Season Tickets...

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Curious to know...Those who have season tickets will you be renewing? Those who don't, if you were considering the purchase, do you still plan on it?

I have my tickets, as I bought them before the playoff push, and have absolutely no regrets. In no way am I letting any amount of this payroll garbage interfere with my loyalty to this team. Even if I sit alone day in and day out, during the hot grueling days of summer, a solitary figure in a sea of orange seats, wearing a jersey and waving a threadbare pennant, I will still go. This is it. These are the times that test the mettle of our fanbase. We cry and we bitch and we moan that nobody respects us, that they belittle our loyalty. But we have more character than a Yankees fan. And though we have less history than Red Sox, our fans have endured their trials, and those of us who care have been there and will be there come hell or highwater. I'm stubborn and I'm not letting go of this team.

Before the season ended, I downgraded from the 41 game flex plan to the 20 game Saturday plan. I only had to put down one $700 deposit though and my seats aren't locked in, i'm pretty pissed they won't let me sit in the infield box unless I buy a full season plan.

Also, i'm going to be gone the second half of summer and beyond.

I also bought mine before the play-off push. I never stopped going before and that won't change. As much as I hate what's happening I'm still grateful to have the Marlins. Nevertheless, I just don't like the way they went about it - having to renew early and raising prices again given what's happening now. Personally, I would still have renewed if I had known all this but the point is, that should be the fan's decision to make. In some people's eyes next year's team may not be worth whatever financial sacrifice they have to make. I may not agree with them but it's their right. If you really love baseball you'll still want to go but a lot of people will think going to watch another rebuilding isn't fun or worth the investment.

Curious to know...Those who have season tickets will you be renewing? Those who don't, if you were considering the purchase, do you still plan on it?

I have my tickets, as I bought them before the playoff push, and have absolutely no regrets. In no way am I letting any amount of this payroll garbage interfere with my loyalty to this team. Even if I sit alone day in and day out, during the hot grueling days of summer, a solitary figure in a sea of orange seats, wearing a jersey and waving a threadbare pennant, I will still go. This is it. These are the times that test the mettle of our fanbase. We cry and we bitch and we moan that nobody respects us, that they belittle our loyalty. But we have more character than a Yankees fan. And though we have less history than Red Sox, our fans have endured their trials, and those of us who care have been there and will be there come hell or highwater. I'm stubborn and I'm not letting go of this team.

Well said man.. I was renweing even if the Marlins didnt have the whole postseason thing. Like you said I will be there laying down on those HOT orange seats with my BLACK jesey. SCREAMING my lungs out.. Whever this team goes I will go... I will be there day in and day out (I have the 41 game plan- But also order some extra vouchers, I usally go to 55-60) games a year.. Almost the full season! GO FISH!!