March 15, 200620 yr OF Elijah Dukes' emergence this spring will make it easier for the Devil Rays to trade Joey Gathright. He isn't the Marlins' only target to fill their center field opening, but he might be the most realistic. The Marlins also have inquired about the Tigers' Curtis Granderson, the Astros' Willy Taveras and the Mariners' Jeremy Reed. Their leading internal candidate, the 5-11, 170-pound Eric Reed, does not appear to be the answer. "He looks like a fungo," a rival scout says. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=71546 (scroll to bottom to find the quote)
March 15, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week.
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya).
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya). during the yankees-stros game today on espn, that willy tavares could be the odd man out in the outfield...i would love tavares or reed...but with abercrombie having this good of a spring...there is no reason he shouldnt have the job until he plays himself out of it
March 16, 200620 yr during the yankees-stros game today on espn, that willy tavares could be the odd man out in the outfield...i would love tavares or reed...but with abercrombie having this good of a spring...there is no reason he shouldnt have the job until he plays himself out of it I see them keeping Taveras because of Bagwell's uncertainty (and age), going back with Lance at 1B, and a Preston, Lane, Taveras OF. And if the Astros do want to move him, it'll be for Olsen. Reed would cost you even more, someone like Gaby also. I don't think either is really avaliable though. I'm not excited about Abercrombie. He's a worse version of Corey Patterson. They really need to bring in some OF talent.
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya). Granderson isn't as untouchable as Hermida. He also doesn't project to be nearly good as Hermida and he strikes out a ton. FutureGM Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM I would certainly take Reed, Granderson, or Taveras. Reed and Granderson are likely not available and like MarlinsLou said Taveras will likely cost Olsen. The guy who I think we should go after is Ryan Church. I think he is MLB ready can likely get on base at a .340 rate, OPS of 800, .Avg around 280 and hit 15-20 HR's if he plays everday. If Guillen is healthy there is a very good chance he gets traded. I think Bowden bites if we give up Pinto and Bostick(might even do it straight up for Pinto.
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya). Granderson isn't as untouchable as Hermida. He also doesn't project to be nearly good as Hermida and he strikes out a ton. FutureGM Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM I would certainly take Reed, Granderson, or Taveras. Reed and Granderson are likely not available and like MarlinsLou said Taveras will likely cost Olsen. The guy who I think we should go after is Ryan Church. I think he is MLB ready can likely get on base at a .340 rate, OPS of 800, .Avg around 280 and hit 15-20 HR's if he plays everday. If Guillen is healthy there is a very good chance he gets traded. I think Bowden bites if we give up Pinto and Bostick(might even do it straight up for Pinto. I thought Guillen was already injured and going to miss roughly have the season.
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya). Granderson isn't as untouchable as Hermida. He also doesn't project to be nearly good as Hermida and he strikes out a ton. FutureGM Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM I would certainly take Reed, Granderson, or Taveras. Reed and Granderson are likely not available and like MarlinsLou said Taveras will likely cost Olsen. The guy who I think we should go after is Ryan Church. I think he is MLB ready can likely get on base at a .340 rate, OPS of 800, .Avg around 280 and hit 15-20 HR's if he plays everday. If Guillen is healthy there is a very good chance he gets traded. I think Bowden bites if we give up Pinto and Bostick(might even do it straight up for Pinto. I thought Guillen was already injured and going to miss roughly have the season. From rotoworld.com Jose Guillen - OF - Nationals took live batting practice with his teammates on Wednesday for the first time since having his left wrist examined two weeks ago. Guillen took 40 swings and didn't feel any pain, so the cortisone is working. He'll do the same on Thursday, and if that goes well, his spring debut should come Monday. Mar. 15 - 10:56 pm et Source: Nationals.mlb.com
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya). Granderson isn't as untouchable as Hermida. He also doesn't project to be nearly good as Hermida and he strikes out a ton. FutureGM Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM I would certainly take Reed, Granderson, or Taveras. Reed and Granderson are likely not available and like MarlinsLou said Taveras will likely cost Olsen. The guy who I think we should go after is Ryan Church. I think he is MLB ready can likely get on base at a .340 rate, OPS of 800, .Avg around 280 and hit 15-20 HR's if he plays everday. If Guillen is healthy there is a very good chance he gets traded. I think Bowden bites if we give up Pinto and Bostick(might even do it straight up for Pinto. I thought Guillen was already injured and going to miss roughly have the season. From rotoworld.com Jose Guillen - OF - Nationals took live batting practice with his teammates on Wednesday for the first time since having his left wrist examined two weeks ago. Guillen took 40 swings and didn't feel any pain, so the cortisone is working. He'll do the same on Thursday, and if that goes well, his spring debut should come Monday. Mar. 15 - 10:56 pm et Source: Nationals.mlb.com Guess wherever I got that info from jumped the gun, but I still haven't heard Church mentioned in any rumors so i don't think he's a guy we're looking at.
March 16, 200620 yr The guy who I think we should go after is Ryan Church. I think he is MLB ready can likely get on base at a .340 rate, OPS of 800, .Avg around 280 and hit 15-20 HR's if he plays everday. If Guillen is healthy there is a very good chance he gets traded. I think Bowden bites if we give up Pinto and Bostick(might even do it straight up for Pinto. I'd have no problem with that, I like Church and I can't see them clinging to a 4th outfielder if there's interest. He doesn't have the upside as some of these other names but I think he'd be pretty solid.
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya). Granderson isn't as untouchable as Hermida. He also doesn't project to be nearly good as Hermida and he strikes out a ton. FutureGM Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM I would certainly take Reed, Granderson, or Taveras. Reed and Granderson are likely not available and like MarlinsLou said Taveras will likely cost Olsen. The guy who I think we should go after is Ryan Church. I think he is MLB ready can likely get on base at a .340 rate, OPS of 800, .Avg around 280 and hit 15-20 HR's if he plays everday. If Guillen is healthy there is a very good chance he gets traded. I think Bowden bites if we give up Pinto and Bostick(might even do it straight up for Pinto. I didn't say Granderson was going to be as good as Hermida, I said he is untouchable just like Hermida. He's their best young position player along with Shelton. They are not trading him for anything, let alone more pitching when they have three potential aces, and solid backend guys like Maroth and Robertson - who could break out also. Detroit is going to be very good in 2-3 years. Concerning Church, he'll be starting in CF for the nationals, and it's not going to take Pinto/Bostick. It will again take Olsen, atleast Johnson. Bowden is an idiot, but he isn't that stupid. I'm with Ramp, if it has to be Olsen, "gimme Dukes." If not, sit on the pitchers and deal with the problem later.
March 16, 200620 yr I watched Church alot last year at the Nats games and he just seems like a guy that knows how to get on base and just in general gets it done when its on the line. I would welcome him here in a second. The only other guy that excites me as much is Taveras. I think also with as anemic as the Nationals pitching has been they would be desperate enough to accept a trade of one or two pitching prospects.
March 16, 200620 yr If Granderson was so untouchable, he wouldn't be having to compete for his job with Nook Logan. That said, he is dominating that competition and will be the Tigers opening day CF.
March 16, 200620 yr If Granderson was so untouchable, he wouldn't be having to compete for his job with Nook Logan. That said, he is dominating that competition and will be the Tigers opening day CF. Do you honestly actually believe that was a competition? That's a way to not psychologically hand Granderson CF and make him "earn" it. Kind of the opposite of how the Marlins and handling Dan Uggla.
March 16, 200620 yr Well their CF of the future is Cameron Maybin, so I still don't think he's untouchable. But he'd take more than I'd give.
March 16, 200620 yr Well their CF of the future is Cameron Maybin, so I still don't think he's untouchable. But he'd take more than I'd give. Maybin was a 2005 draft pick, he can't be traded for a few more months, and he is YEARS away from the bigs while Granderson is ready right now and is going to be a monster. It's silly to think Granderson is avaliable. They don't have any other good CF options. It's like saying we'll trade Hanley because we need another OF. All it's doing is creating another problem on the field. It hurts Detroit to trade him. UPDATE: Quote's from a Tigers Message Board I posed this question to this afternoon. They aren't feeling it. Granderson is about as untouchable as any of their prospects right now. Anyone can be had for the right price, but it's not as if we have a logjam of CFers waiting to step in. There's no way the Tigers trade him at this point. They're more likely to trade one of their top pitchers, IMO. It the tigers were going to trade grandy for a pitcher it would more likely be an established starter rather than more prospects. I think the tigs are pretty content with their current pitching prospects and they still have the draft to add more. Granderson is now an important piece of the major league team and if he were delt it likely be for another established major leaguer. In this situation at least. I wouldn't think he'd be going anywhere unless it's an offer they just can't refuse. on granderson-given our utter lack of viable MLB ready CF talent other than Grandy, i don't see a situation where dealing would make sense. curtis is good, cheap, and under our control for years to come.
March 16, 200620 yr I would absolutely love to get Granderson from the Tigers. Kid is gonna be a stud. And you know Dombrowski will take pitching any day of the week. Granderson is as avaliable in trades as Hermida. They are building the team around him, Shelton, and the pitchers (Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya). Granderson isn't as untouchable as Hermida. He also doesn't project to be nearly good as Hermida and he strikes out a ton. FutureGM Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM I would certainly take Reed, Granderson, or Taveras. Reed and Granderson are likely not available and like MarlinsLou said Taveras will likely cost Olsen. The guy who I think we should go after is Ryan Church. I think he is MLB ready can likely get on base at a .340 rate, OPS of 800, .Avg around 280 and hit 15-20 HR's if he plays everday. If Guillen is healthy there is a very good chance he gets traded. I think Bowden bites if we give up Pinto and Bostick(might even do it straight up for Pinto. I didn't say Granderson was going to be as good as Hermida, I said he is untouchable just like Hermida. He's their best young position player along with Shelton. They are not trading him for anything, let alone more pitching when they have three potential aces, and solid backend guys like Maroth and Robertson - who could break out also. Detroit is going to be very good in 2-3 years. Concerning Church, he'll be starting in CF for the nationals, and it's not going to take Pinto/Bostick. It will again take Olsen, atleast Johnson. Bowden is an idiot, but he isn't that stupid. I'm with Ramp, if it has to be Olsen, "gimme Dukes." If not, sit on the pitchers and deal with the problem later. Im pretty sure it won't take none of the big four or any top flght prospect in order to acquire Ryan Church. Granderson is not that special of a player. He was the best OF in a weak Detroit Tigers Farm system (they made a big leap this year in ranking because of Verlander, Zumaya and drafting Maybin). Anyways the Tigers ain't trading him unless soemone over pays. Also MarlinsLou I would like to thank you for teaching those Devil Rays fan's a thing or two over at there board. We may have difference of opinions....but I respect your opinion's.
March 17, 200620 yr Brandon Watson - OF - Nationals Brandon Watson went 2-for-3 with a double, two RBI and a sacrifice against the Orioles today. Watson is outhitting Ryan Church .342 to .219 so far. Church closes the gap a bit with his nine walks, but Watson actually has five in 38 at-bats. Since manager Frank Robinson clearly wanted Watson to win the starting job in center, it might be that Church will turn into trade bait for pitching help. Mar. 17 - 5:08 pm et :whistle IMO way better option than Gathright, cost in terms of prospects. God forbid we have to give up one of the big 4 I rather give them up for him that Joey Gathright. Line-up could look similar to this. (Lots of possibilities) SS Hanley Ramirez RF Jeremy Hermida C Josh Williangham 3B Miguel Cabrera LF Ryan Church 1B Mike Jacobs 2B Dan Uggla CF Eric Reed
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.