Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What do you call it?

Featured Replies

coke

Interesting.

 

By "Generic soft drinks", do they mean that folks in the red areas refer to Sprite or Crush as "coke"?

soda when i want something other than pepsi or coca-cola...but since i usually want either one of those i usually say coke...and i agree with chewie pop sounds wierd...i guess its what your used to.

Pop.

 

I used to have Southern roomies and that Coke sh*t was just weird and funny to me as an outsider looking in. Especially when they used it in resteraunts and the waitress would say "We have Pepsi products..."

 

Wonder what qualifies as "Other," just calling the drink by it's name?

I use Coke or soda.

That map is only based on 120,000 respondants, though. I'm not sure that's a fair gauge in a country this big.

OK, I have a dumb question:

 

For the context of this, are we using this as "hey, let's go get ____" or (to the waiter/waitress) "yes, may I have a _____"

 

If it's the former, then it's soda, if it's the latter, coke...I mean, you can't order 'soda,' you have to specify.

OK, I have a dumb question:

 

For the context of this, are we using this as "hey, let's go get ____" or (to the waiter/waitress) "yes, may I have a _____"

 

If it's the former, then it's soda, if it's the latter, coke...I mean, you can't order 'soda,' you have to specify.

 

 

The first one.

OK, I have a dumb question:

 

For the context of this, are we using this as "hey, let's go get ____" or (to the waiter/waitress) "yes, may I have a _____"

 

If it's the former, then it's soda, if it's the latter, coke...I mean, you can't order 'soda,' you have to specify.

 

 

Hmmmmm...

 

See I was under the impression you say "I'd like a pop." and they say, "What kind?" My roommates said when they ordered Coke from their neck of the woods that they'd ask what kind and you either said "Regular." Or order the preferred nomenclature of.

That map is only based on 120,000 respondants, though. I'm not sure that's a fair gauge in a country this big.

 

If it was random sampling, 120000 is ridiculously way more than enough. Most national polls have only about 1000.

That map is only based on 120,000 respondants, though. I'm not sure that's a fair gauge in a country this big.

 

If it was random sampling, 120000 is ridiculously way more than enough. Most national polls have only about 1000.

 

Yuh, that's why I hate those stupid "USA Today" polls as I call them.

A soft drink is soda to me. My county (Lee County, FL) is 50-80% soda as well. Coke is a specific soda (aka Coca-Cola). Pop is what northerners say.

I rarely hear anyone say "Soda" or "Pop," it always "Coke"

 

Silly survey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.