Jack is quack...

Flag Man

According to DVH last night, and mentioned in articles today, Conine was batting over 500 against starter Cory Lidle.

He didn't start. He was brought in late as a PH against a reliever.

Don't know anymore if it's possible to wake up Jack.

Let him sleep. At home.

Encarnacion is playing well, but can't play every game. We want Conine to stay "ready." Jack blew the obvious opportunity to start Conine.

Yes, we won. But, Jack's continuing lack of logic and mishandling of personnel will continue to hurt us in the long run.

What is this? When we win we can't be critical of mental errors?

That's a 3rd place NE finish mentality!

Encarnacion is playing well, but can't play every game. We want Conine to stay "ready." Jack blew the obvious opportunity to start Conine.

Yes, we won. But, Jack's continuing lack of logic and mishandling of personnel will continue to hurt us in the long run.

What is this? When we win we can't be critical of mental errors?

That's a 3rd place NE finish mentality!

858133[/snapback]

I don't neccessarily agree with you but I give you props for being consistently negative instead of oscilating between being negative only after losses and positive only after wins.

According to DVH last night, and mentioned in articles today, Conine was batting over 500 against starter Cory Lidle.

He didn't start. He was brought in late as a PH against a reliever.

Don't know anymore if it's possible to wake up Jack.

Let him sleep. At home.

858128[/snapback]

I have to say that I questioned Jack McKeon's decision too and I am one of the people that say that the Marlins need a managerial change, but it's hard to make a point like this after they win a game in which they hit very well. If they scored less than 3 runs, like they have 30 times this year, then the opportunity would be out there to critique him. What you're doing is like a GM firing a manager after a 10 game winning streak that got the team out of the basement. It's kind of questionable even though it makes sense in the long-term. It's always better to wait for a down period that you know will follow.

I'll add, I'm happy that the Marlins won, but we have seen this all year. Also, it was the Phillies. In the last 3 years, can we really think that we didn't anything special by beating the Phillies? It isn't 2001 and 2002 where beating the Phillies was something to be relieved or happy about.

Also, they did it in a hitter's park. To me, being able to display their offense in a hitter's park just supports my opinion about Jack and his "wait for the 3 run homer" mentality. It only works in hitter's parks like the ones in Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, and Colorado. We play in Dolphin's Stadium where that style of offense doesn't work. That's why we have 30 of our 88 games have resulted in less than 3 runs scored. That's about 35% of our games. The Marlins are 3-27 in those games and 42-16 in all of the others. If we score more than 2 runs in half of those games, at their pace, the Marlins record would be around 53-35; not 45-43. At their current rate, they will score less than 3 runs in 55 games this year and are on a pace to have a 6-49 record in those games and a 76-31 record in all of the others. If we score more than 2 runs in half of these games for the entire year, at their current pace, the Marlins would finish with a record of around 97-65. What a difference that would make. Isn't that what we all expected from this team in the first place?

Remember, Carlos Delgado was suppose to be an addition, "the icing on the cake," to an offense that played "small ball." He wasn't added to be a part of an offense that would change to an AL style of team. We don't even have enough sluggers for that style of play. We only have 2 legitimate 30 HR guys; for that style of play, you need a couple of other guys that WILL hit in the high 20s and maybe 1 more than can reach 30. Also, you need to be in a hitter's park.

I hope that this is considered by some of you that defend Jack so much. Do you all remember the way that the offense worked in 2003? A runner got on; stole 2B; was moved over to 3rd (with 1 out); then scored in many ways afterwards. Right now, a runner gets on and waits. We score when we get 4 hits, 4 walks, or a combination of both in an inning. Considering how rare that occurs during the course of a season, it goes to explain why 1 game the fish score 9 or more runs, then the next night they struggle to avoid getting shutout.

:banghead

Guest FishFanInPA

Flag Man....you point out all his bad decisions to which you feel are numerous....but how about all his good ones.....How about the good use of the pen last night.....how bout the win last night.....

speaking of good decisions, how about Jack telling Brian Moehler to not swing the bat with the bases loaded in the top of the 4th. Great decision! Not many good things could have happened in that situation considering he ussualy makes contact and a double play would have been a killer. So what turned out happening? JP with a single to center that scored 3 runs after an error from Lofton!