Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols out with strained right oblique; likely headed to DL

Featured Replies

La Russa on Pujols (post-game)

 

It'll be at least two weeks for AP.

 

And that's optimistic.

 

Actually, La Russa told us that he'd be happy if it's only two weeks.

 

"If he's out (only) two weeks I'll buy you dinner the rest of the year," La Russa said.

 

"I don't think, listening to Dr. Paletta, that in two weeks Albert will be able to go."

 

Pujols left the stadium early.

 

--B

 

[Here]

 

:banghead :( :( :( :banghead

  • Author

No freakin idea.. Edmonds can play 1st but he hasnt played in ages and should be on the DL (why they keep delaying is beyond me).. Luna can play 1st but still though.. argh.. Spiezio could I guess *Think he did once or twice already this year* but he's been sick..

 

Brian Daubach is doing solid in AAA so he could be called up.. Chris Duncan or John Gall are the other potential callups..

 

But it doesnt matter... we're f'd!

 

I'm hoping it's gonna be OK!

Pujols doesn't singlehandedly win games for the Cardinals, but there is no way the Cards win nearly as many games without Pujols.

  • Author

Pujols doesn't singlehandedly win games for the Cardinals, but there is no way the Cards win nearly as many games without Pujols.

 

 

Well yes he doesnt singlehandedly because the runners get on in front of him but still.. he basically is the team..

They will call up Duncan. This is horrible though I was looking forward to a historic season by Pujols... :(

  • Author

06/03/2006 9:12 PM ET

Pujols out with strained right oblique

Cardinals slugger likely heading to disabled list

By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

 

 

 

ST. LOUIS -- They've weathered one injury after another the past season and a half, but the Cardinals have never had to do without Albert Pujols for more than a few days. That's almost certainly about to change.

 

Pujols was removed from the Cardinals' game on Saturday against the Cubs due to a strained right oblique muscle, and it's unclear when he will be able to return. He will almost certainly be placed on the disabled list for the first time in his career, if not Sunday, then no later than Tuesday.

 

"There is serious concern," said Dr. George Paletta, "and it is the type of injury that we need to evaluate initially and again 18-24 hours later to get a better handle on it."

 

"He's going to miss a significant period of time," said manager Tony La Russa. "Anywhere from little significant to real significant. We can't tell for another 18-24 [hours]. But it's something we've got to deal with."

 

[More in URL]

  • Author

Well to me I think Daubach would be the one to call up.. Gall never gets his chance so he wouldnt now.. Duncan was just up (arent too high on him at 1st base I believe, cuz he moved to the OF) but maybe go with the veteran here in Daubach.. no idea.. be my best guess.. He's hitting like .300 with 8 homers and 27 rbi's or so in Memphis..

  • Author

I dont know, I'm no medical expert.. he heard a pop or something so it could be very serious or could be less serious.. no idea personally..

 

But this is considered a serious injury when you take other stuff into effect..

The thing about injuries is you don't want to put yourself on the line and risk further injury, possibly career-ending caliber injuries. It's just foolish (and selfish, especially if you're holding back the team).

 

I love Pujols, he has my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

That's a real shame with the season he's having. I'm no Cards fan, I root for the Cubs, but it'somehow less fun beating the Cards without King Albert.

Sucks that he got hurt, but I don't feel sorry for the Cards. Our best player has gone down year after year, and now this is a chance (3 games out and Pujols out) that we need to take advantage of.

  • Author

Sucks that he got hurt, but I don't feel sorry for the Cards. Our best player has gone down year after year, and now this is a chance (3 games out and Pujols out) that we need to take advantage of.

 

 

And if you guys or even Houston dont take advantage of this then I dont know if you guys will at all..

 

Nobody is gonna feel sorry for us in the division, many wont in baseball and I know that..

 

The Bug is finally hitting us.. we've been one of those that can recover from this.. I'm just not sure taking 50% of our offense out for maybe a month or more will be able to last and survive..

 

I guess we have like the Reds, Brewers, Pirates and Rockies or something to play before the White Sox, Tigers, and Indians.. got a chance to survive but will be very very very hard!

Im not even close to being an Albert fan but I kinda feel bad for the guy because he is having a historic start to his season and he gets a freaky injury jogging after a foul ball.

 

I hope he gets better faster than prognosticated.

 

Could he be the greatest hitter ever?

Sucks that he got hurt, but I don't feel sorry for the Cards. Our best player has gone down year after year, and now this is a chance (3 games out and Pujols out) that we need to take advantage of.

 

 

And if you guys or even Houston dont take advantage of this then I dont know if you guys will at all..

 

Nobody is gonna feel sorry for us in the division, many wont in baseball and I know that..

 

The Bug is finally hitting us.. we've been one of those that can recover from this.. I'm just not sure taking 50% of our offense out for maybe a month or more will be able to last and survive..

 

I guess we have like the Reds, Brewers, Pirates and Rockies or something to play before the White Sox, Tigers, and Indians.. got a chance to survive but will be very very very hard!

Can you say statement series fo rthe Reds against the Cards this week?

 

If we can't take you down now, we never will.

  • Author

Duncan called up?

 

Afterward, right fielder Chris Duncan confirmed he had been called up to St. Louis, presumably to take the place of injured first baseman Albert Pujols.

 

In the fifth inning, Duncan was removed from the game in favor of Boyd for what the team called "precautionary reasons." Duncan, who cleaned out his locker immediately after the game, said it was because he had been called up to St. Louis.

 

Sheaffer would not confirm that Duncan, who played first base until being moved to the outfield last summer, had been promoted to St. Louis.

  • Author

La Russa on KTRS: Edmonds at 1st today

 

Timo Perez hitting 6th in LF

 

Today's Probable Lineup:

Eckstein SS

Luna 2B

Rolen 3B

Edmonds 1B

Encarnacion RF

Perez LF

Taguchi CF

Molina C

Well, Pujols last year was worth 13 wins to the Cards, so they'll probably lose about 2 more games without him than they would've with him in this stretch (15 games=1/10 of the season, 1.3 wins, but I rounded to two with the season he's having).

  • Author

Marquis stinks today..

 

Taguchi, Rolen, Edmonds, and Encarnacion showed up in the 1st

 

Bottom 2nd.. Cards lead 3-1.. but Marquis looks like crap like usual!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.