Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alfonseca activated

Featured Replies

Speaking of Bump, my understanding is he was moved from 15 day to the 60 day disabled list.

 

That means, for all intents and purposes he's done for the season.

dont get too exited about the return.. its not like he can come into a bases juiced situation and leave em where they are...

876126[/snapback]

That's exactly what he did....

Until he can get some movement on this fastball, he might as well be pitching batting practice. In the minors you can get away with throwing past people, in the bigs he's a pigeon.

 

The best thing for him is to go down, work on making his fastball dance a little and try again next spring.

 

Vargas is still with the team for one reason, he's lefty.

876122[/snapback]

You're preaching to the choir here, man.

 

Also Vargas' ability to start is another reason why he's still with the big club.

 

 

 

Speaking of Bump, my understanding is he was moved from 15 day to the 60 day disabled list.

That means, for all intents and purposes he's done for the season.

876129[/snapback]

Not sure about that. I hope not. I think Ramp/Mav said something about him making a rehab start, but I can't find any reference to it on MiBL's site. I sent an email to Joe Frisaro and Mike Berardino to find out.

Regarding Bump's status:

 

Marlins transferred RHP Nate Bump from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list.

The Marlins said it was just inflammation in Bump's shoulder when they placed him on the DL a week ago, but it looks like they're writing him off for the rest of the season. They never really wanted him on the team anyway. Jul. 26 - 6:18 pm

 

 

- rotoworld

 

Looks like they are speculating the same thing you are, Marlins2003. I have to say, I hope both of you are wrong, though I doubt you are.

Regarding Bump's status:

 

Marlins transferred RHP Nate Bump from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list.

The Marlins said it was just inflammation in Bump's shoulder when they placed him on the DL a week ago, but it looks like they're writing him off for the rest of the season. They never really wanted him on the team anyway. Jul. 26 - 6:18 pm

 

 

- rotoworld

 

Looks like they are speculating the same thing you are, Marlins2003. I have to say, I hope both of you are wrong, though I doubt you are.

876172[/snapback]

 

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...an.jsp?c_id=fla

 

He is listed as 60-day DL on the official roster.

And may I say, you really had to be there when AA came out of the pen, and after he shut down the Pirates with the bases loaded and no one out.

 

The place was rockin', it was electric and for PPS, the noise almost deafening. It was a great moment and I look forward to more of them.

 

Did they show on tv the reception he got in the dugout? Everyone high-fiving him, hugging him, they all came out to meet him at the steps, it was just great!!!!!

876125[/snapback]

 

yep, it was good to have something to cheer about after 4 innings of groans.

 

AA was awesome.

And may I say, you really had to be there when AA came out of the pen, and after he shut down the Pirates with the bases loaded and no one out.

 

The place was rockin', it was electric and for PPS, the noise almost deafening. It was a great moment and I look forward to more of them.

 

Did they show on tv the reception he got in the dugout? Everyone high-fiving him, hugging him, they all came out to meet him at the steps,? it was just great!!!!!

876125[/snapback]

 

yep, it was good to have something to cheer about after 4 innings of groans.

 

AA was awesome.

876429[/snapback]

Am I the only one who totally misread that last sentence for a moment? I thought Hot Corner had gone dry on us.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.