Lefty?

VNYB

I was wondering why we do not have a lefty BP pitcher before games against left handed pitchers? You would think at this level and with a lot of rookies you would have some throwing BP. We are 36-36 aganist right handers and 9-16 against lefties. Could this help out our rookies against them?

Its BP. Its not like in BP the pitcher is throwing anything but meatballs. They pitch from a spot closer than the actual mound and the ball doesnt even have the same trajectory as it does coming off the mound. Having a lefty pitch instead of a righty on days when leftys are pitching wouldnt do much to help the "rookies" or anyone else.

Don't they use a pitching machine to simulate specific types of pitches?

they have an awesome pitching machine in the batting cages. i got to watch JP hit for a while in the batting cage. it throws different types of pitches, and different speeds. it's pretty neat. you can buy one similar at sports authority..it's like $3500. but they don't bring a machine to pitch to them when they're taking batting practice on the field. they have a coach pitch to them. and on the matter of a lefty pitching to them. i'm available, i throw about 65..and i have a good cutter and change..

I was wondering why we do not have a lefty BP pitcher before games against left handed pitchers? You would think at this level and with a lot of rookies you would have some throwing BP. We are 36-36 aganist right handers and 9-16 against lefties. Could this help out our rookies against them?

We are 7 below .500 agiasnt lefties thats why we arent at .500