Pee Wee's Playhouse

Mabdul Doobakus

This was my favorite show growing up. It'll be running nightly at 11 PM on the Cartoon Network starting tonight. I haven't seen an episode in 15 years, so I'm pumped for this.

Laurence Fishburne and Phil Hartman regularly appeared on the show. And it's generally considered one of the greatest Saturday morning shows of all time.

The movie is one of my favorites. I know there's a decent amount of adult innuendo in the kid's show, but the movie is funny on a different level. I have no idea how many times I watched that movie growing up; I only know that every line is pretty much engrained in my brain.

It's Danny Elfman's first and maybe his best film score, too. This was before he started to repeat himself.

Funny you mentioned Elfman's score. It just seems like he repeats himself switching a few things here and there. I used to know the whole score to Edward Scissorhands (which I think is his best) and now I can't remember it after watching several different films featuring his music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...