Panthers losses with under a minute remaining

Accord

5 of the past 9 games the Panthers have lost with less than 1 minute left, 4 of the past 9 games we lost with under 10 seconds left... ridiculous.

49 seconds left vs. Philly

8 seconds left vs. Montreal

3 seconds left vs. Rangers

3 seconds left vs. Philly again

4 seconds left vs. Montreal again

Why should Luongo feel any different? He's been just as guilty as anyone during this streak. He plays well for 58 minutes but then allows a weak goal or two...you just can't have that from your "star" goalie. The winner last night was a joke, he commited WAY too early even if Koivu fanned on the initial shot, he was down before Koivu went to shoot.

I'm not blaming Roberto, but he hasn't exactly been a wall this year.

Why should Luongo feel any different? He's been just as guilty as anyone during this streak. He plays well for 58 minutes but then allows a weak goal or two...you just can't have that from your "star" goalie. The winner last night was a joke, he commited WAY too early even if Koivu fanned on the initial shot, he was down before Koivu went to shoot.

Once again, Luongo has faced far and away the most shots in the NHL, 578, Belfour is #2 on the list and he's faced almost 100 fewer shots (492).

All this while Luongo posts a .924 save percentage to Belfour's .890.

Sorry, Luongo's a wall...

Once again, Luongo has faced far and away the most shots in the NHL, 578, Belfour is #2 on the list and he's faced almost 100 fewer shots (492).

All this while Luongo posts a .924 save percentage to Belfour's .890.

Sorry, Luongo's a wall...

No, he isn't. Stats are deceptive and often don't tell the whole story...Luongo has started all but two of Florida's games this season -- the only goalie to play in more games is Mikka Kiprusoff -- and I don't exactly expect our defense to stand up to the Flames (best in the NHL -- Regehr, Leopold, Hamrlik, Warrener, Phaneuf and Ference...just stacked). Shots faced doesn't mean a whole lot...with the exception of last night and the game against the Rangers in MSG -- our defense has been fine. Our personnel is pretty bad (only reliable defenders seem to be Bouwmeester and Krajicek), but Martin's system really limits the amount of quality scoring chances despite our lack of talent.

Luongo started out the season on a tear, but has really really slowed down since. He seems to play well for most of the game -- but then allows one or two softies and Florida is just simply not good enough to have it's backbone falter. I love Luongo -- I think he's the best goalie in the NHL -- but he's been off his game and we can't succeed without Luongo being Luongo.

anyone know the status on some of these injured players?

/lazy

Nieuwendyk's skating, but he's not seemingly any closer than he was when the back issues started up.

Horton should probably be back once the team returns home.

Olesz is still meant to be out for another 2-3 weeks, but he skated for the first time the other day.

Stewart about a month.

And Mezei is done for the season with torn ACL and MCL.

anyone know the status on some of these injured players?

/lazy

Nieuwendyk's skating, but he's not seemingly any closer than he was when the back issues started up.

Horton should probably be back once the team returns home.

Olesz is still meant to be out for another 2-3 weeks, but he skated for the first time the other day.

Stewart about a month.

And Mezei is done for the season with torn ACL and MCL.

I think Nieuwy said he's targeting Saturday's game with the Islanders for his return as well...so hopefully he and Horton will be in the lineup come this weekend.

Well, all I can say is. Thank god this is happening in November, rather than down the stretch. This is recoverable.

I will also say special teams is killing it. And frankly the amount of games decided by special teams is making a mockery of the game. The games should be decided by who is the better team, not who gets the most powerplays.

this team is worthless they killed it when they traded bure and kozlov

:lol :lol :lol

Go suck on your moms left teet will ya?

Your a worthless excuse for a fan. Especially when you think Bure and Kozlov were the team. In fact Bure, not the trading of him, killed the team. We built for him instead of us and we suffered as a result.

this team is worthless they killed it when they traded bure and kozlov

:lol :lol :lol

Go suck on your moms left teet will ya?

Your a worthless excuse for a fan. Especially when you think Bure and Kozlov were the team. In fact Bure, not the trading of him, killed the team. We built for him instead of us and we suffered as a result.

Is that even a real putdown?

Especially when you think Bure and Kozlov were the team. In fact Bure, not the trading of him, killed the team. We built for him instead of us and we suffered as a result.

Just curious B4P, why do you say that? Other than trading for his brother and signing Larionov, the Panthers really didn't cater to Bure. I think the fact that he wouldn't play through injuries with the Panthers yet would play with a broken hand for team Russia in the 2002 Olympics were what did it for Keenan. I mean he was both popular and marketable to the fan-base meaning his salary wasn't so bad, and let's be honest, he was about the only thing worth watching on that team for a while.

I think trading Bure hurt the franchise more than Bure himself since all that came back was Filip Novak, a pick and Ulanov.

I'd like to hear your reasoning though, I'm interested.

I will also say special teams is killing it. And frankly the amount of games decided by special teams is making a mockery of the game. The games should be decided by who is the better team, not who gets the most powerplays.

Stop committing so many penalties then. The last 10 years of "hockey" were a joke. They didn't call anything, there was no scoring, it was clutch and grab nonsense. It led to teams with less skill winning games when they had no business doing so and it took so much excitement out of the game. What we're seeing now is real hockey, they're calling the rules in place, and sooner or later the penalties will go down because the players will adjust.

The CBJ are getting absolutely killed because our power play is brutal without Rick Nash and we commit too many penalties, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Until we learn to play the real game, we're getting what we deserve.

Stop committing so many penalties then. The last 10 years of "hockey" were a joke. They didn't call anything, there was no scoring, it was clutch and grab nonsense. It led to teams with less skill winning games when they had no business doing so and it took so much excitement out of the game. What we're seeing now is real hockey, they're calling the rules in place, and sooner or later the penalties will go down because the players will adjust.

The CBJ are getting absolutely killed because our power play is brutal without Rick Nash and we commit too many penalties, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Until we learn to play the real game, we're getting what we deserve. Except for the fact that they are calling many calls that any sane hockey referee wouldn't call.