Put on ESPN now! Marlins talk on PTI about raising ticket prices

Accord

The ticket prices will probably keep on climbing until they meet the MLB average.

I hate it how they always play this card. If what you're interested in is growing your fanbase, you need to provide incentives to bring them to the stadium. If they wanted to keep this franchise here, they wouldn't be milking the few fans they have left after every PR disaster they make.

The ticket prices will probably keep on climbing until they meet the MLB average.

Apples to oranges.

The Marlins can't keep billing themselves as affordable when they try to build a fan-base by raising to the MLB average (which is inflated anyway by the astronomical price the Yankees, Mets and Red Sox charge)...

Apples to oranges.

The Marlins can't keep billing themselves as affordable when they try to build a fan-base by raising to the MLB average (which is inflated anyway by the astronomical price the Yankees, Mets and Red Sox charge)...

Not to mention they are the most expensive team of minor leaguers to watch.

Wilbon said he thinks they raised ticket prices on purpose so NOBODY shows up just to give the team more justification for leaving town.

HELLLLLLOOOOO what else could be the purpose of such a BOLD and OBVIOUS move?

F-U Loria and Company....You'd think I would of gotten a hint when the team was Destroyed...but this here is Unrealistic!!! :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

I hate it how they always play this card. If what you're interested in is growing your fanbase, you need to provide incentives to bring them to the stadium. If they wanted to keep this franchise here, they wouldn't be milking the few fans they have left after every PR disaster they make.

I guess winning a World Series and being in three straight pennant races isn't enough incentive. South Florida is much wealthier than some other fan bases, so I don't know what's up with all of these excuses. Deal with it.

I guess winning a World Series and being in three straight pennant races isn't enough incentive. South Florida is much wealthier than some other fan bases, so I don't know what's up with all of these excuses. Deal with it.

Sure thing Mr Philadelphia, PA.

teams typically raise ticket prices every year. How much are they going up? If they were going up a lot it might be a big deal...

Depends where you're sitting, mine are going up 20% (but that's due to the MVP price level being added, too), and that's season ticket price, walkup will be even more.

Still, I understand that for the quality of seat I'm below the league average, however, I know that said seat will also not allow me to see league average talent. It's all relative, and well, the Marlins aren't exactly making friends by doing this...

teams typically raise ticket prices every year.

There we go again. If everybody jumped off a bridge does that mean we have to do it too?

I don't see anybody else having firesales, so why should we?

You just contradicted yourself.