World Cup 2006 Draw

JetsMania

its on espn.com right now.

Dates are June 12 vs Czech Rep, June 17 vs italy and june 22 vs ghana.

Against Italy they are playing at Kaiserslautern, which is about 20 miles south west of Frankfurt. It also happens to be where we have a Military base of 40,000 so maybe their will be alot of US fans

Doesn't look that bad. The Czechs are the team no one wants to play, but Italy is one of the weaker #1's. Don't know much about Ghana though I think what they do is rather up in the air. Good chance of advancing though they'll have to play well against the Czechs.

What's El Grupo De La Muerte this time around?

EDIT: Looks like it's either ours or Group C (Argentina-Holland-Ivory Coast-Serbia & Montenegro), depending on your point of view. None of the groups look that off this Cup.

f***

Looks like a draw against either Italy or Czech is gonna have to happen. The Czechs are the team that worries me the most - I like the chances versus Italy alot better.

The again, Portugal was a big worry heading into '02, so we'll see what happens. I do think the Czechs, who are top 5 in the world right now, are going to be the toughest team the U.S. faces. They've got their work cut out for them.

Of course, a victory against Ghana is a must. Prefarably a large victory as who advances could come down to goal differential.

Italy has never lost to the US in their history, even though we tend to under achieve so a bad outing wouldn't surprise me. We usually struggle in the easy groups, lets see if ow that we have a tough group we can finally play up to our potential. Watch out for Toni, I predict he scores vs the US!

Can someone post the fixings?

Are you sure Italy is the #1? I though Czech's were it, indication was that Italy wasn't going to get it...but I read something about a last minute change so maybe you're right.

I can't wait. I love World Cup soccer. And I will actually be able to watch it as I will be down here.

US does have a tough draw with this group. The Italian team has kinda sucked of late but they are always a challenge. The Czech team looks good from what I hear on this site and others. And of course, Ghana could be the next Senegal. Probably not though.

Are you sure Italy is the #1? I though Czech's were it, indication was that Italy wasn't going to get it...but I read something about a last minute change so maybe you're right.

Italy is the #1. This is the first appearance for the Czech Republic in the WC (Czechoslovakia made it in 1990), unless they made it in '94, which I highly doubt. I know for a fact they didn't make it in '98 or '02. Since past history is such a crucial part of seeding, the Czechs couldn't get a #1 because of their past, which is similar to why the Netherlands and, to a lesser extent, the U.S. aren't #1 seeds.

Czech Republic are a good underdog, but they are not a great team by any means. Italy SHOULD beat all three (although I always worry about african teams, they are always tough). USA has a chance of making it, but it will be tough for them.

I can't wait...I just finished making a table with all the matches, I always do this little thing with the family to see who picks the most games correctly (win, draw, or loss). This year its going to be tough to pick, but Italy win across the table is set in stone.

Oh, I see why I was mistaken with the Czech Republic. They will be #1 seed for Euro 2008, and Italy won't.

Czech Republic are a good underdog, but they are not a great team by any means. Italy SHOULD beat all three (although I always worry about african teams, they are always tough). USA has a chance of making it, but it will be tough for them.

I can't wait...I just finished making a table with all the matches, I always do this little thing with the family to see who picks the most games correctly (win, draw, or loss). This year its going to be tough to pick, but Italy win across the table is set in stone.

Oh, I see why I was mistaken with the Czech Republic. They will be #1 seed for Euro 2008, and Italy won't.

Czech team was outstanding at Euro 2004, only an injury to Nedved stopped them winning the whole thing. Italy are a poor side at the moment, and had a relatively easy group in qualification. US are always good to watch, Ghana are a mystery, but wouldn't underestimate any African team.