I think the rotation will be

1 Dtrain

2 Moehler

3 Vargas

4 Mitre

5 Nolasco

the Pen

CL Bowyer

SU Resop(I'm thinkin a great spring gets him in the bigs)

7thSU Borowski

and the rest of the pen will be shuffled through AAA and MLB maybe Petit in mid June can take over the spot starting job and hopefully Sanchez is the 7th inning guy I think Gaby needs at least 3/4 a year in AA until he has any cahnce of not getting eaten alive.

1 Dtrain

2 Moehler

3 Vargas

4 Mitre

5 Nolasco

the Pen

CL Bowyer

and the rest of the pen will be shuffled through AAA and MLB maybe Petit in mid June can take over the spot starting job and hopefully Sanchez is the 7th inning guy I think Gaby needs at least 3/4 a year in AAA until he has any cahnce of not getting eaten alive.

Here's a novel idea...how 'bout we wait and see how they pitch before we start making any ridiculous predictions???

:mischief2

1 Dtrain

2 Moehler

3 Vargas

4 Mitre

5 Nolasco

the Pen

CL Bowyer

and the rest of the pen will be shuffled through AAA and MLB maybe Petit in mid June can take over the spot starting job and hopefully Sanchez is the 7th inning guy I think Gaby needs at least 3/4 a year in AAA until he has any cahnce of not getting eaten alive.

Here's a novel idea...how 'bout we wait and see how they pitch before we start making any ridiculous predictions???

:mischief2

Whats the fun in that?

Willis

Vargas

Olsen

Moehler

Johnson

Mitre might be sent to AAA, but likely get a spot somewhere on the staff. Resop is iffy, and Messenger too. Bowyer will likely make it I think, and Borowski/Herges have a good veteran shot. Bump is almost automatic.

I think we traded Petit for Gathright.

made a couple of changes assuming Petit gets traded which makes sense:

ROTATION:

SP-Dontrelle Willis

SP-Brian Moehler

SP-Jason Vargas

SP -Josh Johnson

SP-Scott Olsen

BULLPEN:

LRP-Nate Bump

LRP-Sergio Mitre

MRP-The Tank

MRP-Randy Messanger

MRP-Chris Resop

MRP-Matt Herges

SU-Travis Bowyer

CP-Joe Borrowski

DL: Megew

McGrew is something of a special case and I don't pretend to be an expert on the intricacies of MLB and the CBA and how all this works itself out, but the Dodgers did shut him down at the end of last season as he was coming off rehab allegedly for health (arm) concerns although numerous articles suggested they really did it in hopes of hiding him from the prying eyes of other teams.

Now, can the Marlins get a free looksee in spring training and then claim he's not able to pitch after X number of appearances and place him back on the DL, thus keeping him in the organization, I don't know with any certainty. But history would suggest they can.

McGrew is something of a special case and I don't pretend to be an expert on the intricacies of MLB and the CBA and how all this works itself out, but the Dodgers did shut him down at the end of last season as he was coming off rehab allegedly for health (arm) concerns although numerous articles suggested they really did it in hopes of hiding him from the prying eyes of other teams.

Now, can the Marlins get a free looksee in spring training and then claim he's not able to pitch after X number of appearances and place him back on the DL, thus keeping him in the organization, I don't know with any certainty. But history would suggest they can.

yea but wasnt this the case with Luke Hagerty last year too.. coming off arm surgery, everyone thought that if he didnt make the team out of spring training he would be placed in the DL... instead he got sent back to the cubs... granted it didnt help that he sucked in ST last year, but all I'm saying is that it wouldnt surprise me to see Megrew get sent back.. Would I rather have him stick around? Of course

Wow I noticed a staggering trend. People aren't listing Olsen in the rotation? He's as close to a lock as it gets, I think.

Perhaps subconsciously people think the Gathright trade will happen, personally I think he isn't physically ready for the gruelling season (We need innings out of the starters and it may not be pretty), and Johnson, Mitre and Petit have the upper hand given their size.

yea but wasnt this the case with Luke Hagerty last year too.. coming off arm surgery, everyone thought that if he didnt make the team out of spring training he would be placed in the DL... instead he got sent back to the cubs... granted it didnt help that he sucked in ST last year, but all I'm saying is that it wouldnt surprise me to see Megrew get sent back.. Would I rather have him stick around? Of course

Hagerty did not end the year on the DL, Megrew did not. Hagerty had pretty much fully recovered, Megrew has not. Thus there is more hope he can be hid on the DL.