Jeremy IS NOT Coming Around...

... to score.

Jeremy has gotten on base via singles, doubles, triples, BB, IBB and HBP 81 times and has come around to score 22 times (27%).

Hanley has gotten on base via singles, doubles, triples, BB, IBB and HBP 123 times and has come around to score 64 times (52%).

The difference between 27% and 52% is the reason you put high OBP guys (i.e. Jeremy) in front of your sluggers and not in front of the Reggies and Treanors.

isnt Hermida having a hard enough time driving guys in right now though?

Uggla is doing a fine job at that

note: im doing this blindly off the top of my head, but it doesnt seem like Hermida is driving anyone in

I think that's the point though, he wouldn't have to drive anyone in, he'd just be getting on base to be driven in.

Perhaps have a line-up of:

Hanley

Hermida

Jacobs

Cabrera

Uggla

Willingham

Uggla would be an RBI machine behind Cabs and Jake.

note: im doing this blindly off the top of my head, but it doesnt seem like Hermida is driving anyone in

I think that's the point though, he wouldn't have to drive anyone in, he'd just be getting on base to be driven in.

Hanley

Hermida

Jacobs

Cabrera

Uggla

Willingham

I like that lineup.

Uggla is better than Jeremy driving guys in and Jeremy is better than Uggla getting on base. Put Jeremy in front of the sluggers and move Uggla to 4th or 5th where he will have a lot more RBI opportunities than he does hitting 2nd. Uggla is a good run producer and I feel he's getting too many PAs with no one on hitting 2nd. The current lineup is underutilizing Jeremy's OBP and Uggla's run production potential.

Hermida's position in the lineup is fine. The problem is the people who hit behind him (we all know who one of them is).

Do you even have to say that? We all know everything is his fault.

:rolleyes:

If you are not scoring runs why not blame the people hitting behind him? I mentioned him being one of them but I didn't single him out. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Olivo bats behind him also, does he suck too?

Hermida's position in the lineup is fine. The problem is the people who hit behind him (we all know who one of them is).

If you are not scoring runs why not blame the people hitting behind him? I mentioned him being one of them but I didn't single him out. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Not on first-pitch fastballs.

Putting Amezega in CF would be retarded. He isn't going to be the Marlins future CFer, he is what he is. This is by no means a dis to the Marlins because they are doing better then anyone expected, but in all likelyhood you aren't going to win the Wild Card this year. Even if you do have a chance, playing AA over Reggie isn't going to be the move that gets you there.

Why even bother giving guys like Amezega and Helms more playing time? They aren't part of the future and you know what they are. Meanwhile who knows if something will click for Reggie and the light will turn on and he will get it.

If Reggie doesn't show improvement in the final couple months of the season, he will be in AAA or on another team next year. Might as well see if he is part of the future now, whether then play guys you know aren't part of the future.

The Marlins have the brightest future in the majors. I don't know if many would argue that. Find out what young guys like Reggie can do. If he can't cut it, go sign or trade for someone in the off season.

If Reggie doesn't show improvement over the next couple months I don't think guys like myself, Ramp, and Deep Fried Fish word say a word if he isn't on the Marlins next year (I make no promises for Abercrombie61).

It's a thinly veiled attempt at Reggie and Treanor bashing as he shows in a later response. I'm starting to ignore those types of posts. Mainly people sitting at home and screaming at their TVs when they live within 25 miles of the stadium dosen't impress me much.

Treanor is a back up catcher and not there for his bat. Just not to give us much of a let down with his glove. He does a fine job in that aspect. I have no idea why people think we should have 2 Silver Slugger candidates at the catcher position. Some at the start of the season or in ST even went so far as wanting him gone and moving Jacobs to the catcher position.

Reggie is Reggie. If things click, he stays. If not, he gets some competition next ST. Where I have seen alot of improvement is in his baserunng. 3 or 4 times this homestand alone his speed on the base paths have led to errors. He isn't able to read pitchers well enough yet to be a steal threat and I would hope either Girardi gives up on that aspect for now or gives him extra training at it. I would just as soon rather see him lay more bunts down for hits or reach on error that way. Kinda more like JP and Castillo did for us. His speed is his best weapon at this point. His bat may never come around to what is expected of him. Especially hitting in that #8 slot. But he is what we have for the year. Crying about it won't change things.

Hanley

Hermida

Jacobs

Cabrera

Uggla

Willingham

I like that lineup.

Uggla is better than Jeremy driving guys in and Jeremy is better than Uggla getting on base. Put Jeremy in front of the sluggers and move Uggla to 4th or 5th where he will have a lot more RBI opportunities than he does hitting 2nd. Uggla is a good run producer and I feel he's getting too many PAs with no one on hitting 2nd. The current lineup is underutilizing Jeremy's OBP and Uggla's run production potential.

I rather have Uggla hitting third in front of Cabs, but that lineup makes more sense to me than the one we are using right now. As long as Hermida hits 2nd the rest of the lineup does not concern me a bit.

Check his stats. Does he?

We seem to have this belief here that every rookie is supposed to become a superstar his first season, and that just isn't realistic.

So what if Hermida isn't rookie of the year as so many pundits promised? The one thing I'm confident about is he'll be a better player next year, and probably the year after that.

That's all that really matters.

We should move to the AL and make this the line-up:

1. Hanley SS

2. Hermida RF

3. Jacobs 1B

4. Cabrera 3B

5. Uggla 2B

6. Willingham LF

7. Olivo C

8. Willis DH :mischief

9. Amezaga CF (Why not?)

lets just start willis in cf right now

I guess you didn't know that I am a member of the anti-Olivo coalition as well.

I don't like him. He isn't bad but I want a replacement after this season. His surge as of late has been great but I've been looking past it.

I agree. This hot streak that he's on right now is a fluke. His opb is only .300 He's a good guy to have but he's not the future at C.

Hermida should definitely be hitting 2nd in the lineup. Only Miggy has a higher OBP on the team, and thats because no one will pitch him.