Dontrelle

Lefty

Great season, buddy! We all know you deserved the Cy Young bid. Too bad the voters couldn't see the truth--that Carpenter had an amazing offense behind him, and Dontrelle basically led his team to a +.500 record.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Way to go, D Train! We love you!

More wins and a better ERA... what a crock of ass

As much as I agree with that, Carpenter had an amazing season, and you can't say for sure that D Train was head-and-shoulders better...I'd like to see how the voting went, at least.

Carp better not have won by too many votes

And yet here is Carpenter who had more strikeouts, a better whip, better baa.. less hits allowed in 5 more innings, less walks. What everyone wants to say is Carp had a bad September and he did but you also have to remember he had a great great year up til then.

With that said, you couldnt go wrong with either IMO.

And for those that wanna know here's the vote results..

Player, Club			1st	2nd	3rd	Points
Chris Carpenter, Cardinals	19	12	1	132
Dontrelle Willis, Marlins	11	18	3	112
Roger Clemens, Astros		2	2	24	40
Roy Oswalt, Astros				2	2
Chad Cordero, Nationals				1	1
Andy Pettitte, Astros	 			1	1

ESPN.com Headline reads..

Why cant they just give credit? Good god..

It's like Carpenter winning was a travesty or something.. Ahh.. Oh well!

D Train's exuberance and positivity is the best thing to hit baseball since......well, ever.

He is more deserving of this award--let's get that clear...Carpenter won, and I don't have a problem because he had a great year. But Willis is more deserving.

And yet here is Carpenter who had more strikeouts, a better whip, better baa.. less hits allowed in 5 more innings, less walks. What everyone wants to say is Carp had a bad September and he did but you also have to remember he had a great great year up til then.

Dontrelle had a better ERA and more wins, the most important stats. Strikeouts? Who cares. Why do you have to be a strikeout pitcher to win it? Tell that to Greg Maddux. WHIP and BAA? Neat, Dontrelle had a better ERA.

"A great year up til than"?? LOL! So you want to play that game? Take away Dontrelle's 3 straight starts in July and he has an ERA of 1.85 on the year!! So don't even try playing that game.

Starts giving up 0 ER: DTrain 10, Carp 7

Starts giving up 1 ER: DTrain 8, Carp 7

Starts giving up 2 ER: DTrain 6, Carp 5

Starts giving up 3 ER: DTrain 4, Carp 8

Starts giving up 4+: DTrain 6, Carp 6

This isnt gonna convince anyone and their feelins about Dontrelle not winning. I'd probably have been mad if Carpenter didnt..

Carpenter nabs Cy Young honors

Following a loss to Boston on June 8, Carpenter went on one of the most amazing runs baseball has seen in quite a long time. In each of his next 16 starts, Carpenter lasted at least seven innings and allowed no more than three earned runs, and the Cardinals won all 16 games. He totaled 17 straight starts without the Cardinals losing, and 18 in a row without being charged with a defeat himself.

That's pretty impressive aswell. Only I believe Greg Maddux in like the early 90s did that quality starts string..

I still say it was just an award you could have put all three names in a hat and whoever they pick wins it.

Dontrelle could have won, Clemens could have won, Carpenter could have won. I also think Pettitte had a chance.. aswell as Oswalt..

I think it would have been tough to pick personally.

Carpenter is the boring pick, Dontrelle was the sexy pick because of his legkick, his smile, and his passion but boring and ugly beat out the enjoyful and sexy pick.

I really hope Dontrelle wins next year.. It's just Carpenter had the most dominant year since 1970 from a Cardinals pitcher.. and that was Bob Gibson.. I think that tells you how excited I am about this.. even if Dontrelle would have been a great choice..

This isnt gonna convince anyone and their feelins about Dontrelle not winning. I'd probably have been mad if Carpenter didnt..

Following a loss to Boston on June 8, Carpenter went on one of the most amazing runs baseball has seen in quite a long time. In each of his next 16 starts, Carpenter lasted at least seven innings and allowed no more than three earned runs, and the Cardinals won all 16 games. He totaled 17 straight starts without the Cardinals losing, and 18 in a row without being charged with a defeat himself.

That's pretty impressive aswell. Only I believe Greg Maddux did that quality starts string..

I still say it was just an award you could have put all three names in a hat and whoever they pick wins it.

Dontrelle could have won, Clemens could have won, Carpenter could have won. I also think Pettitte had a chance.. aswell as Oswalt..

Carpenter is the boring pick, Dontrelle was the sexy pick because of his legkick, his smile, and his passion but boring and ugly beat out the enjoyful and sexy pick.

I'd say 22 wins and a 2.67 ERA is pretty sexy, if you ask me.

I wouldnt of minded if Carpenter, Clemens or D-train got the award.

The run support for willis was more then a run less then Carpenter's and he had a better era and wins. But, Carpenter's team went into the playoffs. Of course they would of anyways though.

I think both had great years and were solid players. D-train will just need to get it next year is all.

Here is a question I doubt anyone will want to ask. But, I can already imagine Dan LeRetard asking it.

Does Carpenter, the white guy, get a bonus in votes over Willis, the black pitcher?

I personally think no, more large market to small market. He took All star game starter from willis too.

That's pretty impressive aswell. Only I believe Greg Maddux did that quality starts string..

I'd say 22 wins and a 2.67 ERA is pretty sexy, if you ask me.

Correction 2.62... :mischief

Does Carpenter, the white guy, get a bonus in votes over Willis, the black pitcher?

I personally think no, more large market to small market. He took All star game starter from willis too.

I don't think either factored in here but that had nothing to do with race or market size. Tony LaRussa was the manager.