Our bullpen

Guest markotsay7

Guest markotsay7

Marlins: Last season the Marlins struck gold in closer Todd Jones. Can Joe Borowski follow suit?

The 34-year-old Borowski, who spent last season with Tampa Bay, is the most seasoned closing option on what promises to be an extremely inexperienced relief corps.

Travis Bowyer, a hard-thrower who has 9 2/3 innings of big-league experience, Randy Messenger, Chris Resop and Logan Kensing are other closing options. Veteran Kerry Ligtenberg, who signed a Minor League contract with an invitation to Spring Training, has back end of the bullpen experience.

Nate Bump will contribute in the middle innings. Taylor Tankersley, a converted starter and the club's first-round pick in 2004, is moving into the bullpen.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I hope Tank isn't in the bigs...

I have been waiting for Tank Tankersleys arrival ever since we drafted the guy, he is a lefty and from what I heard he was already polished right from the draft. I believe he came from a certain college, not going to get into that, but the guy is awesome, and am glad we drafted him, hope I get to see him the first game of the season, all this talk, now I want to see our guys in action!!

I am not worried one bit about our bullpen in the near future, as of right now am just worried about whether they develope or not. We can most likely groom some of the guys that don't make the rotation right from the bullpen just like the Cardinals did with Matt Morris at the start of his still YOUNG career. Expect some good things to happen, and lots of flexibility to show in the near future with the pitching this team has put together.

Guest markotsay7

I am not worried one bit about our bullpen in the near future, as of right now am just worried about whether they develope or not. We can most likely groom some of the guys that don't make the rotation right from the bullpen just like the Cardinals did with Matt Morris at the start of his still YOUNG career. Expect some good things to happen, and lots of flexibility to show in the near future with the pitching this team has put together.

Matt Morris started the first 50 games of his career. He missed all of 1999 when he had Tommy John surgery, rehabbed, and the Cardinals eased him back into things in the bullpen in 2000.

Because he has talent and feels more comfortable in the bullpen? (Not that I don't have my concerns with groundball pitchers in relief roles)

I guess that we can share those concerns.

:lol at "ground balls." I actually liked that part because the problem has been that at the MLB level, his pitches have become groundballs after they have been hit well and far into the stands.

Guest markotsay7

LOL, omg, remember that start from Logan Kensing in the year 2004 against the Cubs?

I remember him lasting two innings and giving up 2 homers. How many hits and runs did he give up?

LOL, omg, remember that start from Logan Kensing in the year 2004 against the Cubs?

I do. The hurricanes came and we needed another starter. He was deemed our only healthy pitching prospect who could handle the stress. His season was over and had been for a week. But we needed a start so so we called him back to start. He had no control on his fastball and failed. He never pitched well in that trial. Though next season he pitched as well as he ever had.