Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X-Men: The Last Stand

Featured Replies

Ian McKlellan is the man. Angel looks good, Kelsey looks fake---but good. Jean Gray--I don't follow the comics, but I'm assuming that's the Dark Phoenix you were speaking of?

 

 

 

 

 

 

And you cannot beat Hugh Jackman!!! Badass!!!

 

 

I think the story will revolve more around the Phoenix and not Dark Phoenix (I could be mistaken), but yeah that would be her. And having just finished watching the trailer for it, all I can say is :notworthy

Ian McKlellan is the man. Angel looks good, Kelsey looks fake---but good. Jean Gray--I don't follow the comics, but I'm assuming that's the Dark Phoenix you were speaking of?

 

 

 

 

 

 

And you cannot beat Hugh Jackman!!! Badass!!!

 

I dont know how real you could make a blue monster look.

The way you wrote that made me laugh and think about for a minute :D

 

I meant 'real' in terms of 'Hollywood' effects.

There are alot more characters that deserve to be there before Gambit. Havok, Cannonball, Polaris, just to name a few.

No. Gambit > *

The thing is Gambit doesn't deserve to be there over any of those 3.

 

Cannonball is an immortal, and according to some stories has a part in the final defeat of Apocalypse

 

Havok and Polaris were the first 2 NEW members after the original five, and if I am not mistaken Havok is an omega level mutant(one of the most powerful), and Polaris is also extremely powerful as well.

 

I like Gambit, but he has nothing special to offer over any of the 3 I mentioned.

Gambit is my favorite. Therefore he is the most important X-Man.

Yeah but when people ask you to name some of the most popular X-Men, they will probably mention:

 

 

Wolverine

Cyclops

Storm

Jean Grey

Gambit

Beast

Rogue

Iceman

Angel/ArchAngel

Nightcrawler

Professor X

 

 

And since those are usually the most popular, this is probably going to be the characters we see first.

Yeah but when people ask you to name some of the most popular X-Men, they will probably mention:

 

 

Wolverine

Cyclops

Storm

Jean Grey

Gambit

Beast

Rogue

Iceman

Angel/ArchAngel

Nightcrawler

Professor X

 

 

And since those are usually the most popular, this is probably going to be the characters we see first.

 

 

Maybe to the casual fan, but for die hards, Havok and Cannonball(and Polaris to a lesser extent) would be mentioned before Gambit. I have no problems with Gambit, I like the character, but in the context of the movies he doesn't belong. The movies have taken kind of a start from the beginning with a nowadays approach. Every charcter of the actual team(including Nightcrawler) has been around since at least the early 70s. Cannonball is an 80's character like Gambit but arrived before the Cajun. Plus he is one of the remaining immortals, along with Selene and Apocalypse. He could step in and take over as leader of the blue/gold team right now if needed.

 

This is the geekiest thing I have ever said, but I am glad I have at least a decent paying job now so I can re-subscribe to all the X-titles.

Yeah but when people ask you to name some of the most popular X-Men, they will probably mention:

 

 

Wolverine

Cyclops

Storm

Jean Grey

Gambit

Beast

Rogue

Iceman

Angel/ArchAngel

Nightcrawler

Professor X

 

 

And since those are usually the most popular, this is probably going to be the characters we see first.

 

 

Maybe to the casual fan, but for die hards, Havok and Cannonball(and Polaris to a lesser extent) would be mentioned before Gambit. I have no problems with Gambit, I like the character, but in the context of the movies he doesn't belong. The movies have taken kind of a start from the beginning with a nowadays approach. Every charcter of the actual team(including Nightcrawler) has been around since at least the early 70s. Cannonball is an 80's character like Gambit but arrived before the Cajun. Plus he is one of the remaining immortals, along with Selene and Apocalypse. He could step in and take over as leader of the blue/gold team right now if needed.

 

This is the geekiest thing I have ever said, but I am glad I have at least a decent paying job now so I can re-subscribe to all the X-titles.

Too bad the casual fan severely outnumbers the die hard fan.

Yeah but when people ask you to name some of the most popular X-Men, they will probably mention:

 

 

Wolverine

Cyclops

Storm

Jean Grey

Gambit

Beast

Rogue

Iceman

Angel/ArchAngel

Nightcrawler

Professor X

 

 

And since those are usually the most popular, this is probably going to be the characters we see first.

 

 

Maybe to the casual fan, but for die hards, Havok and Cannonball(and Polaris to a lesser extent) would be mentioned before Gambit. I have no problems with Gambit, I like the character, but in the context of the movies he doesn't belong. The movies have taken kind of a start from the beginning with a nowadays approach. Every charcter of the actual team(including Nightcrawler) has been around since at least the early 70s. Cannonball is an 80's character like Gambit but arrived before the Cajun. Plus he is one of the remaining immortals, along with Selene and Apocalypse. He could step in and take over as leader of the blue/gold team right now if needed.

 

This is the geekiest thing I have ever said, but I am glad I have at least a decent paying job now so I can re-subscribe to all the X-titles.

Too bad the casual fan severely outnumbers the die hard fan.

 

Bingo. Before the original X-Men movie, there were alot of fans who had read the comics before, however after the movie became successful, many people jumped on its bandwagon. X-Men isn't just for the die hard anymore..

Let's play a game...

 

 

Who is...

 

 

Row 1, Col. 2

Row 2, Col. 3

Row 3, Col. 3

Row 3, Col. 5

Row 4, Col. 1

Let's play a game...

 

 

Who is...

 

 

Row 1, Col. 2

Row 2, Col. 3

Row 3, Col. 3

Row 3, Col. 5

Row 4, Col. 1

 

Juggernaut.

 

?

 

Kitty Pride/Shadowcat

 

Pyro

 

Collossus

Let's play a game...

 

 

Who is...

 

 

Row 1, Col. 2

Row 2, Col. 3

Row 3, Col. 3

Row 3, Col. 5

Row 4, Col. 1

 

Juggernaut.

 

?

 

Kitty Pride/Shadowcat

 

Pyro

 

Collossus

What's with the question mark? And if Row 3, Col. 5 is Pyro, who is Row 2, Col. 1?

The question mark means I dont know and good point....I think R3/C5 is Toad, its just the red lighting threw me off.

 

EDIT...the one I didnt know is Callisto. I did some quick searching, thats who she is.

What does Callisto do...

 

 

And uh, I remember Kitty Pride from X2, but it doesn't look like the same girl?

What does Callisto do...

 

 

And uh, I remember Kitty Pride from X2, but it doesn't look like the same girl?

 

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/callisto.htm

 

http://www.mutanthigh.com/callisto.html

 

I am 100% certain that is Kitty Pride and I dont remember her in any of the other X-Men movies. Plus, this was a new casting and they wanted Maggie Grace before she decided against it because she was in the middle of Season 1 of Lost.

Kitty Pride passes through solid objects, no? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different character.

 

 

Well when XMen school was invaded, I remember one of the girls running through the walls to escape the police/invaders.

 

In fact, I also remember an older student morph into a body-armor suit....Might that have been Collosus?

Wasn't Cannonball one of the original early 80's New Mutants? I have a first issue of a comic book called The New Mutants and I remember a character called Cannonball who could move like a comet real fast and smash into things

Yeah it's Kitty Pride/Shadowcat & she has appeared very briefly in the first 2, but this will be the third actress who's played her. & yep Lefty, correct on both counts.

 

Juggernaut, Callisto, Shadowcat, Toad, and Collossus.

 

Collossus looks perfect by the way. Juggernaut will never be big enough but what're you gonna do? Gotta give him the helmet though. :)

Yeah it's Kitty Pride/Shadowcat & she has appeared very briefly in the first 2, but this will be the third actress who's played her. & yep Lefty, correct on both counts.

 

Juggernaut, Callisto, Shadowcat, Toad, and Collossus.

 

Collossus looks perfect by the way. Juggernaut will never be big enough but what're you gonna do? Gotta give him the helmet though. :)

 

Duh, OI just realized that's the same dude from X1(Toad), but I thought he died?

What does Callisto do...

 

 

Calisto was the leader of the mutant splinter faction living in the sewers called the Morlocks. I'm not sure of her power.

 

Bullet Tooth Tony as Juggernaut? BADASS. I wasn't pumped, all it took was for me to see that.

 

Oh, and to whomever keeps bringing up Havok, Polaris and Cannonball, NONE of those characters is that popular. Cannonball has a lame southern accent and is an idiot bumpkin, Polaris is a bootleg Magneto and Havok has the power of atomic weapons in his hands, and yet, because Polaris and Havok's powers are so powerful (IE TOO powerful), they got knocked out at the beginning of almost every battle. I like Havok, but moreso for his potential than anything they've ever done with him. The other two are straight *yawns*

 

I always preferred Nightcrawler to Beast.

This movie is going to kick ass. Colossus was my favorite mutant when I was a kid, and Juggernaut was my favorite Villain. Hopefully they do a good job with it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.