Stadium questions

I believe that the Marlins will somehow find a way to get a stadium. Miracles do happen.

Sorry if we had a thread like this.

• Where do you want the Marlins stadium to be built. (Be realistic- Like not your front yard :rolleyes: ) If you have a reason why tell us.
  • What would you like the stadium to have? What colors, certain theme, extras etc:
  • If we do get this stadium built do you think we will have decent crowds every night?

Thats all. I just want to read your opinions and ideas.

If you want to add anything feel free.

Maybe a light tan exterior with the red tile shingles...play up to the latin influence in archetecture(sp). I am not sure if that style is big in Miami or surrounding areas, but I know it is like around Orlando. Red brick retro is nice but has been done to death.

I, personally, always loved how Sportsmans Park looked(Busch Stadium I), it'd be cool if they could do a modernized version of that, with the already mentioned Latin influence in building.

I'd LOVE the stadium to be built on Watson Island on the other side of the MacArthur Causeway across from Parot Jungle...

we'd just have to demolish that one little Childrens Museum :mischief

I just think that backdrop would be amazing! Our beautiful city in the background! :notworthy :notworthy

I'd LOVE the stadium to be built on Watson Island on the other side of the MacArthur Causeway across from Parot Jungle...

I just think that backdrop would be amazing! Our beautiful city in the background! :notworthy :notworthy

How would you propose 38,000 people getting there?

Don't care, they could build it in the middle of the everglades as long as they build something!

If I had to choose...

put it next to dolphins stadium...great location between miami and ft. lauderdale

who cares what it look like as long as the build the damn thing

would have decent crowds if the roof get put on, ticket prices come down or we field a contending team, that's the only way to get crowds in south florida

A ferry :mischief lol

park in downtown and ferry across lol

I want it to be built next to the American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami. I want it so that home runs can be hit in the water.

Yea, there's a big 'lot' of land...where they have that halloween crap...and when the circus comes in, that's where they keep all their stuff

Correct, its called Bicentenial park. They rather build a new science museum there. It makes me sick.

A ferry :mischief lol

park in downtown and ferry across lol

It's probably not realistic but it would be kinda cool.

I want it to be built next to the American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami. I want it so that home runs can be hit in the water.

I want the colors to be Black, Silver, Teal, and White.

I want it to be modern looking.

I want tri-rail and Metro Rail access.

Man, I couldn't have expressed it any better. That is the absolut BEST place to put the stadium. Access to working professionals w/ $$ to spend on tickets, access to Little Havana and the largest latin community in america, and you don't need parking because the metrorail is right there. I went to a ton of games last summer but I can garuntee you I would have gone to twice as many if the stadium were in downtown.

A stadium on the Miami waterfront would be beautiful. Absolutly the most beautiful park in the majors because how can you beat the bay and the miami beach city scape? Heck, even the bleacher seats get a good view of downtown and the condos. Oh man, now I'm going to have dreams of this stadium

Yea, there's a big 'lot' of land...where they have that halloween crap...and when the circus comes in, that's where they keep all their stuff

Correct, its called Bicentenial park. They rather build a new science museum there. It makes me sick.

Is Bicentenial the one south of AAA? The one south can't go anywhere because thats where they put on concerts and stuff. But the one just directly north is just a blemesh on the Miami skyline. Bicentenial should be Miami's sole waterfront property. It's a great place to hold concerts, fairs, whatever. Give the Marlins the lot next to AAA like they originally proposed.

Since I am probably not going to live in S. Florida all my life I wouldnt mind if the Marlins built the stadium in downtown Miami. With access to the Tri-Rail and Metro Rail it would be easier for people to attend games. Less driving in traffic.

I think this would be kinda cool.

Have lawn seats in the outfield and have a huge sand box for the kids the play in. It goes with the beachy theme. Parents can sit in the grass while their children play in the sandbox that is shaped like a Marlin. :thumbup

Huge salt water fish tank.

I don't know. I just always knew I wasnt going to live in S. Florida all my life.

that's what my brother says...but after leaving Miami, I miss it so much...I realize what an awesome city it is! There are probably some other places I wouldn't mind living in (San Francisco, LA) but my heart's always in Miami :thumbup

-I want the stadium right on the water like PBC is, so you can see the ocean from your seat, awesome.

-Gladiator fights on days where they aren't games. An airconditioned dome. Also, more variety for food. How hard is it to have a sushi stand? I mean sushi and baseball just go together. Okay, maybe not but I'm in desperate need of sushi fix.

-In downtown Miami there shouldn't be any attendance issues. And everyone wants to see Gladiators duel.

Since I am probably not going to live in S. Florida all my life

I don't know. I just always knew I wasnt going to live in S. Florida all my life.

that's what my brother says...but after leaving Miami, I miss it so much...I realize what an awesome city it is! There are probably some other places I wouldn't mind living in (San Francisco, LA) but my heart's always in Miami :thumbup

I moved from Miami in 02 to go to school in central illinois. Now I don't want to go back. Of course the weather and the beach are amazing. But the traffic and just the materialistic attitude everyone has are too much for me. I'll go back someday but I just accepted a job w/ ADM who is based out of central illinois so I won't be back for awhile.

Sorry to go off topic here.

Guest Festa

When the Fish hit a Homer.. have a big mechanical Marlins jump out of a water backdrop.... NOW THAT WOULD BE THE SH*T!

Something similar is/was planned for the ballpark here in Miami.

Link

• I would like a very open park. Ex. When you go and get something to eat/drink you are able to watch the game.
  • More escalators. :)
  • Right field seats.. Fish Tank.
  • Teal Monster replica

The memo the Marlins sent SA on the stadium did mention a 25 foot wall in the outfield. That information is most likely what the ballpark Loria had designed by HOK includes.