May 28, 200620 yr Sorry, but Smallville has some of the most horrendous acting I've ever seen on television.
May 28, 200620 yr I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. A bit short, but it must have been difficult writing in lines for all the new characters. Magneto obviously has his powers back, erego possibly everyone gets their powers back. I don't think Prof X is dead. And I also don't think Scott is dead...They never even showed him dying. Is it me, or did Kitty look like 5 years younger than Ice Man? Juggernaut is awesome. Rebecca Romijn didn't look to bad in human form I'll tell ya! Hugh Jackman did a great job with the script he was given. I thought there were a bit too many comedic parts in some scenes, but Wolverine did his thing. Storm definitely had a MUCH larger role here than the other two. Well, considering it was basicaly her, Wolverine and Beast against everyone else, she had to. Props to Hally. All in all a great bit of action throughout the film...Could have been a HUGE success if it was about half hour longer (could have involved the peripheral characters a bit more)...but who is to say budget didn't allow it? Don't put it all on Ratner. I hope Superman bombs just so Singer gets sh*t for leaving the franchise.
May 28, 200620 yr Damn...looks like the movie is going to hit close to $100 million this weekend http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sort...06-05-26&p=.htm Going to see it on Tuesday now...little worried after the negative reviews in here
May 28, 200620 yr I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. A bit short, but it must have been difficult writing in lines for all the new characters. I hope Superman bombs just so Singer gets sh*t for leaving the franchise. I don't think it's a feature of a blockbuster to bomb. Plus, you show footage of Superman saving that plane and it's instant box-office anyways. I'm just waiting for the inundation of tv commercials I'm sure I'll get with it. On a sidenote: My friend isn't going to see it because she hates Singer, though. She's met him on a few occasions and said, "He thinks he's God's gift to Hollywood and has slept with half the males in Hollywood." :lol That being said, while I didn't think the script was any good, I also think the direction itself was just kind of piss poor. Visually I thought more could have been done with the effects and more could have been shown without them (if that makes any sense). I'm looking more forward to Jon Favreau's Iron Man (which sounds weird to say, but he's signed on to do it) than anything else Marvel has coming down the road (Hulk, Ant-Man, Ghost Rider, Captain America, Nick Fury and Thor). I hope DC also strikes while the iron's hot and gets a Green Lantern project a go, maybe a Flash, Green Arrow or Martian Manhunter movie (I only think one of those would potentially be good).
May 28, 200620 yr that Juggernaut scene was so unbelievably awesome that I would probably pay 7 dollars just to see it again. The movie was great, and we got a Snakes On A Motherf***ing Plane preview. My friend yelled out "SNAKES ON A MOTHERf***ING PLANE". It was funny.
May 28, 200620 yr I didn't get Snakes on a Plane. I got a Ghost Rider preview though. I want to see it even though I think Nic Cage is films answer to TV's David Caruso...i.e. same pose every 5 seconds and bad acting. I thought the movie was awesome, even though as an X-Men purist some of the scenes left me cringing at the horrible raping of 616 continuity. But I can live with it because some of the comics stuff just wouldnt fit believibly into a movie. Jean as the Dark Phoenix is something I can never overlook though.
May 28, 200620 yr that Juggernaut scene was so unbelievably awesome that I would probably pay 7 dollars just to see it again. The movie was great, and we got a Snakes On A Motherf***ing Plane preview. My friend yelled out "SNAKES ON A MOTHERf***ING PLANE". It was funny. Everyone in the theater laughed when they saw the title.
May 28, 200620 yr F*ck, I forgot to stay after the credits. Can someone tell me where I can find the 'teaser' scene that is shown? Thanks.
May 28, 200620 yr Saw the Snakes on a Plane preview, and the POTC 2 preview. I'm pretty excited for both. :lol
May 28, 200620 yr I stayed after the credits. Setting: A hospital-like room. Nurse walks in, patient on the bed. Patient said "Mayra", Nurse said "Xavier?". The End
May 28, 200620 yr I stayed after the credits. Setting: A hospital-like room. Nurse walks in, patient on the bed. Patient said "Mayra", Nurse said "Xavier?". The End Do you know where I can find that clip online?
May 28, 200620 yr Jean as the Dark Phoenix is something I can never overlook though. Can you explain that?
May 28, 200620 yr Jean as the Dark Phoenix is something I can never overlook though. Can you explain that? Here's the story: When "Jean Grey" ala Dark Phoenix was killed off a lot of fans were pissed about it. They complained and bewailed the fact that her character was killed when she was so popular. Chris Claremont had been looking for a reason to fix this. Turns out, in one of the stupider retcons, Kurt Busiek suggested to John Byrne a way to bring back John Byrne. John Byrne went with it and Jean Grey was brought back and turned out she wasn't, in fact, Phoenix. Goes like this, Jean Grey supposedly dies and becomes Phoenix the first time when she pilots a plane from space to earth that has holes in it to save the rest of the X-Men (in the hold of the plane). She uses her telekenetic powers to seal up the plane, but eventually, through the course of the trip her powers wane and the holes become unsealed and fire, readiation WHATEVER comes in and "kills" here. She comes back as Phoenix. Phoenix falls in love with her power, saves the universe a few times and then gets killed. Turns out the idea suggested by Busiek to Byrne was: Phoenix was never Jean Grey. Jean Grey was actually saved by the cosmic superforce Phoenix, which replaced Jean Grey and took her memories while Grey was put in a cocoon and sustained in the bay where the plane landed. Eventually the Fantastic Four found Jean Grey and lo and behold Jean Grey was NOT Phoenix.
May 28, 200620 yr Jean and the Phoenix entity actually made a deal. And the phoenix believed itself to be the one true Jean. It's one of the things, along with Jean's mind being temporarially in Emma Frost, that has led to the false thinking that Jean dies and comes back constantly. The traitor tape Bishop saw in his future also prob led to this as well. In all reality, Jean has only truly died one time, at the hands of the MagnetoXorn, and is still dead. And I liked that retcon, it actually makes perfect sense.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.