Well, that certainly was fun

Anyone who doesn't know Jeffrey Loria is Marlins fan #1 should have been at tonight's game.

There he was through the first five innings, screaming at the umpire, jestering, stand up yelling "you're crazy..." as he watched Josh Johnson getting squeezed pitch after pitch. He was actually redfaced he was so upset.

So that brings to tonight's tv broadcast. Did Tommy think Johnson was being squeezed? Did they show any shots of Loria? Any shots in the dugout of how displeased (heck, pissed) the players looked early on?

A couple of good things out of an otherwise miserable night. It was great to see Cabrera as the infield general, barking out orders, positioning guys, giving signals what he wanted when the bases were loaded. Regardless of anything else, this guy came to play tonight.

Moehler I thought did reasonably well for part of his stint, perhaps he's better suited for an inning or two of work right now. But as the game went on the Dodgers would have teed off on Cy Young with the lead they had built.

Ramirez continues to be a defensive buffoon, unable to keep track of runners, forgetting he's the cutoff man, or simply trying to make plays when he should just eat the ball.

Met Cody Ross' wife. He married well.

You should've heard how pissed Tommy was. His voice cracked at one point because he was so pissed.

From my seats I can look right into the broadcast booth and I thought that was the case, he looked furious.

Can someone amplify on what he was saying?

Watch ESPN. You can hear Rich voice screaming when they are showing Girardi getting ejected when they show the Marlins/Dodgers game.

During Girardi ejection, Rich said something like this:

Rich: Let it all out Girardi!!! You deserve it!!!!

Very angry at the ump.

I don't care about anything Hutton has to say about the umps.

When calls don't go our way he whines relentlessly but says nothing when they do so.

Rich is an honest broadcaster.. if we get a break he has no qualms saying so. I respect and thank him for that.

When we get a break Tommy will occasionally say "oh it was very, very close" but that's about it and then rips the other manager for arguing by yelling "HE'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE CALL."

In my opinion Hutton as no credibility.

When calls don't go our way he whines relentlessly but says nothing when they do so.

Rich is an honest broadcaster.. if we get a break he has no qualms saying so. I respect and thank him for that.

When we get a break Tommy will occasionally say "oh it was very, very close" but that's about it and then rips the other manager for arguing by yelling "HE'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE CALL."

Im sorry Tommy hutton has a heart and an opinion, well try to get Napoleon Dynamite to broadcast the game for you next time.

Hutton tells it the way it is. When on FSN Florida or Sun Sports broadcasts, he's a little slanted towards the Marlins, but he goes straight down the middle if tapped by big Fox for a national broadcast. When an ump blows a call, Hutton will say something about it. When the Marlins catch a break, he will say so. I don't know how often you watch games, but it can't be very often, because T-Hut will tell it how it is no matter which team is in question. I also question your knowledge of the word credibility. To suggest that Rich Waltz is more honest and credible than Tommy Hutton is insane.

Great stuff about Loria, he's a good fan.

I was only a few seats away from him tonight, and he walked in front of me on his way in and out :shifty :D

Hutton tells it the way it is. When on FSN Florida or Sun Sports broadcasts, he's a little slanted towards the Marlins, but he goes straight down the middle if tapped by big Fox for a national broadcast. When an ump blows a call, Hutton will say something about it. When the Marlins catch a break, he will say so. I don't know how often you watch games, but it can't be very often, because T-Hut will tell it how it is no matter which team is in question. I also question your knowledge of the word credibility. To suggest that Rich Waltz is more honest and credible than Tommy Hutton is insane.

I was only a few seats away from him tonight, and he walked in front of me on his way in and out :shifty :D

To say he's only "a little slanted" is insane and makes me question your knowledge of the words "little" and "slanted" and to suggest he's more credible and honest than Waltz on umpiring calls (the matter at hand on here) makes me question your understanding of the words "honest" and "credible" and of the rules of the game. Have a good night.

To say he's only "a little slanted" is insane and makes me question your knowledge of the words "little" and "slanted" and to suggest he's more credible and honest than Waltz on umpiring calls (the matter at hand on here) makes me question your understanding of the words "honest" and "credible" and of the rules of the game. Have a good night.

what do you expect? Tommy is a local color guy, hes supposed to be slanted towards the Marlins

what do you expect? Tommy is a local color guy, hes supposed to be slanted towards the Marlins

Sshhhh. Don't enter in with logic. Not gonna work. Unless you are looking for a playground style retaliation.

Tommy does a great job when broadcasting for this team. Natch he's slanted towards our guys as his job demands. Listen to the broadcasters for any other team's home station and they are even more slanted. And his knowledge of the game is something. When Tommy is tapped for nationally televised Fox games he is intelligent, straight forward, and honest about the team without showing any partiality. The guy is in his 10th season as a Marlins broadcaster for FSN so he must be doing something right. Don't like him? Try to interview for the job. Or just use the mute option.

Rich is one of the best play by play guys we have had. I would like him to be a bit more opinionated but he does a fine job. He's kind of a typical yes man but he does make some good points from time to time.

Last week end showed us why Cookie isn't in Tommy's seat. He was confused alot of the time. Even said on a few occasions that their Abe Nunez was the same Abe Nunez that played here (and I use the word "played" very loosely LOL). He could also be a little hard to understand at times and was obviously picking his words very carefully. His broadcasts just didn't have the "flow."

It continues to amaze me that people that supposedly live withing 30 minutes of the stadium and do not go to many games are the ones that find the most fault with everything about the Marlins, including their announcers. Heck, I'm willing to bet there are at least a dozen people here that have spent more time this year alone just driving to and from the stadium than they have at the stadium.

A couple of good things out of an otherwise miserable night. It was great to see Cabrera as the infield general, barking out orders, positioning guys, giving signals what he wanted when the bases were loaded. Regardless of anything else, this guy came to play tonight.

I've noticed this this homestand as well. My seats are in left field by the bullpen, so I'm staring at Cabrera's back the whole game. His intensity has been so much higher lately... I attribute it to two things: the recent Walkoff Home Run and attempt by the FO to acquire Soriano. He now feels this team can do it, he knows the FO believes it too, and he really wants to win... He doesn't understand losing. He won Venezuela Caribbean Series the year before 2003, and then the WS in his first year. He really wants to win.

Example: the other day: With two outs, runner on second, the count went full and Cabrera signaled to Willingham to take a few steps in. Since the runners would now be going on the pitch, he wanted him to get a little closer in order for Willingham to have a chance to throw out the runner at home if it was hit to him... So smart.

He's also been pumping his fist when he turns double plays as well- he wants it, the intensity is high. He also signaled out to Amezaga in CF the other day, and he's been more athletic on the plays to his left, which he's struggled with before (::cough, cough:: all-star game ::cough, cough:: ).

Im sorry Tommy hutton has a heart and an opinion, well try to get Napoleon Dynamite to broadcast the game for you next time.

:lol ..that was a totally sweet play..

:lol