Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X-Men: The Last Stand

Featured Replies

Am I wrong in wishing they'd do a little more with some of the outfits? I know it's tough to pull off the blue & yellow spandex or something....

 

But Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, etc,... all the black leather just gets a little old. Don't get me wrong it looks fine, just doesn't seem X-Men enough.

 

Think it would look too campy to put Cyclops in blue or Rogue in green like the traditional costumes?

Am I wrong in wishing they'd do a little more with some of the outfits? I know it's tough to pull off the blue & yellow spandex or something....

 

But Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, etc,... all the black leather just gets a little old. Don't get me wrong it looks fine, just doesn't seem X-Men enough.

 

Think it would look too campy to put Cyclops in blue or Rogue in green like the traditional costumes?

 

 

Yeah I think it would. Besides if they were going to start that trend, I think they would have done it back in 2000 with the release of the first X-Men.

 

Btw those promo posters look incredible!!

Am I wrong in wishing they'd do a little more with some of the outfits? I know it's tough to pull off the blue & yellow spandex or something....

 

But Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, etc,... all the black leather just gets a little old. Don't get me wrong it looks fine, just doesn't seem X-Men enough.

 

Think it would look too campy to put Cyclops in blue or Rogue in green like the traditional costumes?

 

 

Yeah I think it would. Besides if they were going to start that trend, I think they would have done it back in 2000 with the release of the first X-Men.

 

See I'm not sure about that though... back in 2000 there hadn't been all these comic book movies out yet. I think they were worried how the first X-Men would do in theaters, so they were hesitant to make it too comic-booky and did it more mainstream. With the success of all these movies since then, I think they'd be more willing now to take some chances. You don't need to make them shiny and ridiculous looking, the colors could be more faded-out or something.... I think you could still make it work though.

 

I mean if Superman can pull it off when that movie comes out....

I thought jean is supposed to be "missing" or becoming pheonix (still not sure how you pull off that series).

 

why is she on a poster and no cyclops?

  • Author

I thought jean is supposed to be "missing" or becoming pheonix (still not sure how you pull off that series).

 

That picture of Famke Janssen on the poster has to be of her as the Phoenix.

 

I will be interested to see if Cyclops has a bigger role than he did in X2, where he disappeared for most of the movie.

 

Basically, to summarize what has become public recently, the new mutants appearing in this film are the following:

 

-Beast (Kelsey Grammer)

-Angel (Ben Foster)

-Shadowcat (Ellen Page)

-Leech (Cameron Bright)

-Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones)

-Multiple Man (Eric Dane)

-Psylocke (Mei Melan?on)

-Omega Red (Vince Murdocco)

 

Those are the biggest mutants I found in the cast list that are new.

The Rogue costume that she wore in the cartoons/comics would look really cheesy/campy. Not to mention the comic/cartoon Rogue was extremely well-endowed and she was considerably more mature looking.

 

I'm fine with the costumes as they look pretty normal and not totally ridiculous.

  • Author

Who the hell is Leech?

 

He's a kid who has the ability to render other mutants' powers useless within a certain distance of himself, according to an X-Men website I looked at.

  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the first photo of Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut...and it's not very impressive, at least to me:

 

Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut

 

 

No helmet? But, then again he looks like he's at his house or something, so maybe that's not the finished product.

 

Basically, to summarize what has become public recently, the new mutants appearing in this film are the following:

 

-Beast (Kelsey Grammer)

-Angel (Ben Foster)

-Shadowcat (Ellen Page)

-Leech (Cameron Bright)

-Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones)

-Multiple Man (Eric Dane)

-Psylocke (Mei Melan?on)

-Omega Red (Vince Murdocco)

 

Those are the biggest mutants I found in the cast list that are new.

 

 

YES! Madrox the Multiple Man rocks.

 

 

 

There's a shot of some of the Multiple Men waiting to do their thing.

You can go back one page in this thread and see the Juggernaut. He has his helmet on in that pic as well.

You can go back one page in this thread and see the Juggernaut. He has his helmet on in that pic as well.

 

 

Ah, I see the shot you're talking about. Hmmmmm, looks Gladiatorish.

 

That being said, I'll see the movies, but they still pale in comparison to the actual comics. You just don't have the time in movies to establish a lot of the stuff they do in the comics (explanations of individuals powers, love angles, who doesn't like who, minor enemies and friends, etc.). Especially the Chris Claremont run of the stuff (about a third of which comes out in a hardcover for 89 bones, soon).

 

It's a heck of a lot easier to do single character movies (Batman, Spider-Man, Superman), than team ones.

  • 2 weeks later...

'The Last Stand' -- does this mean they won't be making any more?

Thought the same thing but if it makes a ton of money they'll find a way to make a 4th probably.

True. Never say never in Hollywood.

Well they were saying that this is the last part of a trilogy, however I read that the guy who plays Pyro is signed on for a 4th movie. So you never know... :mischief

They can't stop at 3, because Gambit isn't there yet.

Is that really the kid from 'Godsend', 'Birth', 'Running Scared', etc?

 

 

He's the male version of Dakota Fanning.

They can't stop at 3, because Gambit isn't there yet.

 

Gambit sucks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.