2 Miami Dolphins are no longer family

Strike 3

Well, this is a surprise to me! They always seemed so happy and the kids are so young.

Miami Herald

2 Miami Dolphins are no longer family

In Broward County family court: Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor and wife Katina. She filed for divorce. Married five years, they have three children, Isaiah, 3, Mason, 2, and Grace, 8 months. Katina is the sister of Zach Thomas, a Dolphins linebacker.

Katina, 30, asks to be designated ''primary residential parent.'' She wants to remain in their Davie home -- where the kids ''feel the safest and most comfortable.'' And she wants alimony and child support.

Taylor, 31, received a contract extension in 2004 that was said to be worth $45 million for six seasons. ''The husband and wife enjoyed a privileged lifestyle sustained and supported by the husband's wealth,'' Katina says in court docs. They have a ''luxurious home,'' drive fancy cars and own a yacht named Katina.

Katina's attorney is Marsha Elser. No word on who represents Taylor. He has not responded to Katina's petition, and no attorney has filed a notice of appearance. In fact, court records show Taylor in ''default'' -- for ``failure to serve or file any paper as required by law.''

On April 30, the Taylors said they were victims of a road rage attack. Police arrested electrician Redmond Charles Burns on charges including battery and resisting arrest. He pleaded not guilty, and trial is set for Aug. 21.

The divorce is before Broward Circuit Judge Susan Aramony.

and from Greg Cote's blog...

Greg Cote

Surprised (and sorry) to read in Joan Fleischman's Talk of Our Town column this morning that the wife of Dolphins star Jason Taylor, Katina, has filed for divorce after five years and three young children. They presented the picture of a perfect marriage. It verifies how little we know about our athletes' private lives.

Katina, as most Dolfans know by now, is the sister of fellow Dolphins star Zach Thomas, meaning Miami's two defensive lynchpins are about to be former brothers-in-law. Dolphins fans should hope the situation doesn't cause any sort of rift between the players.

Taylor faces the added personal headache of a preseason trial (beginning Aug. 21) in that road rage matter. The man who allegedly attacked the Taylors has pleaded not guilty and so that's headed for court right at the time the player should be honing his focus on football.

Sometimes real life shows just no courtesy at all, intruding into our playtime.

I have no respect for Jason Taylor at all.....last year my girl friend Cori was in Miami and at a stoplight Jason Taylor asked her if she wanted to go back to her place.

He deserved this...I hope his wife takes half of everything.

This is not a direct insult to you, but I doubt that really happened.

We all know what happens with 'telephone'.

I have no respect for Jason Taylor at all.....last year my girl friend Cori was in Miami and at a stoplight Jason Taylor asked her if she wanted to go back to her place.

Yeah right :lol . Tell your girlfriend not to flatter herself.

she's bangable.

lol, she looks EXACTLY like Zach Thomas.

Yeah right :lol . Tell your girlfriend not to flatter herself.

she's bangable.

lol, she looks EXACTLY like Zach Thomas.

Yeah, just give her some shoulder pads and we got our new LB.