Andino

Marlins97+03WC

to me it would be the smartest thing to do from a talent standpoint ... if they keep projecting Andino as a SS and Hanley keeps his job than all we are gonna see is talent rotting on either the bench or the minors ... or even a trade, which does not seem viable due to the lack of major league ready talent infielders in the minors (or the majors hence Uggla at second)

Uggla can start ... but I'd rather groom Andino as a 2nd baseman and go from there

to me it would be the smartest thing to do from a talent standpoint ... if they keep projecting Andino as a SS and Hanley keeps his job than all we are gonna see is talent rotting on either the bench or the minors ... or even a trade, which does not seem viable due to the lack of major league ready talent infielders in the minors (or the majors hence Uggla at second)

Uggla can start ... but I'd rather groom Andino as a 2nd baseman and go from there

I couldn't agree more. I want Andino to be our starting 2nd baseman.

Andino should play 2B every day in Albuquerque, not be on our bench or in some kind of platoon or whatever.

It's not as if there is an established starter ahead of him. If he stays in the majors as a 2B he is just as likely to get starts as Uggla and not rot on the bench like some do. I doubt either of them are truly ready for ML seasons, but we don't really have a choice.

He's only played a few innings at 2B, he's better going to AAA, playing it every single day and actually learning how to do so. Sure he'd play sometimes up here, but he needs to play every single day.

It's not like we can't afford to let him develop a year down there. Plus, I'd personally like to see how he handles the demotion, considering he's been a pretty big baby thus far.

It's not like we can't afford to let him develop a year down there. Plus, I'd personally like to see how he handles the demotion, considering he's been a pretty big baby thus far.

That's my thinking.

Better to let him learn it in AAA than learn on the fly in the majors.

I'm just shocked it took this long for the Marlins to flip him around to the other side of the bag.

yep, agree with hugg here. Let him start in AAA and only promote him if he's dominating down there. I don't think he will. Let him learn 2B and gain innings there. This also keeps his service clock from starting.

and the difference from AAA to the majors is?

either case its a learning experience I dont think it makes a difference where he does it and its not like there is much better options if any

yep, agree with hugg here. Let him start in AAA and only promote him if he's dominating down there. I don't think he will. Let him learn 2B and gain innings there. This also keeps his service clock from starting.

either case its a learning experience I dont think it makes a difference where he does it and its not like there is much better options if any

Why have him use up service time learning something in the majors? Further look up his stats from last year at all his stops. He didn't really have a good time of it in AA Carolina last year, so doesn't that throw up red flags to you that his very small spring training sample size may be somewhat flukey? Any other questions?

Why have him use up service time learning something in the majors? Further look up his stats from last year at all his stops. He didn't really have a good time of it in AA Carolina last year, so doesn't that throw up red flags to you that his very small spring training sample size may be somewhat flukey? Any other questions?

Does service time really matter to out team since he has already made his debut? Maybe you know soemthign I don't, I always thought it just mattered when you debuted, not how much you actually played in the najors, but I could be wrong.

Does service time really matter to out team since he has already made his debut? Maybe you know soemthign I don't, I always thought it just mattered when you debuted, not how much you actually played in the najors, but I could be wrong.

He was a September callup, so it still matters.

Service time is based on actual days spent on a major league roster

which on the team all but 3 - 4 people dont count ... the rest have started the clock

Andino could just be another ... even if he isnt ready to make the leap

I really just dont see the point ... Uggla isnt the answer and Andino might not be the answer either but I'd rather give the PT to the guy with more talent and one that is doing much better in the spring

Service time is based on actual days spent on a major league roster

which on the team all but 3 - 4 people dont count ... the rest have started the clock

Andino could just be another ... even if he isnt ready to make the leap

I really just dont see the point ... Uggla isnt the answer and Andino might not be the answer either but I'd rather give the PT to the guy with more talent and one that is doing much better in the spring

you're overrating 50 some spring training ABs compared with his less than mediocre 400+ ABs from last year.

andino didn't do so hot last year, but he was only 21. he did pretty well for a 21 year old in double a. he's four years younger than uggla. his upside is substantially better.

just because his upside is better doesn't mean he should be thrust into the starting 2B job. We're in no rush here. We won't be seriously competitive until 2008....maybe next year. Still no reason whatsoever for Andino to start the year on the big club. And I believe the FO agrees with me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.