Marlins Extra on WQAM Tonight at 7

CapeFish

To be fair, Jesse Agler who is the host of Marlins Extra is a decent baseball talker and I think you should give his show a chance if you haven't tuned in to his Sunday versions. Tonight's special broadcast is only 35 minutes and it leads right into Marlins On Deck.

To be fair, Jesse Agler who is the host of Marlins Extra is a decent baseball talker and I think you should give his show a chance if you haven't tuned in to his Sunday versions. Tonight's special broadcast is only 35 minutes and it leads right into Marlins On Deck.

885528[/snapback]

im sorry i should have stated that the old men late at night do not know anything. i always listen to the pregame show.

To all who have never heard the Ed Kaplan show on WQAM, it's a very good show for MLB fans. Ed Kaplan has an extremely knowledgable baseball opinion. IMO this show is the best overall radio sports talk show in the market. Better than Boog. Definitely worth listening to if you're a sports fan. Their is a gambling orientation to the show, but it's not distracting if you're not into it. Ed doesn't put up with the mindless Dolphin droning either. Very little Dolphin talk, at least until when it's appropriate. AFTER baseball season, and during football season. Baseball is Ed's favorite sport to talk about.

To all who have never heard the Ed Kaplan show on WQAM, it's a very good show for MLB fans. Ed Kaplan has an extremely knowledgable baseball opinion. IMO this show is the best overall radio sports talk show in the market. Better than Boog. Definitely worth listening to if you're a sports fan. Their is a gambling orientation to the show, but it's not distracting if you're not into it. Ed doesn't put up with the mindless Dolphin droning either. Very little Dolphin talk, at least until when it's appropriate. AFTER baseball season, and during football season. Baseball is Ed's favorite sport to talk about.

885648[/snapback]

Ed Kaplan is an idiot.

Mark Redman who?

right Das?

Ramp...something tells me that if Jesse Agler is a friend of your's, perhaps there's some conflict betwen Jesse and Ed that's skewing your opinion. He's hardly an idiot. Unlike most sports talk show hosts who have done nothing there whole life beyond sports talk he's a law school graduate, who practiced law for 10-15 years before giving it up for his true love, sports. If you're implying that Ed doesn't know who Mark Redman is, that's ludicrous. If it was possible, I'd put up $1000....have you and Ed talk about Mark Redman. My money's on Ed knowing 200% more about Mark Redman and being able to quote his stats off the top of his head better than you. Ed's knowledge of baseball stats is third only to Boog and our resident statmeister rferry. He's not a stat dork though. His interpretation of the stats is better than either. I'd like for Admin, who as a gambler has hopefully listened to Ed, to give his opinion.

If you're implying that Ed doesn't know who Mark Redman is, that's ludicrous. If it was possible, I'd put up $1000....have you and Ed talk about Mark Redman. My money's on Ed knowing 200% more about Mark Redman and being able to quote his stats off the top of his head better than you. Ed's knowledge of baseball stats is third only to Boog and our resident statmeister rferry. He's not a stat dork though. His interpretation of the stats is better than either.

885728[/snapback]

really?

well Das and I have proved Ed to be an idiot on a few occasions.... Those who listened to us back in the spring of 2003 definitely heard how he was owned. We had a good 5-10 minute chat about Mark Redman. Too bad we cant find it in the archives.

and there is no conflict between Jesse and Ed, I am just not impressed with his baseball knowledge

If you're implying that Ed doesn't know who Mark Redman is, that's ludicrous. If it was possible, I'd put up $1000....have you and Ed talk about Mark Redman. My money's on Ed knowing 200% more about Mark Redman and being able to quote his stats off the top of his head better than you. Ed's knowledge of baseball stats is third only to Boog and our resident statmeister rferry. He's not a stat dork though. His interpretation of the stats is better than either.

885728[/snapback]

really?

well Das and I have proved Ed to be an idiot on a few occasions.... Those who listened to us back in the spring of 2003 definitely heard how he was owned. We had a good 5-10 minute chat about Mark Redman. Too bad we cant find it in the archives.

and there is no conflict between Jesse and Ed, I am just not impressed with his baseball knowledge

885739[/snapback]

Really? At the risk of you being owned why don't you give it a shot tonight. Call him up for his insight and opinion on the Marlin of your choice. Just let us know beforehand so we can listen. I'd actually be rooting FOR you, as IMO Ed is too abrasive to his knowledgable callers like you. And please right that sinking ship of your's.

Cape I've change my position on QAM, after a week of being on the road 790 has been unhearable with all the Dolphin talk. All that 790 has is Boog, but QAM has really turn the corner even with those that are hated on this board

885605[/snapback]

Ed,

When you get your bread from a certain source, you will continue on that heading. Fact is Dolphins talk cost Beasley huge revenues and the Marlins contract is now worth more than the Dolphins contract ever will be. Thankfully 560 can recoup a profit because there are 162 games vs. 16 games.

BTW, weekly radio shows for the Marlins and Panthers will be staples on WQAM when those teams are in-season.

790 is gonna have a very hard time staying afloat. The Dolphins contract does not turn a profit.

Guest Moneyball

885728[/snapback]

really?

885739[/snapback]

Is it this thread?

:thumbup

885728[/snapback]

really?

885739[/snapback]

Is it this thread?

:thumbup

886019[/snapback]

well that was the thread on Das and I hating on him after Redman pitched well

there is another thread out there saying when Das and I called in

and pierre, I aint touching my sig. Im superstitious

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.