Is there a God?

rorod

It comes down to a matter of whether you're a person of faith or not. Religion cannot be proven nor can it be disproven.

896839[/snapback]

Actually, it can and I finally figured out how... three years ago. When we find a way to revive cryogenically frozen people, we will be able to ask them where they spent their 30 or so years in death. If they say they have no memory of anything, it will make you wonder... :mischief2

There are baseball gods and they hate Rich Waltz.

896531[/snapback]

And Bill Robinson.

896540[/snapback]

And soon the members of this board that damned them.

896542[/snapback]

*COUGH MarlinsFan253 COUGH*

*COUGH Wild Card COUGH*

:mischief

896574[/snapback]

I was the original Rich Waltz hater.

It comes down to a matter of whether you're a person of faith or not.? Religion cannot be proven nor can it be disproven.

896839[/snapback]

Yes.

I'm an agnostic for these reasons. You can't find evidence for or against God's existence. It's the ultimate paradox.

896882[/snapback]

in all reality everyone is agnostic as noone has completely proven Gods existance.

I dont necessarily believe in God the way religion teaches us, but I do believe there was a creator at some point in time. Knowing what I know about evolution and the time line of adaption I dont fathom how one sudden colliding of molecules (of which the origin of those is unknown) created what we live in today. Prior to the first human accounts in the bible Im beginning to believe that its all mythical like the Greek stories back in the days of Olympus. Some creative little bastard coming up with a story to explain things. If memory serves me right there isnt much detail between Adam and Eve and the first cities on earth, although I did graduate from christian school 5 years ago so I could easily be wrong. Only difference being that once someone went to the top of Mount Olympus they knew they were wrong, we on the other hand dont have that possibility.

Along the lines of the big bang, perhaps God/the creator created a different planet/galaxy from our own and then through the course of that being created he created the galaxy through which this world was created. Expanding that even further perhaps that planet/galaxy became its own demise and thus the reason why we cant find intelligent life out there.

or perhaps we're just someones science experiment, or even the offspring of someones science experiment....que x-files music then dun-dun-dun.

Its a concept we really cant grasp because or linear view on existence and time., ie the whole "If God created us then who created God and then who created that person etc etc." It also follows from the idea of space and time. I dont think our brains can grasp it just like a dogs brain cant grasp things we can. Hence the concept of faith. Incidently, God can be our only protective blanket. None of us want to believe that a child murderer who kills himself faces no retribution. Nor do we want to believe that our death is the end of it. I use God as a protective blanket all the time in times of crises.

ive been thinking and i dont think there is an answer to this question. it will be one of the greatest mysteries ever. if you dont believe a god exists that is fine, and if you do believe in God thats fine too. But the bottom line is that if GOd does or doesnt exist is not important because we cant control that. what we can control is our own actions. if we all live good lives and try to help people out on the way then when we die if there is a God ... well then your golden, and if there is no God then at least you lived a good life.

thanx for all the replys id be interested to hear more

It comes down to a matter of whether you're a person of faith or not.? Religion cannot be proven nor can it be disproven.

896839[/snapback]

Yes.

I'm an agnostic for these reasons. You can't find evidence for or against God's existence. It's the ultimate paradox.

896882[/snapback]

in all reality everyone is agnostic as noone has completely proven Gods existance.

897051[/snapback]

Very untrue. One must believe it is impossible to prove God's existance or believe their isn't enough evidence of his existance to be an agnostic. Not everyone is agnostic.

I, for one, am very strong in my Christian faith.

896839[/snapback]

Yes.

896882[/snapback]

897051[/snapback]

Very untrue. One must believe it is impossible to prove God's existance or believe their isn't enough evidence of his existance to be an agnostic. Not everyone is agnostic.

I, for one, am very strong in my Christian faith.

897451[/snapback]

Actually that's not true. Your definition of agnosticism is slightly wrong. Acgnosticism has to do with *knowledge* of the existence of a god. An agnostic cannot prove or disprove a god's existence because they have no *knowledge*, only *beliefs*. Theists cannot prove or disprove a god's existence. Neither can atheists. They can believe that one does or doesn't exist, but they don't *know*. If they say they do, they are lying. Therefore, everyone is technically an agnostic. You don't have to believe it is impossible to prove or disprove, it IS impossible whether you believe it or not.

To recap:

Agnosticism = knowledge

[A]Theism = belief

As far as I know, God never asked anyone to prove his existence, rather, God just asked for your faith.

And once again, that's what it comes down to. Whether or not you have the capacity to be a person of faith.

So what's with people trying to disprove God?

As far as I know, God never asked anyone to prove his existence, rather, God just asked for your faith.

And once again, that's what it comes down to. Whether or not you have the capacity to be a person of faith.

So what's with people trying to disprove God?

897567[/snapback]

Where is that happening? It's not possible at this moment in history.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.