Lady Issues

Guest FishFanInPA

any do's or don'ts for the wedding or the parental meeting????

I know it's hard, but be polite and respectful. Parents love that. They're expecting to hate their daughter's boyfriends. Smile, don't talk about yourself the whole time, laugh at their jokes, pretend you're interested in their stupid conversations but don't be too fake. Also don't try to unhook her bra at the dinner table.

I never understood why guys don't warm up to a girl's parents more. I mean there is no better way to get in good with a girl than to make nice with her parents.

Now if it's just a fling on the other hand.... eeehhh, I'd rather not even meet them, lol.

Here's the important question actually....how do i get in good with her friends???

Ummm be yourself. If they don't like you, that isn't exactly your problem.

I know it's hard, but be polite and respectful. Parents love that. They're expecting to hate their daughter's boyfriends.

I never understood why guys don't warm up to a girl's parents more. I mean there is no better way to get in good with a girl than to make nice with her parents.

However a wedding on the second date would throw up red flags all over the place for me too...

:o

:panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic :panic

With me, I think it's because I tend to be pretty uncomfortable around anyone who's considerably older than me, so parents just adds that whole other level to it.

Guys, don't flatter yourselves. Just because a girl invites you to a wedding doesn't necessarily mean she wants to get more serious, or wants to marry you or anything. It just means she needs/wants a date. Simple as that. I've invited guys to weddings because I needed a date-- guys I didn't even really like that much (not to say she doesn't like you, PA). :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FishFanInPA

Just a quick update.....

I just finished a convo with the chick who said that she felt that all my actions during the wedding were forced and that i was trying too hard to have her friends and family like me.....she told me that she didnt feel we clicked either......

UMMM.....I drove 40 minutes out of my way to go to a wedding for her and this is what i get?!?

I'm going to be single forevah

I just went to a wedding with a friend who asked me to go with her a while back. I told my girlfriend about it and she really didnt care, now the day before I went to the wedding she said that she really wanted to go ... like really badly ... not that she was pissed because I was going with another girl but simply because she really wanted to go ... I dont know it could have been kinda cute

Im a hopeless romantic and damn proud to admit I am ... I feel bad for not taking her

go for it dude; what have you got to lose?

Ever heard of restraining orders?

Seriously though......if the whole date had a fun, relaxed vibe and she wasnt staring into your eyes for minutes at a time, I say go to the wedding.

Oh, and tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bulls eye! Oh!

:thumbup

Seriously though......if the whole date had a fun, relaxed vibe and she wasnt staring into your eyes for minutes at a time, I say go to the wedding.

He already went to the wedding.

He already went to the wedding.

Oh........that sux.