snapback]

Im not so sure... then again... :plain

Case in point...i understand Harris is the all-time leader in pinch hits but he was brought in as a defensive replacement for Enc...why wasn't Willy brought into that situation???

JACK....let the KIDS PLAY!!!

841514[/snapback]

Im not so sure it is his call

Case in point...i understand Harris is the all-time leader in pinch hits but he was brought in as a defensive replacement for Enc...why wasn't Willy brought into that situation???

841514[/snapback]

841519[/snapback]

If it isn't Jack's call then who's is it??? the manager is the one that makes the move on the field last time I checked?

Even the most pessimistic of us probably thought he'd get more playing time than this

841520[/snapback]

I think Beinfest decided to call him up and have him not play just to piss us off.

Get our hopes up, and then wactch us suffer as he's consistently the last guy off the bench.

841514[/snapback]

841519[/snapback]

If it isn't Jack's call then who's is it??? the manager is the one that makes the move on the field last time I checked?

841532[/snapback]

front office perhaps?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Here's what I don't understand. Management (not McKeon but Beinfest and Co) brings him up to the bigs, but to what end? If they want him in the Majors, then put pressure on McKeon to play him. If they don't want him here, send him down. Otherwise they're wasting the talent, and lowering his trade value, if in the end they decide not to keep him on our team but ship him elsewhere. It makes no sense. Something is definitely out of whack. Either they can't get Jack to play the team they want and are therefore completely spineless, or they make nonsensical roster moves and are completely brainless.

841514[/snapback]

841519[/snapback]

841532[/snapback]

front office perhaps?

841539[/snapback]

I have a hard time believing that. If the Front Office was consistently telling McKeon how to manage the team, I wouldn't expect him to still be managing. Heck he could've gone out in style after he got his World Championship, I doubt he would come back if he wasn't able to run the ball club the way he wants too. The guys 75 years old for God's sake.

841514[/snapback]

841519[/snapback]

841532[/snapback]

front office perhaps?

841539[/snapback]

Unless you are thinking that the FO wants him in the bigs but for the purpose of trading someone off their big league roster and have instructed Jack not to play him....but why punish the kid...what has he done....nutting but dominate the minors....I don't get it

I think the way Willingham has been used(not) is something we can all agree on. Makes no sense. Would have liked to see him instead of Lenny tonite. The only one who might be happy with the situation is Willingham. Doesn't he make like 2000 a game for just sitting on his ass. That's big money for the kid.

Mav,

I agree. Is he the /24th25th guy on the roster or just biding time until the salary dump of Enc or Conine occurs. This team is loaded with some pricy veterans. Heck, we had no choice with Olsen and he has done a fine job. Resop pitched well today.

I think the FO and coaching staff is trying to figure out if this team can actually win. With Beckett, Alfonseca, Spooney, Mota, et al being injured and Leiter's performance (or lack thereof), they have been forced to use the kids. On the field, it seems as if a different story. Should we do with them (Lowell, Pierre, Conine) like we did with Leiter?

Overall, the entire team has been inconsistent enough to question the lack of playing time for Willy, Chris or Joe. I think we have been too patient with the underperformers while at the same time, it is difficult to sit another $12m on the bench. app $20million on 4 guys who would be on the bench. Not a pretty picture for Loria and staff.

The handwriting was on the wall when Willingham didn't play in Tampa Bay.

I wish I understood what happened leading up to that series, but obviously something occurred, either in the clubhouse, or the front office, that set the course we've seen taken.

I have some theories, none of them are complete enough or make sense enough to be categorized as anything other than the ramblings of an old man.

One is that Willingham was brought up to be showcased but did something in the clubhouse that so upset Jack or one of the coaches that he refuses to play him.

Another is that Willingham was brought up to be showcased and if even moderately successful, immediately traded, but the trade fell through, leaving Jack holding the bag.

Or that Jack refuses to play him because he was shoved down his throat.

Or that bringing up Willingham was the precursor to another trade, the trade of another player on the 25 man roster that Jack could only scuttle by not letting the kid play.

I think the media knows and they are protecting someone. It is inconceivable that the beat reporters who travel with the team, who are in the lockeroom every game, don't know. I think Beradino and LeBatard know.

My guess is that it is so huge that no one wants to be the one who spills the beans. My guess, my intuition tells me the one person that the beat guys would create a cone of silence around is Mike Lowell. I don't think there is anyone else on the team that evokes that kind of loyalty.

Whatever it is, it is so serious that they are willing to put aside their carnivorous instincts to remain silent.

Everything I've said above is without a shred of evidence and should be taken as such.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Interesting theory, 2003, but I don't think Lowell would command such silence on the part of the beat guys. Wouldn't say it's out of the question (considering he is always that "unidentified source" that always gives them negative headline fodder), but I'd have to rule it out because Lowell is damn near untradeable. The Marlins won't eat any of his deal, and no team in their right mind would take the contract on; perhaps the AJ to Baltimore had Lowell as a "go along," and the O's came to their senses.