the niner

legacyofCangelosi

A saw on Rotoworld today that the Marlins are prepared to offer him $1M for 1 year. It's not clear whether Conine would be interested though.

I am sure he can do better than that salary on the open market as a 4th OFer, 1B for a contender... it's probably a matter if he wants to stay at home and lose, or go somewhere else and potentially win...

A saw on Rotoworld today that the Marlins are prepared to offer him $1M for 1 year. It's not clear whether Conine would be interested though.

I am sure he can do better than that salary on the open market as a 4th OFer, 1B for a contender... it's probably a matter if he wants to stay at home and lose, or go somewhere else and potentially win...

Given that he just opened his restaurant last year he may very well decide to stay.

What was Conine paid last year? Ever since his contract was resructured in August 2003, no two contract sites have agreed on his salary.

He was paid $3M the past two years.

See... I'm not sure that's true. And I know it's not true if they're just offering him $1M. He can't take more than a 20% pay cut (before May 1st) from us.

What was Conine paid last year? Ever since his contract was resructured in August 2003, no two contract sites have agreed on his salary.

He was paid $3M the past two years.

See... I'm not sure that's true. And I know it's not true if they're just offering him $1M. He can't take more than a 20% pay cut (before May 1st) from us.

I hear you and I'm not sure how they could offer him $1M. I've had that salary in my Excel spreadsheet since the deal was first reported in '03.