Hmm.. Will The Bleeding Ever Stop?

Everyday I wake up to seeing another Marlin gone.. Does anyone know when they will stop trading away good players and acquire some that might actually play in the major leagues next season? I am already sick to my stomach at seeing players like Luis Castillo, Josh Beckett, Mike Lowell, and others who have been in a Marlin uniform for so long... When, if at all, will the bleeding stop??

Everyday I wake up to seeing another Marlin gone.. Does anyone know when they will stop trading away good players and acquire some that might actually play in the major leagues next season? I am already sick to my stomach at seeing players like Luis Castillo, Josh Beckett, Mike Lowell, and others who have been in a Marlin uniform for so long... When, if at all, will the bleeding stop??

Pierre and Villone are the only two left to be traded as part of the firesale. After that, hopefully we'll trade some pitching prospects for position spects.

dude, the trading wont stop until everyone is gone. i keep saying willis and cabrera will be gone after next season but I wouldn't be suprised if they were gone during the winter meetings.

They are both grossly underpaid under their current contracts and have the potential to be stars for the next decade. The marlins will not be able to offer them competitive salaries. Don't prolong the inevitable, let them go now. I would hate to see two talents like that go to waste on a club that wont be competitive next year.

Yeah, call me cynical and pessamistic. But how many of you really think cabrera OR willis will have a long term deal w/ the marlins when the time is due? Now I'm basing my argument on the fact that they are up for arbitration after this season. If that is not true and they can still play under their current contract for the '06 and '07 seasons then maybe we shouldnt trade them just yet. However, if you take into account Cabrera's recent attitude w/ the septermber slide and the fact that he may continue that if the club is not competitive, hey may become a locker room cancer and might still be traded prematurely.

dude, the trading wont stop until everyone is gone. i keep saying willis and cabrera will be gone after next season but I wouldn't be suprised if they were gone during the winter meetings.

They are both grossly underpaid under their current contracts and have the potential to be stars for the next decade. The marlins will not be able to offer them competitive salaries. Don't prolong the inevitable, let them go now. I would hate to see two talents like that go to waste on a club that wont be competitive next year.

Yeah, call me cynical and pessamistic. But how many of you really think cabrera OR willis will have a long term deal w/ the marlins when the time is due? Now I'm basing my argument on the fact that they are up for arbitration after this season. If that is not true and they can still play under their current contract for the '06 and '07 seasons then maybe we shouldnt trade them just yet. However, if you take into account Cabrera's recent attitude w/ the septermber slide and the fact that he may continue that if the club is not competitive, hey may become a locker room cancer and might still be traded prematurely.

why do I have a problem with this post?

a) they're not making a lot of money NOW why trade them NOW

b)cabrera isn't eligible for arby until after '06

c)by the time their payday comes, we'll either have a new stadium or be in a new city so there will be a steady stream of revenue flowing that can be used to sign them

d) pess"a"mistic is spelled with an I

True, but can Cabrera's and Willis's stocks get any higher than they are now? What are the odds that they have better seasons next year? I don't want to trade them, but you couldn't possibly get much more value for them than you could now. Having said that, this franchise would be giving up entirely on the So. Florida market if it were to do this. If they trade Willis, that team becomes my new favorite team.

so pierre is gone now.. we will really see if they stop trading away players now.. by the way, does anyone who we have traded for that might actually make the majors next season? or am I gonna have to go the all the FSL League games to check em out....

Mitre, from the Pierre deal, is a basic lock. He already has experience in parts of 3 seasons, including extended action last year.

Petit, from the Delgado trade, is also a possibility--although I'd like to see him get more time in the minors.

Anibal Sanchez, from the Beckett trade, could see the rotation, depending on his ST success. Although, like Petit, I'd like to see him with more time.

Hanley Ramirez, from the Beckett trade, will be our starting Short Stop.

If I missed anyone, just chime in.

is it pathetic that i cant name any of our starters besides, RF: Hermida SS: Ramirez, 3B: Cabs, and Ace: DTRAIN. i mean last year i could do it forwards and backwards, drunk and sober. now i have to smack my head agasint the table about 5 times just to figure out the other peoples names let alone their positions.

is it pathetic that i cant name any of our starters besides, RF: Hermida SS: Ramirez, 3B: Cabs, and Ace: DTRAIN. i mean last year i could do it forwards and backwards, drunk and sober. now i have to smack my head agasint the table about 5 times just to figure out the other peoples names let alone their positions.

It'll take some getting used to, but once you see the talent we have, it might ease the pain a bit, methinks. And surely you know who Josh Willingham is, no?