Florida's MLB Teams

PositiveHype

I'm unsure of which one I'd pick because the D-Rays have a manager that wants to be fired, but the community loves him; the Marlins have a manager that doesn't seem to want to be fired, but a great number of the community wants him out. D-Rays have no hope with the current ownership while, I'd say that this ownership is probably the best in the Marlins' history (whew, did I say that?). D-Rays have a clubhouse where the manager is unhappy, but the playershaven't showed much emotion; the Marlins have a clubhouse where the players are unhappy, but the manager hasn't showed much emotion. The manager on both teams seem to be at the center of alot of both teams' problems. There are other things.

I think that it's a tie.

The D-Rays are better off with their stadium deal.

Their ownership sucks a lot less than the Marlins, but they are on their way to getting new ownership.

Both fanbases suck.

It's pretty darn close, so I'll say equal.

I'm unsure of which one I'd pick because the D-Rays have a manager that wants to be fired, but the community loves him; the Marlins have a manager that doesn't seem to want to be fired, but a great number of the community wants him out. D-Rays have no hope with the current ownership while, I'd say that this ownership is probably the best in the Marlins' history (whew, did I say that?). D-Rays have a clubhouse where the manager is unhappy, but the playershaven't showed much emotion; the Marlins have a clubhouse where the players are unhappy, but the manager hasn't showed much emotion. The manager on both teams seem to be at the center of alot of both teams' problems. There are other things.

I think that it's a tie.

866700[/snapback]

sorry man there is nothing close about this at all....The Marlins are two-time world champions, the D-Rays have never had a winning season.....The Fish will snap out of their funk; the D-Rays will luckily snap and fire their manager :)

Yeah, are you kidding me? this is actully a question? The Marlins outsell the D-Rays. The d-rays stadium sucks (i hate domed stadiums for anything besides basketball and hockey). And their fan base is horrible. Their ownership is NOT better than the Marlins in any strech of the imagination. We arent a million games out of first place and we go into each year expecting success after 2003. The rays go into every year expecting uter failure.

On a final note the Marlins are in the NL which is a far superior league than the AL regardless of what the ASG says.

Can someone kill this post for actully comparing the Marlins to one of the biggest JOKES in baseball?

I'm unsure of which one I'd pick because the D-Rays have a manager that wants to be fired, but the community loves him; the Marlins have a manager that doesn't seem to want to be fired, but a great number of the community wants him out.

866700[/snapback]

thats because majority of the community is EXTREAMLY fickle and fairweather. This is south florida we are talking about here. We change our views on our teams as often as the weather changes here. Do not relate the south florida community (most of which couldn't careless about sports. reason why the hurricanes dont sell out and they are the winningest team this area has EVER seen) to any other sports community. and if you are, don't compare it to the tampa baseball community!

I think that it's a tie.

866700[/snapback]

I need to clarify. I'm not comparing the organizations as a whole from day 1. I'm comparing them as a whole in the last several weeks. I believe, since the Marlins 26-16 start, both teams have about the same winning percentage, give or take a few games.

Please vote in relation to the LAST SEVERAL WEEKS.

oh definetly the devil rays. they have the worst attendance in baseball i believe (i know it's a lot worse than the marlins though) they have an owner who is nuts thinks he's boss of everyone (Vince Naimoli) has had many problems with DUI and altercations with the police. the fans hate him there have been protests against him tons of stuff. they have a bad club but a lot of potential they have a great outfield Crawford (should be an all-star) Baldelli (is injured right now but if very good) Huff (can bat .300 and hit 30 homers 100 rbi's) they have bj upton and delmon young coming up through the system but they just need pitching. i think the devil rays are the team that should be moved...the marlins definetly not they are like only the 6th lowest in attendence (i think) and they've won a couple of world championships and stuff so i think the devil rays are in a MUCH bigger hole than the marlins.

At least its a 100% certainty the Rays are staying put. :whistle

Different ways to look at the question. FO/field wise, Marlins by a country mile. Stability goes to the Rays. They got their own park with a nice long lease and the 6th largest media markest in the U.S. They are not going anywhere.

At least its a 100% certainty the Rays are staying put. :whistle

Different ways to look at the question. FO/field wise, Marlins by a country mile. Stability goes to the Rays. They got their own park with a nice long lease and the 6th largest media markest in the U.S. They are not going anywhere.

866949[/snapback]

shutup. your team sucks and you are searching for reasons why it shouldnt. media market means nothing if you cant get fans in the stands. and trust me, the marlins aren't going anywhere. this stadium deal will happen soon enough they just want to make sure it isnt as ugly as tropicana field.

Good looking out , Accord. And yes, I am a big Marlins fan, my main team in fact.

I dont need to be 'making excuses' about my team(s) Id like them if they sucked, were in first place, moved, etc.

Oh, so the Marlins are waiting so the stadium isint as ugly as the Trop. Wow! Zing! that was so funny and clever. Im just sad I hadnt thought of it. And if you werent so ignorant, even though im sure you know nothing of what youre talking about sice youve never gone, youd know the Trop is a very nice place to catch a game. Tool.

Are you telling me the Marlins are getting a stadium, or are you telling yourself?

Stability goes to the Rays. They got their own park with a nice long lease and the 6th largest media markest in the U.S. They are not going anywhere.

866949[/snapback]

The St. Pete Devil Rays are stable but I would rather take the marlins situation with the football stadium that is way better then the trop in that it has a better field and way better atmosphere. I fall asleep at the trop and I love baseball. They need to get rid of that key board guy that they celebrate during the birthday thing also.

I think we need to change their name, The Tampa Bay Devil Rays of St. Petersburg.