Dontrelle

Lefty

The disparity in losses really hurt him.

Half of his losses were a direct result of the bullpen completely melting down, Dontrelle's ERA and other stats clearly show this and it's the responsibility of the voters to recognize this.

What a crock of sh!t, the Cy Young award has become a dog and pony show, such sham.

But, Carpenter's team went into the playoffs. Of course they would of anyways though.

Reading what some sportswriters were saying this morning, that seems to be the reason Carp won. Its amazing how many stupid sports writers cant seperate team success from individual success. D-train should have won.

Exactly. The writers are voting for the Cy Young as if the criteria was identical to the MVP.

Crock of sh*t.

Carpenter was deserving, just as Willis was, but Carpenter was better than Willis in WHIP, K/9, BAA, OPS, among others. Willis' one extra win doesn't make up for the extra losses, and the stretch Carpenter had in the middle of the season meant more to the Cardinals pennant than his late-year stumble hurt it. Not to mention Dolphin Stadium is a very favorable pitcher's park, while Busch Staium was a slightly favorable hitter's park. Neither would have been a poor choice, but Carpenter certainly isn't the wrong one.

Carpenter was deserving, just as Willis was, but Carpenter was better than Willis in WHIP, K/9, BAA, OPS, among others. Willis' one extra win doesn't make up for the extra losses, and the stretch Carpenter had in the middle of the season meant more to the Cardinals pennant than his late-year stumble hurt it. Not to mention Dolphin Stadium is a very favorable pitcher's park, while Busch Staium was a slightly favorable hitter's park. Neither would have been a poor choice, but Carpenter certainly isn't the wrong one.

St Louis wins the NL Central with a 4 man rotation.

I'll just throw this out there. August 2nd the Cardinals played the Marlins.. It was Carpenter vs Willis.. Carpenter pitched a complete game one run 3 hitter. Dontrelle only lasted 5 innings.. He beat all the Cy Young contenders time and time again pitching toe to toe, and sometimes even better, against them..

Anyways I'm done with this. I've gave Dontrelle credit all year and continue to do so.. It's a shame one of them had to lose this..

He also only gave up one earned run and was supported by poor defense. Wasn't that Lowell's 2 error game? Thats the Cardinals fan typical excuse: Zambrano and Carpenter both pitch a complete game 1 er run performance, and even though Carpenter gave up more hits and had fewer strikeouts, because the Cardinals won the Cards fans say he outpitched Zambrano. "Cardinal Nation" really do wear the red colored glasses way too often.

I'll just throw this out there. August 2nd the Cardinals played the Marlins.. It was Carpenter vs Willis.. Carpenter pitched a complete game one run 3 hitter. Dontrelle only lasted 5 innings.. He beat all the Cy Young contenders time and time again pitching toe to toe, and sometimes even better, against them..

Anyways I'm done with this. I've gave Dontrelle credit all year and continue to do so.. It's a shame one of them had to lose this..

Oh come on! If you are going to make a case for your pitcher, do some research next time.

D Train went 5 innings, gave up 3 hits and 1 ER. The defense screwed over Dontrelle, allowing 2 unearned runs.

This is stupid reasoning. He shut out the Marlins. Congrats! Aaron Heilman shut us out with his eyes closed.

The fact is, Carpenter is pitching against the Marlins, not Dontrelle. Using 1 game of the entire year as an argument is LAME.

Enc really helped us out in that game, iirc. lol

Anyways I'm done with this.

Good, go away.

He also only gave up one earned run and was supported by poor defense. Wasn't that Lowell's 2 error game? Thats the Cardinals fan typical excuse: Zambrano and Carpenter both pitch a complete game 1 er run performance, and even though Carpenter gave up more hits and had fewer strikeouts, because the Cardinals won the Cards fans say he outpitched Zambrano. "Cardinal Nation" really do wear the red colored glasses way too often.

That's a bunch of sh*t and you very well know that.. Not all Cards fans are that way. In that game Zambrano outpitched Carpenter.. In that game.. Carpenter pitched better.. He lasted 9 innings.. I'm not wearing my red colored glasses.. That was the game he didnt have much defense behind him but also you cant deny Carpenter pitched good that night either.. Annoying.. I'll give credit where it's due and loved watching Dontrelle all year and have gave him credit all year but, I just dont like hearing how Carpenter wasnt as deserving as Dontrelle when deep down they were both very deserving and either could have won it.. It's not a travesty at all.

Oh and I know what Dontrelle did but he also didnt pitch dominant or last against that amazing offense we had led by John Gall that game..

The point is, if Dontrelle was so dominant and our lineup was so damn great like everyone says it is, how come Dontrelle could pitch only 5 innings? Was it because his defense? Let's not ignore that he was a little wild aswell.

Have a good night and hopefully Dontrelle wins next year.

Youre certainly allowed to defend Carp winning and I wouldnt call this a tragedy or anything. But you have to realize its a Marlins board and we are going to be upset that our guy didnt win. Either way, congrats to Carp.

I think D-Train was derailed b/c the fish didn't make the playoffs. The other point I would make, if D-Train didn't have that rough patch, the fish might have made the playoffs. That was the point that would have pushed me to voting for Carp. The two were equally impressive.. too bad one didn't pitch in the AL.. then they both could have won.

I'll post it again:

Starts giving up 0 ER: DTrain 10, Carp 7

Starts giving up 1 ER: DTrain 8, Carp 7

Starts giving up 2 ER: DTrain 6, Carp 5

Starts giving up 3 ER: DTrain 4, Carp 8

Starts giving up 4+ ER: DTrain 6, Carp 6

...and on the head to head matchup. Dontrelle didn't have his best game but he probably would have gone a few more innings if the defense didn't screw him out of more pitches. Not to mention, Delgado wasn't playing.

But to use a 3 H, 1 ER performance in 5 IP on the road as a main argument AGAINST DTrain is just ignorant and shows you are REACHING.

...and if peopple are voting for Cy Young in August, something is really wrong with this award.

There are some posts from a Cardinals message board:

According to this, ESPN's crew of sport editors had selected Dontrelle over Carpenter. I guess they were kinda irked that they were proved wrong by an elite player.

Carpenter is elite? Was it all those years of being complete crap in Toronto or his amazing September that makes him elite?

The right guy won this award and those who disagree can take it and shove it where the sun don't shine.

I am glad that fanbase is recognized as the "best and most knowledgeable"

And:

Carpenter did dominate the Marlins. He beat Dontrelle head to head. He deserved it. Dontrelle had a great year. If the team around him played better it may have been a different story. No sour grapes. Carpenter deserved it.

I think it is easy to see you are not a Marlin fan kid, so much as what I am guessing is a Mets or Phillies troll that comes here to piss people off.