April 4, 200620 yr since the world cup is coming I figured I would find out everyone's opinion on the matter :confused
April 4, 200620 yr Author ill be there for 2 games :o amazing ... how the hell were you able to accomplish such a feat? ... im jealous and yes sandro ... I agree ... ITALY champs, although I have a feeling England will take it home
April 4, 200620 yr ill be there for 2 games :o amazing ... how the hell were you able to accomplish such a feat? ... im jealous and yes sandro ... I agree ... ITALY champs, although I have a feeling England will take it home put my name on the list for the US soccer federation. after long months of waiting sent they sent me an order form. I wanted tickets to USA vs. Italy and USA vs. Ghana. instead I got the ghana game, and tickets to Costa Rica vs Ecuador
April 5, 200620 yr Watch out for USA, maybe they will suprise. I think Argentina is the team to beat.
April 5, 200620 yr Watch out for USA, maybe they will suprise. I think Argentina is the team to beat. yeah, team usa is going to be tough. i think they can make the final four. argentina is a very solid team. hard to pick against a team that features as many superstars as brazil. i am looking forward to seeing ronaldinho dancing samba with a soccer ball.
April 5, 200620 yr Author Watch out for USA, maybe they will suprise. I think Argentina is the team to beat. USA could surprise ... 2002 was a fluke but they do have a nice nucleus this year, unfortunatly they are in one of the toughest groups with Italy, Czech Republic and Ghana any of the 4 teams could advance but the Czech Rep & Italy are surely the favorites to advance ... Plus italy will want to play their best if they dont want to face Brazil in the next round (whoever lands second in the group will face Brazil in the next round so go figure) Argentina has the toughest group of all and like 2002 they could not even make it out of the first round ... I hope they do because im really pulling for them this year. Their group has been hailed as the group of death with Netherlands, Serbia & Montenegro and the Ivory Coast ... harsh (Serbia & Montenegro is relatively unknown but they only allowed 1 goal in 2 years of qualifying for the world cup) Brazil has all the stars in the world and are hailed as one of the greatest teams Brazil has ever put into the field ... but in the world cup luck is more important than ability and talent
April 5, 200620 yr USA has Italy in their group and the Czech Republic and Ghana. Two those teams are good, and one is an elite. I won't be surprised if we get knocked out pretty early. I was talking to my soccer prof, '96 National Teamer Rob Smith about this, and he didn't like our chances either. He claimed the Czech team is either really awesome or really bad and them either showing or not depends on whether or not we make it out of this group.
April 5, 200620 yr Author the Czech's depend too much of their main star Pavel "goldie locks" Nedved ... and he is one of those special players that could change a team. He has that 6th sense when it comes to soccer ... the Czech Republic should have won the Euro 04 but didnt because Nedved got injured either way it is a very technical and tough team with a great balance. The best goalie in the world today, one of the better players in Nedved and two great strikers in Koller & Baros
April 5, 200620 yr USA got screwed for their bracket. I had every intention of going, but I just never got around to getting tickets and stuff. Oh well, I'll go another time.
April 5, 200620 yr hard to bet against brazil.. they still have the best player in the world in Ronaldinho.. and a very good attack with Ronaldo and Adriano.. add Kaka, and a solid defense and it is a pretty tough team to beat.. not to mention they have made it to the finals in the past 3 world cups
April 5, 200620 yr Author Im still pulling for england and the best midfield in the world Beckham/Lampard/Gerrard/JoeCole thats 4 world class players right there ... plus there's Wayne Rooney up front making his way through sheer force
April 20, 200620 yr Author lol team USA is ranked fourth in the FIFA world ranking that has to be the biggest joke ever let me guess ... Freddy Adu wins the player of the year award too
April 20, 200620 yr Heart says: USA Brain says: Brazil Gut says: Argentina Brazil is clearly the most talented team - but that doesn't neccessarily make them the best team. I really like the way Argentina plays and personally, i don't think they'll have a problem advancing.
April 20, 200620 yr Author USA is very good offense. No real stars...just a bunch of guys who can score. does that make them number 4 in the world? ... c'mon now ... its such a joke its sickening USA is ahead of Italy, Argentina, France, England ... heck Germany a 3 world champ and finalist in the last world cup rank at #19 thats a joke
April 20, 200620 yr It should be a fun tourney. Cant wait to watch it, too bad the USA got screwed in our draw though.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.