Lineups: Amezaga back in CF

I LOVE this lineup... great teams have production from 6-7-8 in the lineup. I know no one likes seeing our top prospect hitting seventh, but it's better than having a catcher or freeswinging centerfielder killing another rally. You have to have people capable of knocking in baserunners hitting low in the order.

Amezaga makes things happen, I love how he plays. He plays hard, and he plays well. I think he is an upgrade over Abrecrombie, Ross or Borchard offensively. He had a little trouble in CF today, but if he can work on that, I don't mind him playing everyday.

I LOVE this lineup... great teams have production from 6-7-8 in the lineup. I know no one likes seeing our top prospect hitting seventh, but it's better than having a catcher or freeswinging centerfielder killing another rally. You have to have people capable of knocking in baserunners hitting low in the order.

Amezaga makes things happen, I love how he plays. He plays hard, and he plays well. I think he is an upgrade over Abrecrombie, Ross or Borchard offensively. He had a little trouble in CF today, but if he can work on that, I don't mind him playing everyday.

I love how you mention having a catcher come in to hit...last time I checked Olivo has the 3rd best average on the team with .291 and .310 with RISP. So maybe the catcher is the person we would want to hit dont you think?

I love how you mention having a catcher come in to hit...last time I checked Olivo has the 3rd best average on the team with .291 and .310 with RISP. So maybe the catcher is the person we would want to hit dont you think?

no I still wouldn't hit Olivo ahead of Willingham or Hermida or Jacobs. I'd prefer he hit eighth and have the other three hit in whatever combination of 5-6-7 :thumbup

Why not? Amezega seems to make things happen when he's on base. I like his hustle. So try the experiment. Oh....and expect some Willy adventures in left field this entire series. More than usual. LF in Shea is a tough field for even the best defensive players.

He's probably the smartest base runner on the team. And he works the pitch count, which is something I like to see a lead off guy do. I think we lose some on D when he is in CF but I really have no problem with it.