Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cabrera's errors

Featured Replies

I think many Marlins should have recieved Gold Gloves including Alex Gonzalez, Pudge(2003) and Juan Pierre.

 

 

Juan Pierre ? Great guy but defender ? With his school girl arm ? No way.

 

Hey Juan Pierre made some unbelievable plays in his tenure with the Marlins. His range was a lot better than half of the centerfielders in the Majors. Now the con is his arm. But my argument is that he caught balls that even Jim Edmonds could not catch.

I think many Marlins should have recieved Gold Gloves including Alex Gonzalez, Pudge(2003) and Juan Pierre.

 

 

Juan Pierre ? Great guy but defender ? With his school girl arm ? No way.

 

Hey Juan Pierre made some unbelievable plays in his tenure with the Marlins. His range was a lot better than half of the centerfielders in the Majors. Now the con is his arm. But my argument is that he caught balls that even Jim Edmonds could not catch.

 

His arm just as often cost the Marlins runs as did his great catches help them save runs -- so it was pretty much a wash. :confused

I'm not convinced that there's anything going on in his life that would significantly get in the way of his defense.

 

If anything, I think all those empanadas and churros might have more to do with it.

 

 

 

LOL!!!!

Pierre, while possessing great closing speed which made many plays look fantastic, did not have great range as witnessed by range factor (balls fielded by player per game), zone rating (balls reached of expected based on location), UZR and PMR (same, but batted ball values attributed based on type (line drive, groundball, fly, bunt))

Pierre, while possessing great closing speed which made many plays look fantastic, did not have great range as witnessed by range factor (balls fielded by player per game), zone rating (balls reached of expected based on location), UZR and PMR (same, but batted ball values attributed based on type (line drive, groundball, fly, bunt))

 

And also my lying eyes saw for themselves, without any fancy metrics, that Pierre was just slightly above average in getting to batted balls....and way below average in throwing.

it was a win lose situation with juan pierre.. he tracked down a lot of balls in our spacious stadium w/ his speed.. but yea.. he couldnt throw

Anyone notice Tommy Hutton's comment last night during the tv broadcast that both Pierre and Dontrelle are doing poorly since their splitup?

 

Great friends, they stay in touch and how they were workout partners. The implication is they feed off each other.

 

Hmmm....

Anyone notice Tommy Hutton's comment last night during the tv broadcast that both Pierre and Dontrelle are doing poorly since their splitup?

 

Great friends, they stay in touch and how they were workout partners. The implication is they feed off each other.

 

Hmmm....

 

 

I caught that too, and think it bears merit. IIRC didn't Willis already ask JP to be his best man at his upcoming marriage (after the season ??).

Anyone notice Tommy Hutton's comment last night during the tv broadcast that both Pierre and Dontrelle are doing poorly since their splitup?

 

Great friends, they stay in touch and how they were workout partners. The implication is they feed off each other.

 

Hmmm....

 

I don't buy it. These guys are not lovers, they're great friends and workout partners, and professional athletes. If this was even 1% a cause towards the poor performance of one or both, I'd consider them lesser athletes for it. Only if there was a baseball pitcher-catcher relationship would I consider it. I think this is nothing more than an innocuous comment on a coincidental happening by Hutton. It's hard to be announcer for a 100 loss team. You have to come up with lots of filler, and attempt to make it interesting. As the season grinds on I can only imagine what the announcers will be talking about to fill time.

Anyone notice Tommy Hutton's comment last night during the tv broadcast that both Pierre and Dontrelle are doing poorly since their splitup?

 

Great friends, they stay in touch and how they were workout partners. The implication is they feed off each other.

 

Hmmm....

 

I don't buy it. These guys are not lovers, they're great friends and workout partners, and professional athletes. If this was even 1% a cause towards the poor performance of one or both, I'd consider them lesser athletes for it. Only if there was a baseball pitcher-catcher relationship would I consider it. I think this is nothing more than an innocuous comment on a coincidental happening by Hutton. It's hard to be announcer for a 100 loss team. You have to come up with lots of filler, and attempt to make it interesting. As the season grinds on I can only imagine what the announcers will be talking about to fill time.

That was 100% NOT where I was going with my post.

Anyone notice Tommy Hutton's comment last night during the tv broadcast that both Pierre and Dontrelle are doing poorly since their splitup?

 

Great friends, they stay in touch and how they were workout partners. The implication is they feed off each other.

 

Hmmm....

 

I don't buy it. These guys are not lovers, they're great friends and workout partners, and professional athletes. If this was even 1% a cause towards the poor performance of one or both, I'd consider them lesser athletes for it. Only if there was a baseball pitcher-catcher relationship would I consider it. I think this is nothing more than an innocuous comment on a coincidental happening by Hutton. It's hard to be announcer for a 100 loss team. You have to come up with lots of filler, and attempt to make it interesting. As the season grinds on I can only imagine what the announcers will be talking about to fill time.

That was 100% NOT where I was going with my post.

I realize that 2003. I was just trying to make my point in a humerous way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.